Photographer captures how city has changed -- and hasn't

Jun 22, 2012 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise 18

Walking down Main Street and other portions of the city, there are remnants of a time that once was.

Full Story
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jun 22, 2012
This project is awesome. I encourage all citizens of fitchburg to check this exhibit out. Great job charles!

I hope that your project encourages others to pick up the torch and to get more involved in developing the community of Fitchburg into a safer and better place to live for ALL!

This exhibit to me is the beginning of the rebuilding of a sense of community within Fitchburg.

I encourage the Mayor and all city councilors to build on this spirit which Charles has uprouted!

I would like to see Charles to publish a book in reference to the History of Fitchburg. It would be nice to see a calender evolve out of this exhibit that could support a worthy cause within Fitchburg.

I would also like to see these photos enlarged and placed around the city of Fitchburg. The store in downtown Leominster did a similar project with old pics of Leominster and Fitchburg.

There is a lot of great history concerning Fitchburg. this sort of brainstorming of ideas can only be positive for Fitchburgs image. Fitchburg is filled with some wonderful people.
Hey Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Jun 22, 2012
You're a despicable excuse for a human. You're a turd. Your parents failed.
huh

Leominster, MA

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Hey Lynch wrote:
For once he had a good idea, but if you have a good idea you either do it or find someone who will. Don't blog about it - the people on here are not going to lift a finger to help you with one of your ideas.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Wasn't Sternaimo your campaign photographer Lynch? Did you pay him for that event? I don't recall ever seeing him as an expense in that effort. He did do a great job for the John Kerry campaign back in the day though. Do you think he may have been one of your 77 votes.
http://charlesphotography.net/news/08_FP_JOHN...
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jun 22, 2012
Hey Lynch wrote:
You have a lot of class! Is your statement threatening? Shouldn't these detectives out here investigate you? What is your purpose? Why do you stalk me? Are you the one following me? Is your name D B.? Your pals at the station should tell you to smarten up if you want a career in their department.

Tell your mentor that there is evidence that he posted the link! We all need to have a meeting. I will not allow you to continue this campaign against me! I want an understanding and an apology. Hopefully the voters begin to vote office holders out who do not hold city employees accountable for their threatening, illegal discriminatory actions.
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#6 Jun 22, 2012
Hey is a good idea, don't walk on the tracks behind Happy Car gas station and you won't be hit by a train. Should be on the 10pm or 11pm news tonight as it is going on right now.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Jun 22, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
For once he had a good idea, but if you have a good idea you either do it or find someone who will. Don't blog about it - the people on here are not going to lift a finger to help you with one of your ideas.
I have had the discussion with Charles and the Mayor prior. I encourage you to email the Mayor any ideas that you may have that would make Fitchburg a better and safer place.

If you had an open mind you could tell that I tell the truth always! I know the wonderful Chief Demoura falsly stated that I was not credible. It is funny how recent events have unfolded concerning information that I relayed to the Chief prior to him making that statement.

The Chief didn't mention that everything that I relayed to him was confirmed either by others or by the evidence itself. I was a candidate for Mayor at the time he made that statement. What he stated was more wrong than you think as I am honest and very credible! I just state the things that so many are afraid to state. I am not your typical politician who states one thing and does another!! We have all seen what these "politicians" have accomplished which is a bunch of "god ole boys" collecting city or state payrolls and in some cases two paychecks such as the accomplished Sheriff who killed himself when caught was doing!

