Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal...

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 879 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

spud

Chalfont, PA

#149 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I havent't heard anyone on either side supporting mass deportation in the immigration reform. Even McCain admits that will never happen, and the Dems certainly won't vote for any bill which calls for mass deportation.
Simply not realistic.
McCain, the worst Republican presidential candidate of my 62 year life, doesn't reflect what the American people feel. Romney, who proposed enforcing current law and turning off the job and welfare magnets, was right. There would be no need to round anyone up. It's like the man said, they would self deport.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#150 Feb 22, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. My lowest level part time employees get paid $15 an hour..In an area where that field gets minimum wage. My oil changers make around 50-60k a year. My store managers make $100 k a year...All of those wages are double almost triple of others in field...
Yes I have no fulltime employee making less then 35K. That is 35K a year for being a cashier at gas station.
All other gas stations in my area the Manager doesnt make 30K....So yea I pay real real good,.
I admire you for being fair with your employees and not greedy. It is difficult in this recession to compete with those who are willing to exploit their employees and violate the laws in order to gain a competitive advantage. I have several friends and relatives that own landscaping businesses and they are under very severe pressure from companies that hire illegals. They have all had to cut back their workforces (100% legal) and they are still just surviving. It is not that they are competing with a few illegals mowing lawns under the table but there are some very big well financed landscaping companies that hire illegals.
There are those on this board who would rather have illegal aliens working for slave wages in unsafe and unsanitary conditions than to have immigrants and Americans working for fair wages and in safe, sanitary condition just so they can save one or two hundred dollars a year. If you disagree with the exploitation of workers they then call you racist while making themselves feel good about contributing to the exploitation of workers by claiming it is in the name of diversity and compassion for those they are exploiting.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#152 Feb 22, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>McCain, the worst Republican presidential candidate of my 62 year life, doesn't reflect what the American people feel. Romney, who proposed enforcing current law and turning off the job and welfare magnets, was right. There would be no need to round anyone up. It's like the man said, they would self deport.
How'd that work out for Romney......

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#153 Feb 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>With someone from the tea party, under each arm.....
Obama Caught In Bald-Faced Lie On Sequester
By Daniel Noe

Greta Van Susteren played a montage of political statements on the sequester. From the video, it is clear that the sequester cuts were a product of the White House.

It is also clear that Obama continues to get away with a bald-faced lie that the idea …[Read More...]

www.westernjournalism.com

au contraire

Location hidden

#154 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known people in the shelters who wound up there because they refused to work for less than triple minimum wage, and also refused to work in any other field. If US citizens would stop being such lazy morons, we wouldn't need these immigrants to do the work they refuse to do. Someone has to clean toilets, someone has to stock the stores, even if they do have a college degree, someone has to do these jobs.
Exactly

au contraire

Location hidden

#155 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd that work out for Romney......
Romney was a better choice that proven failure from Obama, but not to conservatives. They sat at home and said you establishment types picked him now live with it. Now we all have to.

Tawas City, Michigan

#156 Feb 22, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Romney was a better choice that proven failure from Obama, but not to conservatives. They sat at home and said you establishment types picked him now live with it. Now we all have to.
So Romney wasn't the choice of "conservatives", nor liberals, nor progressives, nor independents. Just who DID vote for Romney?

I have faith the GOPasars will nominate yet another loser in 2016 to go up against Hillary.
666 on top of it

Bethany, CT

#157 Feb 22, 2013
put a bounty on the illegals, $50.00 for everyone you get back across the border. With the message come back and it`s automatic 5 years and 1 day in prison, NO early release. Catch them with a weapon send them straight to 10 years in prison.

Tawas City, Michigan

#158 Feb 22, 2013
666 on top of it wrote:
put a bounty on the illegals,$50.00 for everyone you get back across the border. With the message come back and it`s automatic 5 years and 1 day in prison, NO early release. Catch them with a weapon send them straight to 10 years in prison.
Because we're not Nazi Germany?

au contraire

Location hidden

#159 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So Romney wasn't the choice of "conservatives", nor liberals, nor progressives, nor independents. Just who DID vote for Romney?
I have faith the GOPasars will nominate yet another loser in 2016 to go up against Hillary.
liberals in the primaries and money from the establishment.

au contraire

Location hidden

#160 Feb 22, 2013
What is a good example of a liberal policy producing a false positive?

In San Francisco, the self-appointed mecca of liberalism, the black population today is less than half of what it was back in 1970, even though the city’s total population has grown. Why? Severe restrictions on building of housing in San Francisco have driven rents and home prices so high that blacks and other people with low or moderate incomes have been driven out of the city. The same thing has happened in a number of other California communities dominated by liberals. This is a very real example of how a liberal policy can eradicate an otherwise thriving economy.

How about an example of a false positive on a macro scale?

Minimum wage increase sure sounds good on the surface. Barack Obama recently called on Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour from $7.25, and to automatically adjust it with inflation, a move aimed at increasing the earnings of millions of cooks, janitors, aides to the elderly, and other low-wage workers. Many would welcome an increase, seen as a way of helping the less privileged gain a bigger piece of the American pie and improve the lives of their family. But with an obvious benefit comes a huge price tag with detrimental ramifications to the aggregate.

