Talks: Melinda Palacio Makes Her 'Oco...

Talks: Melinda Palacio Makes Her 'Ocotillo Dreams' Come True

There are 3 comments on the Noozhawk story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Talks: Melinda Palacio Makes Her 'Ocotillo Dreams' Come True. In it, Noozhawk reports that:

When she moved to Chandler, Ariz., in the late 1990s, Melinda Palacio had no idea she'd be stumbling into the inspiration for her first novel: the city's infamous 1997 migrant sweeps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Noozhawk.

American Eagle

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Aug 15, 2011
How about writing a book about the negative effects illegal aliens, not immigrants, have brought to the United States and it's citizens, namely the middle to low class income brackets.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

#2 Aug 15, 2011
So now topix is hawking books? Books sympathetic to ILLEGAL ALIENS?

Melinda Palacio was born on February 9, 1981, she moved to a house in Chandler AZ in the late 1990's while working for the Arizona Republic.

She claims she was unaware it was a drop house? How could you possibly move into a house where multiple families lived, in AZ, and not know it was a drop house? Especially since she was born and raised in L.A. with their own share of drop houses.

Sounds to me like gathering information for her book was the sole reason she moved there. Nothing wrong with that but why lie about it.

In her book she glamorizes a fictional woman for aiding and abetting ILLEGAL ALIENS which just happens to be a federal felony.

Waste your money buying this book -- I won't waste mine.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 15, 2011
A majority of the illegals that come here from mexico are illiterate so even if it were written in spanish no one would be able to read it let alone buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To You Oct 2 Gato 1
The Dragon's Titanium Sep 22 Abishai100 1
Only One Light Sep '17 elizabethvitale 1
News Toronto authors Melanie Mah, Meaghan Strimas am... Jun '17 Roger 1
News Theater: 'For Colored Girls ' celebrates diversity Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 2
News R.I.P. Chuck Berry, the Guitarist Who Taught Us... (Mar '17) Apr '17 Michelle 8
News Who wrote Dasam Granth? (Aug '06) Mar '17 A sikh 42
More from around the web