The cash for jobs parties are illegal still!! Either you are against corruption or you are not! there is no grey area where you can state, "he is an accomplished individual", "he has decades of service" ect... There are plenty of guys who rightfully derserve those accolades but the ones who ABUSE those accolades and /or positions of power are corrupt no matter what uniform they wear!
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#8 Jun 22, 2012
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had the discussion with Charles and the Mayor prior. I encourage you to email the Mayor any ideas that you may have that would make Fitchburg a better and safer place.
If you had an open mind you could tell that I tell the truth always! I know the wonderful Chief Demoura falsly stated that I was not credible. It is funny how recent events have unfolded concerning information that I relayed to the Chief prior to him making that statement.
The Chief didn't mention that everything that I relayed to him was confirmed either by others or by the evidence itself. I was a candidate for Mayor at the time he made that statement. What he stated was more wrong than you think as I am honest and very credible! I just state the things that so many are afraid to state. I am not your typical politician who states one thing and does another!! We have all seen what these "politicians" have accomplished which is a bunch of "god ole boys" collecting city or state payrolls and in some cases two paychecks such as the accomplished Sheriff who killed himself when caught was doing!
The cash for jobs parties are illegal still!! Either you are against corruption or you are not! there is no grey area where you can state, "he is an accomplished individual", "he has decades of service" ect... There are plenty of guys who rightfully derserve those accolades but the ones who ABUSE those accolades and /or positions of power are corrupt no matter what uniform they wear!
You are not a politician period.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Jun 22, 2012
Stamos wrote:
Wasn't Sternaimo your campaign photographer Lynch? Did you pay him for that event? I don't recall ever seeing him as an expense in that effort. He did do a great job for the John Kerry campaign back in the day though. Do you think he may have been one of your 77 votes.
You enjoy opening up can of worms and attempting to make positive things about Fitchburg into a negative! Well since you opened your mouth why don't you just tell the people of Fitchburg who you actually are and what you are really all about!! And you think that you are slick? If I am right about who you are, the FBI has been notified of your recent events involving your car! And oh ya, there were other witnesses this time and you know that as you have also been reported for attempting to follow up on where those other witnesses lived!!! You are truly a nasty individual! You deserve to be in jail for what you lied about!

I have a strong feeling that Karma will find you rightfully so under investigation and put on the chopping block of justice and properly jailed!

Yes, I do know Charles but I do not know exactly how you are aware of this without having stalked me for the wrong reasons!I will tell you that I never paid Charles for taking pictures! I will say that there is a lot that you did not claim concerning your affiliations and business ventures! I didn't even begin to file complaints or inquiries into such matters.

Let me ask, dosen't someone in business have to file and pay for workers compensation? Unemployment benefits?? And so on?? You have gotten away with a lot; count your blessings and leave me alone and stop stalking me!!

I believe that Charles voted for and supported Mayor Wong but you would have to confirm that with him.

I have had conversations with Charles concerning comparing such pictures as a project. He is a very intelligent individual. He has a lot of great insight. We do not agree with everything as we both have our own ideas and opinions but I respect that difference of opinion as I feel that Charles does also.

What he accomplished is very positive for Fitchburg and should be championed as a positive for Fitchburg. Stop attempting to knock his achievments down with your cheap shots! Reread the article in todays Sentinel. I agree with Charles 100% on his assessment of Fitchburg and its people! Unfortunately there are some such as yourself who have always been nasty since you were a kid in school! You never changed! Go volunteer feeding the homeless in Fitchburg for a year!

I forgive you and wish you the best. I do hope that you change and begin to treat your fellow human beings with respect and dignity. You enherited a little bit of money, big deal. I'd rather be poor as I will be satisfied with assisting the homeless and less fortunate!!!!! Look into the mirror for ten straight minutes without blinking! Any person can change at any time, stop being nasty and begin to help others!
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#10 Jun 22, 2012
Stamos wrote:
Thats interesting. If he didn't list him as a campaign expense then there should be an investigation.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#11 Jun 22, 2012
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a politician period.
You again? Are you ready to pump it up again? Depending on your definition on a politician, you may be right!

I am a leader. I believe that the constitution should be followed! I believe that the city of Fitchburg belongs to the people of Fitchburg, every last one of them!

You discriminate, you label! Who do you support out here? Some say Mayor Wong is a lesbian. Do you support her? How does she feel about your anti-gay rhetoric?

