Georgia - Court Rules Harry Potter Ca...

Georgia - Court Rules Harry Potter Can Stay

There are 4 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from May 29, 2007, titled Georgia - Court Rules Harry Potter Can Stay. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

The adventures of boy wizard Harry Potter can stay in Gwinnett County school libraries, despite a mother's objections, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Feel Sorry for the Kids

United States

#1 May 30, 2007
No one likes to be the kid in school with the crazy mom.
Crazy

Gainesville, FL

#2 May 31, 2007
What a nutjob, I guess Mickey Mouse is a sorcerer after Fantasia, so lets ban all Disney stuff too.

GET A GRIP people, there is a reason it is called FICTION.
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

#3 May 31, 2007
No doubt we need god back in our schools, but we still need freedom of speech. Harry Potter books are great! My son is 13 years old and has read all of the books a few times over, and he goes to church every Sunday, he clearly understands that God is real and Harry is not. This woman should try teaching her children that instead of punishing all of our kids for her own misconceptions! Children don't study witchcraft because of what they read in a book, and they don't kill people because some Led Zepplin song told them too when they played it backwards. Our childrens morals and standards of life are taught at home! Compassion, love and understanding all taught from home, respecting others and human life....HOME! Harry Potter is not raising your children, you are. So instead of trying to regulate what all of our children are reading, just work on your own. Hopefully all the other parents in the world will work on theirs too.
Tina

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2007
Did she say that this book is going to make children want to turn to witch craft?

The last time I checked only the insane thought they could fly on brooms. I have never seen a voodoo doll work..

I have taught my child the difference between reality and fantasy. FYI Witch craft is fiction people.......not real..get it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Popular Fiction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goldilocks Was a Hipster (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News 'The Golem of Hollywood' (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Exploring Belgrade's English Books Scene (Feb '13) Feb '13 Serbonazis 1
News Valentine's Day: Couples in History (Feb '13) Feb '13 rrfrf 1
News Fifty Shades vies for book prize (Nov '12) Nov '12 Percy_K_Skylar 1
"Leviathan" (1989) (Aug '11) Aug '11 Abishai100 1
Book reviewers wanted! (May '11) May '11 Mary Thresher 2
More from around the web