Sask. book fest founder Gary Hyland d...

Sask. book fest founder Gary Hyland dies : founder of the Moose Jaw-based Festival of Words

There are 3 comments on the CBC News story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Sask. book fest founder Gary Hyland dies : founder of the Moose Jaw-based Festival of Words. In it, CBC News reports that:

sadly we note, Gary Hyland, one of Saskatchewan's leading poets , has died following a lengthy illness ...

pict http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/village.gif

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

EyeWitness to history

Toronto, Canada

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Alan Myers

Canada

#2 Apr 7, 2011
This is sad news! Gary Hyland was my Grade 12 English teacher. He was, without a doubt, one of the finest teachers I ever had. He had a passion for the subject matter - well beyond what I knew at the time.

This is a great loss.
ice gang

Stratford, Canada

#3 Apr 19, 2011
A great loss to Moose Jaw and Canada, his poems on the Jaw are classics, wonderful to read poetry when you know the characters, a sad day indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hemingway's first love? His passionate poem is ... Jul 18 TPeterson 1
News Complex view of Islam found in poetry of Iran, ... Jul 18 The Proclaimer 1
News Murder of master of Islamic devotional music du... Jun '16 Killing their own 1
News `a We Are Charlestona a new book that puts Moth... Jun '16 Adonay 1
News This autistic boy's poem will surprise you Jun '16 friend 2
News Police officers go on stage with Boys and Girls... Jun '16 June 1
Euridika "Eri Gligorova" Golja, chij kur pushis... Jun '16 Augusto De Bombol 1
More from around the web