You support police corruption. So who do you support for Mayor? My biggest wish isn't "to be elected" as much as it is for every citizen to stand up and vote so that we can repair what your definition of a politician is!!

You believe that people should be discriminbated for their sexual identity, for their ethnicity, for their level of education and to be discriminated if they have a past record. Your discrimination is ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

So, tell us what your definition of a politician is and who you support for Mayor of Fitchburg besides not me???
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#12 Jun 22, 2012
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
You again? Are you ready to pump it up again? Depending on your definition on a politician, you may be right!
I am a leader. I believe that the constitution should be followed! I believe that the city of Fitchburg belongs to the people of Fitchburg, every last one of them!
You discriminate, you label! Who do you support out here? Some say Mayor Wong is a lesbian. Do you support her? How does she feel about your anti-gay rhetoric?
You support police corruption. So who do you support for Mayor? My biggest wish isn't "to be elected" as much as it is for every citizen to stand up and vote so that we can repair what your definition of a politician is!!
You believe that people should be discriminbated for their sexual identity, for their ethnicity, for their level of education and to be discriminated if they have a past record. Your discrimination is ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
So, tell us what your definition of a politician is and who you support for Mayor of Fitchburg besides not me???
Okay let me get this straight, you are saying those 30,000 plus eligible voters who didn't vote because of personal reasons would have voted for you?

Are you okay?
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#13 Jun 22, 2012
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't get involved with politics. Obviously you did not listen to your parents or elders who always will always tell you to never get involved in politics.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#14 Jun 22, 2012
Stamos wrote:
Hey Stamos, here is a quote for you to ponder. This is similar to what I was attempting to explain concerning Fitchburg. Unlike the falsly depicted financial guru hero Mayor Wong, I would have not given the fire Chief that massive salary increase in the midst of a financial disaster within the city!
"After five years of declining property taxes, massive layoffs and questionable spending, leaders of the blue-collar, family-oriented city outside Las Vegas declared a state of emergency, invoking a rarely used state law crafted for unforeseen disasters.
No matter that the statute, which allows municipalities to suspend union contracts and avoid paying scheduled salary increases, doesn't actually include fiscal emergencies among the list of potential disasters.
" http://entertainment.verizon.com/news/read.ph...
Check it out! They are talking about Nevada who just built a marble floored city hall in the midst of a massive economic collaspe of the city budget.
This can be equated to the salary increase of our fire Chief! Do we have a well trained fire department? Yes. Does the fire department have issues that need to be addressed? Absolutely YES. Does the Chief deserve a salary increase? Possibly but in such a massive downturn in tax revenue within Fitchburg the answer is no salary increases for anyone! No one will starve at $75,000 a year!
One week there is an article explaining that the city of Fitchburg may not be able to sustain its pension obligations and the next the Mayor significantly raises salaries that will further burden the pension system! Fiscal responsible? NO. The Mayor stood their and blamed every past Mayor for being irresponsible but then does exactly the same as those previous mayors whom she labeled as fiscally irresponsible!!
I say, Yes hold civil service employees responsible for the oath in which they pledged to. If a union makes a foolishly obvious false stance against the city then challenge them! It is time to get back to reality! Hold public employees STRICTLY accountable for corruption and illegal activities!
Keep passing the buck until their is an immediate shutdown of the economy! Allow the continuence of the abuse of power by continueing to allow nepatism! Upon close review between the University, the police station and the fire department I think there are only a total of three familys and their friends employed and recieving a public salary!
Tonight, Penn State finally got cracked of such corruption after decades of allowing rapes of yound boys! There was no consequences paid until tonight! As one victim stated;'He told me that my father would be fired from his penn state employment if I had told anyone! This is what corruption and non disclosure creates as nearly 20 more years of the allowance of raping of boys took place!
Either you are against coruption no matter who the person responsible or you are part of it!!!!! If you post out here that police corruption is ok then you are guilty of the same corruption! Well, the "good ole boy network" in Pennsylvania just began to realize and to pay the Karma!!!! It took a couple of decades as these people enjoyed accolades after accolades, diner party after dinner party!!!!
If ther is a GOD then he will encourage the spirit of the FBI to investigate Fitchburg and to bring the wrath of karma upon the corruption that is so evident within Fitchburg!! Yes, look around you as your fellow employees know what you are all about! It isn't a secret who the "good ole boy network" is as people have known for years as you operate in the open for everyone to see!
Be proud for the time being as you abuse your powert position!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Jun 22, 2012
The Insider wrote:
Hey is a good idea, don't walk on the tracks behind Happy Car gas station and you won't be hit by a train. Should be on the 10pm or 11pm news tonight as it is going on right now.
Wow, you were right! Here is the quote. http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/breaking...
"Man hit by train in Fitchburg
Sentinel & Enterprisesenlandenterprise.com
Posted: 06/22/2012 10:46:18 PM EDT

