Comparing www.allpoetry.com to www.au...

Comparing www.allpoetry.com to www.authornation.com

Posted in the Poetry Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PublishedWriter

Mckinney, TX

#1 Dec 17, 2007
As far as a site to post poetry on www.allpoetry.com is heads and shoulders above this called free site www.authornation.com . Free is is worth nothing on authornation. www.allpoetry.com has great tools, and for a slightly extra fee, has great upgrade options. Membership of www.allpoetry.com is over 14,000 members, a far cry from the 1200 members of authornation, with over three quarters of them, non participating.
A better poet than you

Malvern, PA

#2 Dec 25, 2007
What a Jerk. This can only be the comments of a man who has nothing in his empty life. It is obvious that he has been thrown off a number of writing sites. His writing style is childish and poor. His grammar skills are sorely lacking. For example he left out "so" in front of called. Why would anyone berate a free Web site. www.authornation.com is a great place for someone with talent. This man has none and if he has joined another geat site like www.allpoetry.com , it won't be long before his vicousness makes the owners of that site throw him off as well
Observer

Redmond, WA

#3 Jan 14, 2008
As I was surfing the Topix sites, I found this posting from "A better poet than you" most interesting. After ragging out the "PublishedWriter" about leaving the word "so" out of a sentence, his poor grammar skills, and his childish and poor writing style, note that the poster misspelled the word "Great." The sentence reads, "This man has none and if has joined another "geat" site......" Whether the posting is done by the owner of the vanity publishing company who ownes the site, or it was one of his "henchpersons" posting, this above posting brings great laughter. It also demonstrates a web company with no class or ethtics. Wonder if the publishing company makes these kinds of typo's on submitted writer's work for that $500. Free, sometimes can be very costly. From my experience, the winner of the 2007 Internet Publishing Award for 2007 was Lulu.com and, is the only way to go in publishing. The head of this company is an individual with a great reputation and is a class act to boot in prior success in internet enterprises.
Frank

Mckinney, TX

#4 Jan 14, 2008
Dear "better poet than you," Since you proceeded to run down an individual for posting an objective opinion on the comparison of two free posting sites for writers, why don't you refer us to some of your "great" poetry, so we can judge your worth to the human race? Sounds to me, you have "some personal issues" with this individual that took you off to this very personal, and slanderous type posting against this individual. Are you the type and calibre of individual to truly judge the worth of another person's writing? Let us see what you got Put up or flake off!
Surfer

Redmond, WA

#5 Jan 15, 2008
I envision "better poet than you" to be a squeak of a man. About 5'10, bald, horn-rimmed glasses, a professional student till he was 35, and his parents took him off the payroll. Married and divorced in his late forties, no children. Few friends, all cyber ones. Avoided the draft by being in school. A non-believer in a greater power. Spends most of his days hating himself and the world at large. Easy to spot, clothes all about fifteen years old. Wears a clip on bow tie, most of the time. Drives a fifteen year old Volkswagon. Favorite thing...sitting in dark corners, playing with old metal soldiers. Most of the hate comes from his childhood, where he spend most of his time being made fun of by his school mates. A poor excuse of a man to have great pity upon.
Joe

Redmond, WA

#6 Jan 20, 2008
I noticed Phil, PA must be the nerve center of the website flake operations of the world. Every free site is designed to lure individuals into sites, basically dishonest in its pitch of "helping their fellowman" and generally full of the low lights of the internet.
Jay M

Rochester, NY

#7 Jan 25, 2008
I feel that Better Poet than you has been overly rude, however I also feel that Published Writer is making unfair comparisons. Authornation has been around a very short time compared to allpoetry.com which has been around since 2001. There is no way it could have as many members. I have had pleasant experiences so far on authornation, and it is a good site especially if your interests extend beyond poetry. Allpoetry.com is also great, but more limited in focus.
No need to tell

UK

#8 Feb 23, 2008
What a rude post. You clearly have no manners and are probably yourself quite a sad, perhaps lonely and bitter, fool.
I don't normally post to these kind of forums, but I found it by accident and was quite suprised by your pointlessness.
No need to tell

UK

#9 Feb 23, 2008
Ethtics, ownes - who are you to talk, rudeboy?
scribbler-tx

Mesquite, TX

#10 Apr 10, 2008
Do we e-poetry or talk around the subject?
Joe

North Providence, RI

#11 Aug 31, 2008
I have been an member of authornation.com for about 8 months or so. Yes, it is a lovefest. You don't really get hard critique on your poetry or any other writing. They just 'love it'. However, that's not always a bad thing. When you can't find a writing group to bounce ideas off of someone, this is the next best thing. I've never visited allpoetry.com . I am interested in scoping it out. Any place you write is a good place as far as I am concerned.

Enjoy...

J
Gina

AOL

#12 Dec 15, 2008
Well, I happened to come across this little exchange and am amused...found a typo in every post in which another person was berated for a typo...:))) Typo or not, what is the point in such a comparison? One site features poets, the other features writers in general...and if these sites are 'free,' you know they are supported by advertisers or they draw new attention and potential clients or they serve some other purpose...authorsden.com started out free and grew into a million dollar business within a few years (I'm fairly certain)...Why not take advantage of all these sites? Make new friends, gain experience, take part in the love-fest, feel good and Write!

