Does VVSD Have a Bullying Problem?

Does VVSD Have a Bullying Problem?

There are 5 comments on the Patch.com story from Jan 20, 2012, titled Does VVSD Have a Bullying Problem?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

AsA Valley View School District 365U A continues to fine tune the details of what will eventually become a community-wide effort to reduce incidents of bullying, schools throughout the district are making plans to observe "No Name Calling Week" the last week of this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

jmm

Romeoville, IL

#1 Jan 21, 2012
It has a problem with discipline and accountability, bullying is the same as it always was. Kids can be mean, they have to learn that there are consequences for bad behavior and certain actions will not be tolerated, regardless of your socio-economic status or your surroundings at home.

The adults in the district, as a whole, are a group of enablers. The lesson that needs to be taught is that you can be a decent human being and a successful student IN SPITE of where you come from. There aren't special rules just for you BECAUSE of it.
Natasha

Romeoville, IL

#2 Jan 23, 2012
They really have bullying problems and its such a shame they have such an extended anti-bullying policy if they are not going to put it in practice, say that if you are been bullied tell it to the teacher or to the principal but is the same thing if the kids tell them they dont even notify the bullies mother so how is he going to get discipline, and in the bus is the same the older kids are always bothering the little ones hitting them or calling them names and they dont do nothing.
Restore America

Plainfield, IL

#3 Jan 23, 2012
jmm wrote:
It has a problem with discipline and accountability, bullying is the same as it always was. Kids can be mean, they have to learn that there are consequences for bad behavior and certain actions will not be tolerated, regardless of your socio-economic status or your surroundings at home.
The adults in the district, as a whole, are a group of enablers. The lesson that needs to be taught is that you can be a decent human being and a successful student IN SPITE of where you come from. There aren't special rules just for you BECAUSE of it.
Well said.
OMG

La Grange, IL

#4 Jan 27, 2012
I believe the Anit-Bullying week is a national event in schools. I believe school have the choice to participate or not.
flyonthewall

Carol Stream, IL

#5 Jan 29, 2012
Yes, it was anti-bullying week and I've been informed of these happenings at a couple of the elementary schools: a fifth grade boy physically injuring a fifth grade girl, cyber bullying between fifth grade students, and a fourth grader verbally threatening weapon-induced harm to another fourth grader. Where the heck are the parents of these kids? We shouldn't have to rely on the schools to teach our children how to behave or to know right from wrong. Parents need to parent and let's let the teachers focus on teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Euridika "Eri Gligorova" Golja, Mojata Polusest... Sep 24 Fernando de Bombol 1
Sep 15 Stephany McDowell 1
h20 Sep 5 Stephany McDowell 1
News Portrait Gallery exhibit gives hip-hop a good rap (Aug '08) Sep 4 Don Streat 44
News Sarah Harmer plays free show at Olympic Plaza Sep 3 Shiela 1
Umre Eri Gligorova (Euridika Golja) - 1960-2016 Sep 1 Huanito Bombol 1
RNA Mutation Sep 1 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web