Talks: Melinda Palacio Makes Her 'Ocotillo Dreams' Come True

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Noozhawk

When she moved to Chandler, Ariz., in the late 1990s, Melinda Palacio had no idea she'd be stumbling into the inspiration for her first novel: the city's infamous 1997 migrant sweeps.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
American Eagle

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Judged:

How about writing a book about the negative effects illegal aliens, not immigrants, have brought to the United States and it's citizens, namely the middle to low class income brackets.
Pando

Fort Mohave, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

So now topix is hawking books? Books sympathetic to ILLEGAL ALIENS?

Melinda Palacio was born on February 9, 1981, she moved to a house in Chandler AZ in the late 1990's while working for the Arizona Republic.

She claims she was unaware it was a drop house? How could you possibly move into a house where multiple families lived, in AZ, and not know it was a drop house? Especially since she was born and raised in L.A. with their own share of drop houses.

Sounds to me like gathering information for her book was the sole reason she moved there. Nothing wrong with that but why lie about it.

In her book she glamorizes a fictional woman for aiding and abetting ILLEGAL ALIENS which just happens to be a federal felony.

Waste your money buying this book -- I won't waste mine.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Judged:

A majority of the illegals that come here from mexico are illiterate so even if it were written in spanish no one would be able to read it let alone buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poetry Discussions

Search the Poetry Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Remembering Herman Taube, Witness to a Vanished... Apr 11 Naomi Katz 1
New Book by American Poet Norbert Krapf is Rele... Apr 9 Ed Stenftenagel 1
On Tap: Antioch High School students featured a... Apr 4 rockfish hunter 1
i wrote this poem for my boyfriend. what do u t... (Aug '07) Mar 31 Colorfull 409
What Was Rumi Talking About? Mar 30 Mawar 2
The Large Moose: Red Rite Mar 26 Abishai100 1
Ocean's 12: How America's Hip-Hop generation ma... (Jul '12) Mar 25 Big Knob 6
•••
•••
•••
•••