Pussy Riot: pure protest poetry

Aug 20, 2012 Full story: The Guardian

Careless translations of Punk Prayer obscure the song's serious purpose and in solidarity with the band I'm offering my version of the lyrics as Poem of the week This week's poem is Punk Prayer by the Russian feminist punk band Pussy Riot , three of whose members have just been sentenced to two years in a prison colony for "hooliganism motivated by ... (more)

Full Story
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#1 Aug 20, 2012
People are acting like these idiots are actually real 'musicians' and have something to say! They are just three no talent degenerates who willfully insulted a group of people that have suffered severe repressions in the not so distant past! Get a grip; they are not poets or artists of any kind!

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

#2 Aug 20, 2012
Maybe not ur typical musicians, they're punk protesters. It was there way of getting the attention to protest about their government, they weren't protesting about the cathedral. Seems like the Russian police are still after more of the group and some chess champion "Garry kasparov" who apparently bit a policeman's hand during the protest. I guess that's sorta funny like, revenge of the nerd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poetry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advocating For A Glastonbury Poet Laureate Dec 26 i want that jon 1
The poetry of Katsumi Tanaka Dec 20 Will Dockery 1
Paste Your Poem Here!! Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Japan and others gain from Jamaican brain drain Dec 17 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
Columbus performance poet gains national fame (Jun '14) Dec 17 Will Dockery 4
Emergence of six-word power poetry to energize ... Dec 14 Will Dockery 1
African American Poetry of the 1800s Nov '14 abc-ya 3
More from around the web