Senior housing to offer indoor, outdoor amenities in Leominster...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A community baseball field, miles of walking trails, and an amphitheater that will play host to the Thayer Symphony Orchestra are among the amenities underway at the Brooks Pond Senior Housing Development.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Three Letters

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Is this the development near Forty's on Central Street?
Leominster Parent

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Yes it is.

“Blue Devils Fan”

Since: Nov 08

Leominster

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

My wife and I took a tour when they had their open house and it's quite nice. I think there's a lot more work to do on the grounds but it's a good start.
Blue Dog

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Why would they build this place right next to the to worst apartment complexes in the city, Central Village and Litchfield? Hope the old people get security systems, those places are rough!
President Obama

Hingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Where do the ILLEAGAL IMMIGRANTS who are building the place live? My Auntie kubooki is looking to move up. Do they have they have free cable and a welfare office on site? I wouldn't want to inconvienience her on cold days, after all she is not much of a winter sports enthusiast. And one more thing, a county jail nearby would be nice. You know to visit the chillens for Kwaanza
Out of Towner

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Blue Dog wrote:
Why would they build this place right next to the to worst apartment complexes in the city, Central Village and Litchfield? Hope the old people get security systems, those places are rough!
The answer is really easy. The land was cheap. I'll also have an extra large Bovenzi with cheese and onions to go.

Since: Mar 08

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

They look pricey. Where does Bovenzi get all his money for these projects ? Fact is, illegals have taken over the construction business in MA, putting honest/legal contractors out of work...
Blue Dog

Dover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Ken Burgess wrote:
They look pricey. Where does Bovenzi get all his money for these projects ? Fact is, illegals have taken over the construction business in MA, putting honest/legal contractors out of work...
You should blame the companies who hire undocumented people, not poor people who want to work. This country was built by immigration and will continue to do so into the future. That's the American way. "E Pluribus Unam" or one from many. I'm sure people like you badmouthed the Irish and the French and Italian a century ago when they came to Leominster seeking work.
Blue Dog

Dover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

President Obama wrote:
Where do the ILLEAGAL IMMIGRANTS who are building the place live? My Auntie kubooki is looking to move up. Do they have they have free cable and a welfare office on site? I wouldn't want to inconvienience her on cold days, after all she is not much of a winter sports enthusiast. And one more thing, a county jail nearby would be nice. You know to visit the chillens for Kwaanza
Wow. Bitter about the election at all?
Here's some facts about welfare so you don't continue to make a fool out of yourself:
http://www.apa.org/pi/wpo/myths.html
Local Guy

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Blue Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You should blame the companies who hire undocumented people, not poor people who want to work. This country was built by immigration and will continue to do so into the future. That's the American way. "E Pluribus Unam" or one from many. I'm sure people like you badmouthed the Irish and the French and Italian a century ago when they came to Leominster seeking work.
I'm still badmouthing the French, Irish and Italians.
bovenzi unit owner

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Hopefully these units don't have some of the problems that other Bovenzi units have:
1> crumbling basements
2> extremely warped hardwood floors
3> missing HVAC components
4> fault HVAC components
5> missing gutters
6> gutters that donít work correctly Ė no doubt will lead to serious roofing and leaking problems in the future
7> miscellaneous and numerous interior finishing issues
8> leaking roofs
9> gas leaks
10> problems with decks rotting prematurely

Then there are the employees. Some are OK, but they donít make up for the arrogance and rudeness of other employees.
John Q Public

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Apparently, all is not wonderful in Bovenziville.
Owner Too

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

bovenzi unit owner wrote:
Hopefully these units don't have some of the problems that other Bovenzi units have:
1> crumbling basements
2> extremely warped hardwood floors
3> missing HVAC components
4> fault HVAC components
5> missing gutters
6> gutters that donít work correctly Ė no doubt will lead to serious roofing and leaking problems in the future
7> miscellaneous and numerous interior finishing issues
8> leaking roofs
9> gas leaks
10> problems with decks rotting prematurely
Then there are the employees. Some are OK, but they donít make up for the arrogance and rudeness of other employees.
To do it all over again ....
John Q Public

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

I'll have a Bovenzi to go with extra cheese and a crumbling basement. Throw in a side order of rotting deck timbers. With a dipping sauce, of course. The only thing this guys got going for him is that he's not "light in his loafers" like Liscotti.
Bovenzi-17 years

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Well, there are a ton of things missing here! I've lived in a condo made by Bovenzi, then an apartment, as well as rode horse with his family. I have not really any complaints! I mean, the guy helps out our community, builds the apartments/condos/houses for people to live in, with much style, and he is a great builder! Compared to the half ass places I've seen. My fiance and I just went last week and checked out Brooks Pond. The location, we were surprised about. Then you drive down to the apartments, that are set way back, and they are so pleasent. There will be a security guard there at all times, like there is at Liberty Place, maybe even 2! We are definately filling out an application. There are 2 buildings that are accepting small pets. Which we have!! Frank, although is VERY dificult to deal with, we will deal with him! There are garages, for a fee of $100.00 a month. Bovenzi,himself is a great guy...His employees, especially Frank Herbert is very difficult!! If you are having issues go to Bovenzi, himself!! My parents live in a place built by Bovenzi, I was brought up in places made by him. Brooks Pond have granite counter tops, huge rooms, huge closet space. A bunch of white guys are on construction sight!! Maybe a few African American and Spanish guys, but that's it, it's a mix. Get over the whole race thing....You people are so judgmental....
Apartment Dweller

North Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Blue Dog wrote:
Is that all people can do is judge everyone else for who they are or what they do! Funny how people find it so easy to judge instead of looking at the positive side. No wonder our world is the way it is.

I happen to live there and not very long but so far, so good. I absolutely LOVE it. Furthermore, it's the perfect place for me as I have children who live "next door to the worst apartment complexes in town." Just because they live where they live doesn't make them bad. Maybe you should remember where you came from yourself unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth! Stop being so negative and look at the positive. I'll keep all you negative ones in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••