First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michael aka-Nightlord

Marion, NC

#21 Nov 18, 2012
While all these sites are just fine, and I partially agree with Moqu. True Allpoety has young writers, but they also have friends who are more experienced in the art of writing. These act like a big brother or sister program in which the younger writers gain exp from the older. However to say the younger ones write glorified blogs is a huge overstatement. Some of the best writers are young however I digress. The point is Allpoetry has so many options in my mind the others cannot compete. I am a member of several of these sites and love them all but all poetry bar non is overall the my personal favorite. The amount of feed back and the options are really amazing and I would recommend it to any level of writer.
Lee

Camberwell, Australia

#22 Jan 15, 2014
I find it sad that so many are so willing to stick it to others without really understanding, in this case the sites in question. I haven't been to Authomation but have been a member of Allpoetry for quite a few years and have had no problem with anything there. I am a paid member and enjoy the company of all the people whom I got to know and who have become friends offline as well as on. I intend to check out Authomation because it may be a great place to do my novel writing, although Allpoetry does have this as well. What I really like about Allpoetry is the fact that you have your own page and it is easy to navigate the site. You do eventually find your own niche with like minded people writing similar to you so that is great to boost your own writing skills with critiques which I have always found helpful. I also belong to asite called Authonomy but left that because so many were badgering for you to read their stories without giving you any feeback at all. The site owners did however tell me that this would happen but to ignore such things but it became impossible to find people who actually meant what they said. I did like the site though and it is run by HarperCollins. All in all, I love Allpoetry and am off not to try out Athomation. It takes time for any site to build a following so if it is good, it will prevail. Good luck to all writers wherever you go and ignore my spelling mistakes - they are my keyboards - it's new! lol!!!!!!!!!!
Sector-Huner

Bethania, NC

#23 Jul 3, 2014
I have been a member of AP now for 12 years. I started off just writing so I could read a girlfriend post at the time. I have grown to love to write not just poetry but stories as well. If you are a young poet like I was when I joined you will find a lot on the site that will help you grow with all types of writing. I have not been to the other site so I cant say anything about it. I will say though like one person said any site that gets you to write is a good one. Years ago I also was of the staff at AP a greeter and I loved my job. I had to stop because life started to take up to much time to keep doing my job. I know for a fact that staff will help you promptly if you need it and you have the option to block anyone that bothers you. I have 4 of my own forms of poetry now because I stuck with writing. I made friends that helped me grow as an over all writer and not just a poet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Omar Khayyam: Persian Mathematician, Astronomer... May 16 hpcaban 2
News Holy Buckets, Batman: It's Poetry For Comic Boo... May 11 Igorgoldkind 1
is she available? May 8 Igorgoldkind 2
News Baltimore's youth poet laureate wants to discus... Apr '15 Hallie 1
News Things to do in the Berkshires, April 9 Apr '15 Praxis33 2
News Love Affair Between Psychology and Poetry Apr '15 HumanSpirit 2
I feel this LITTLE Apr '15 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web