FITCHBURG -- A man walking on the railroad tracks by Boulder Drive was hit by a train around 9:30 p.m. on Friday night, according to Deputy Fire Chief John Curran.

According to Sgt. Chuck Siomos, the victim was a black male of about 40 years of age. His arm appeared to have been severed by the impact, Siomos and Curran said. The man's identity has not released.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/breaking...

Let me guess; are you a reporter? Are you posting under different handles? Or is it a tag team effort?

I hope that this was not the homeless guy who is legally blind!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Jun 22, 2012
The Insider wrote:
You posted at 10:23pm and this story was posted on the sentinel website at 10:46pm!

Man hit by train in Fitchburg

FITCHBURG -- A man walking on the railroad tracks by Boulder Drive was hit by a train around 9:30 p.m. on Friday night, according to Deputy Fire Chief John Curran.

According to Sgt. Chuck Siomos, the victim was a black male of about 40 years of age. His arm appeared to have been severed by the impact, Siomos and Curran said. The man's identity has not released.

The Insider

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Jun 23, 2012
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted at 10:23pm and this story was posted on the sentinel website at 10:46pm!
Man hit by train in Fitchburg
And it was on the scanner and posted online at radioreference.com at 9:36 pm !

Even the Mayor has a scanner. All reporters have scanners. Do you think that public safety calls the media to report incidents? NO! The media gets their stories from the residents!

Hmmmmmm? Do you know how the media gets here in such a short time to cover a news breaking story? Because they have part-time freelance reporters with video cameras living in Fitchburg, Leominster and Worcestor using scanners!

Remember names can be used over the scanner as long as precise medical conditions are not sent out. Medical conditions can be conveyed over the scanner as long as a name is not used. But obviously when they are sent to an address and everyone uses the city's website Assesors property look up to see who lives there.

The city also publishes a book of all the addresses and who lives at those places which can be purchased for $25 at city hall. Believe it or not it is public information. You cannot have your name or address deducted from the book.

http://174.129.23.77/default.a sp

Now it is starting to make sense. You don't have a scanner. I know what you will be doing today. You will be heading to Radio Shack to buy one of those "good ole boy network" scanners!
The Insider

Fitchburg, MA

#19 Jun 23, 2012
Sorry here is the link for the Assessor's property lookup.

http://www.ci.fitchburg.ma.us/

Better make note of when the train accident was posted on radioreference.com too:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Premium Lightroom Presets Sep 17 samita023 1
Benjamin J. Marrison commentary: Infant-mortali... Sep 14 They cannot kill ... 2
Exhibit to benefit kids in need of orthotics (Sep '10) Sep 5 bryanflake1984 3
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide Aug 29 7987jkghj 1
Fidel is Fidel: Exhibition by artist Roberto Ch... Aug 26 WE JUST DONT CARE 14
Things To Do 8/14-8/20 Aug '14 Golly Gee 1
25 Reasons Why 303 Magazine Loves Colorado Aug '14 Petal Power 1
•••

Photography People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••