Gina

Since: Dec 08

United States

#13 Dec 16, 2008
IN THE MOUNTAINS

In the mountains
I have found you there;
In the valleys
I never felt alone,
for you were everywhere,
and I was never out on my own.
In the mountains
I have felt your sweet carress.#11
In the rivers below
I felt the cold winds blow;
I never felt so blessed.
In the mountains
I could talk to you casually,
and know the peace you supply,
and all your beauty see,
for I never asked why.
In the mountains
I felt your spirit by and by.
(C)
The Wandering Poet: Lee Desper 05-11-07

Since: Dec 08

United States

#14 Dec 16, 2008

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS

A circle of friends there have come to be,#1
but there is no end,
and a feeling of sympathy.
A friend is hard to find
who will stick with you
through thick or thin,
for they bring comfort to your mind
as you stand out in the rain,
and out in the wind.
A circle of friends completely surround me,
and I am undone
but they give me security,
for they stand with the father and the Son;
A circle of friends stand here below,
but all behold the Fathers face,
And I can feel the cold winds blow,
but they are from every kindred,
and from every race.
THE WANDERING POET: Lee Desper 10-04-07
Moqui Takoda

United States

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Observer wrote:
As I was surfing the Topix sites, I found this posting from "A better poet than you" most interesting. After ragging out the "PublishedWriter" about leaving the word "so" out of a sentence, his poor grammar skills, and his childish and poor writing style, note that the poster misspelled the word "Great." The sentence reads, "This man has none and if has joined another "geat" site......" Whether the posting is done by the owner of the vanity publishing company who ownes the site, or it was one of his "henchpersons" posting, this above posting brings great laughter. It also demonstrates a web company with no class or ethtics. Wonder if the publishing company makes these kinds of typo's on submitted writer's work for that $500. Free, sometimes can be very costly. From my experience, the winner of the 2007 Internet Publishing Award for 2007 was Lulu.com and, is the only way to go in publishing. The head of this company is an individual with a great reputation and is a class act to boot in prior success in internet enterprises.
both sites are probably among the very best ... allpoetry is made up primarily of young writers under the age of l8 ... some are good and some are not good, but the site has the great advantage of having the option of an author page option which no other site on the web offers: you can use this large blank space and utilize it in the most dramtic ways imaginable ... so it is an excellent link for an author who wishes to show themselves and what they are about with a great deal of elan ... as for authornation.com ... the writers there are very much better as writers, almost without exception ... and it is a good place to find professional, not simply self published writers ... and to discuss writing with them, as is writingroom.com ... but if you are looking for an exceptional place to utilize as a central link for your author information and also stow your work in any dramatic fashion you desire for a very small optional fee ... allpoetry.com is the place to go ... both places have advantages,,, but if I had to choose one to keep it would be allpoetry.com because the powerful tools that it offers the author. Moqui Takoda
A PROPHECY I HAVE KNOWN

United States

#16 Dec 19, 2008
Admin OptionsEdit Post Add Tags

Delete Post Manage Blog A PROPHECY I HAVE KNOWN
----------

There is a prophecy I have known about a man
that ate grass just like a beast,
for he was all alone,
but his bragging had ceased.
He had taken God's people into bondage, then,
but God only allowed it to take place,
and as he stood bragging into the wind,
He did not humble himself,
and come before God's face.
God had caused him to eat straw just like the ox,
for he had put on many airs,
but his memory had been put in a box,
until Nebuchadnezzar learned----------
God is everywhere!

The Wandering Poet: Lee Desper 06-19-08
http:// 1wanderingpoet.ning.com/profile/LeeDesper
Haley

Elmhurst, IL

#17 Dec 19, 2008
This website http://www.poetryfreedom.com is still new and slowing building popularity. Eve Hall is one of the members and provides valuable feedback.
Leah

Knoxville, TN

#18 Dec 22, 2008
I don't have any experience with authornation.com , but I have been a member of allpoetry.com since 2003. Allpoetry has definitely helped me grow as an author,and has been a great free venue for displaying my works. It's true that a good portion of the site involves younger authors, and that a good portion of those younger authors may not be writing with the intention of creating anything more than a glorified blog, but on the whole allpoetry is excellent. It provides a writing community in which it is possible to receive critical feedback on a piece. It is interactive. It's FREE. There are FREE writing classes available (taught by other members), that deal with topics like rhyming, poem forms, song lyrics, and more. The moderators and mentors on the site are other members who dedicate this time and effort freely. I think on almost any writing site that offers free memberships to amateur/beginning authors there will be those who only post things like "gReAt JoB!!" or "love it!!1!!" However, if you look around a little, you can find serious writers/commenters that will critique your work. I've found this to be the case, especially on Allpoetry.
What about

Schererville, IN

#19 Dec 30, 2008
What about poetryfreedom.com ?
Nietzchneh

Puerto Rico

#20 Apr 28, 2009
I do believe this is a very unfair comparison in websites, at least looking apon the point that the topic creator made a short review of each, which in my opinin is too little to let the rest of us be convinced that allpoetry is in fact a good website.
HOWEVER, the way "A better poet than you" replied was also in fact very idsrespectful, starting with "What a jerk." There IS something called bulying and/or harrassing, and believe it or not, it hurts.
I have been a member of allpoetry for a while now, and even though I have not joined authornation, I can say that of all the other sites I have seen/joined, allpoetry is among the best. I really would recommend it to any author.

-K

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder of master of Islamic devotional music du... 3 hr Killing their own 1
News `a We Are Charlestona a new book that puts Moth... Jun 20 Adonay 1
News This autistic boy's poem will surprise you Jun 17 friend 2
News Police officers go on stage with Boys and Girls... Jun 13 June 1
Euridika "Eri Gligorova" Golja, chij kur pushis... Jun 2 Augusto De Bombol 1
News Tell Your Detroit Neighborhood Story in a New Book May '16 ThomasA 2
News Rachel Maddow Reads GOP Grievances About Trump ... May '16 Elise Gingerich 1
More from around the web