Onate student wins state poetry contest

Onate student wins state poetry contest

There are 2 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 28, 2011, titled Onate student wins state poetry contest. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Onate High School senior Nicole Bartlett's way with poetic words won top state championship honors, a cash gift for her school and a chance to compete for $20,000 in national Poetry Out Loud finals in Washington, D.C. "It was amazing, a dream come true.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

95Aggie

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Mar 1, 2011
Congrats! Always nice to hear of positive achievements by youth in the community!

“Radical But Reasonable”

Since: Jan 09

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Mar 1, 2011
Congratulations! There really are so many wonderful young people in our community...too bad so much attention is given to those who contribute nothing. Good luck to you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only One Light Sep 7 elizabethvitale 1
News Toronto authors Melanie Mah, Meaghan Strimas am... Jun '17 Roger 1
News Theater: 'For Colored Girls ' celebrates diversity Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 2
News R.I.P. Chuck Berry, the Guitarist Who Taught Us... (Mar '17) Apr '17 Michelle 8
News Who wrote Dasam Granth? (Aug '06) Mar '17 A sikh 42
News Author explores stories left untold by others 2... (Mar '17) Mar '17 AuthorPhartz 1
News Two Local Students Compete For Michigan Poetry ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Faith Michigan 1
More from around the web