The reality of a minimum wage increase proposed by Barack Obama would eliminate at least 467,000 jobs at a time when the country already has a 7.9% unemployment rate. In the past, raising the minimum wage has not helped reduce unemployment. From 1997 to 2007 in fact, there was no increase in the minimum wage; and overall unemployment stayed below 5% while youth unemployment (ages 16-24) remained around 10%.
666 on top of it

Bethany, CT

#161 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we're not Nazi Germany?
Your right, Hitler would have rounded them up and put them in the ovens.

My way is more humane and would provide employment for Americans.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#162 Feb 22, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Romney was a better choice that proven failure from Obama,
Your comment is ironic because many conservatives thought "anybody but ROmney" and then ROmney became their shining star who had all that mmmmmmomentum to continue the mantra of McConnell and others for "a one term president".

Seems the failure was in finding "anybody but ROmney", thrusting ROmnay as their "shining star", believing in the "momentum" propaganda and the "one term president" became a two term president

Those all seem like pretty big gopher failures to me!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#163 Feb 22, 2013
666 on top of it wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, Hitler would have rounded them up and put them in the ovens.
My way is more humane and would provide employment for Americans.
There is employment available for any who seek it, the very jobs that the immigrants are filling. Want a truly humane and ethical solution? Get a job as a janitor or farm-hand.
Cat74

United States

#164 Feb 22, 2013
Isn't it interesting how Obama got reelected when the majority of real Americans didn't want his as their President, because he only caters to the brown, and black people.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165 Feb 22, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Isn't it interesting how Obama got reelected when the majority of real Americans didn't want his as their President, because he only caters to the brown, and black people.
Since that's not what happened, no, it's not interesting.

What is interesting is how you racist morons can still be so stupid in this modern age.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#166 Feb 22, 2013
au contraire wrote:
What is a good example of a liberal policy producing a false positive?
In San Francisco, the self-appointed mecca of liberalism, the black population today is less than half of what it was back in 1970, even though the city’s total population has grown. Why? Severe restrictions on building of housing in San Francisco have driven rents and home prices so high that blacks and other people with low or moderate incomes have been driven out of the city. The same thing has happened in a number of other California communities dominated by liberals. This is a very real example of how a liberal policy can eradicate an otherwise thriving economy.
How about an example of a false positive on a macro scale?
Minimum wage increase sure sounds good on the surface. Barack Obama recently called on Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour from $7.25, and to automatically adjust it with inflation, a move aimed at increasing the earnings of millions of cooks, janitors, aides to the elderly, and other low-wage workers. Many would welcome an increase, seen as a way of helping the less privileged gain a bigger piece of the American pie and improve the lives of their family. But with an obvious benefit comes a huge price tag with detrimental ramifications to the aggregate.
The reality of a minimum wage increase proposed by Barack Obama would eliminate at least 467,000 jobs at a time when the country already has a 7.9% unemployment rate. In the past, raising the minimum wage has not helped reduce unemployment. From 1997 to 2007 in fact, there was no increase in the minimum wage; and overall unemployment stayed below 5% while youth unemployment (ages 16-24) remained around 10%.
If you want another example look at school funding. In an effort to provide an equal education for all the federal government became involved trying to “redistribute the wealth” between schools in “poor” areas and those in “wealthy” areas. Sounds like a good and noble idea. The result has been a huge increase in spending per pupil, a huge drop in the education levels of all students from all areas and a huge increase in the amount of money spent on administration and compliance to federal regulations. Schools now have entire departments dedicated to acquiring federal money and complying with federal regulations. We have beautiful school buildings with state of the art athletic facilities, social studies programs that teach the “white devil” theory, cafeterias that serve free food even when school is not in session, all paid for with taxpayer money and we have kids graduating that cannot compose a literate sentence and most likely will never leave public assistance either welfare or incarceration after we have spent well over $120,000.00 “educating” them.
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#167 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that's not what happened, no, it's not interesting.
What is interesting is how you racist morons can still be so stupid in this modern age.
Racist morons???
look folks we have another,,, Don't want to call her ignorant,I'll just say knows to much that isn't so !!!
Cat74

United States

#168 Feb 22, 2013
Really KK You should read more. Obama's supporters are so proud of his reelection they are coming out of the woodwork. One poll worker in Ohio admitted to voting for Obama 6 times. 6 times. When you have that kind of multi voting you can't lose. Of course you can't be proud of the win either. No other President that had so little to show for his first term would ever be reelected. His legacy is failure.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#169 Feb 22, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong then asshole.
What color are the majority of the prison population? BROWN.
What color are those who commit the majority of gun violence? BROWN.
What color are the majority of welfare recipients? BROWN.
What color are those hemorrhaging over the border? BROWN.
What color are those allowed to vote despite being illegal? BROWN.
What color are those who have destroyed all the cities they have moved into? BROWN.
What color is the person purposely destroying America? BROWN.
Shall I continue?
You are a f''king hopeless idiot. It isn't that your post isn't true. It's that racist pigs like you are responsible for those statistics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman in hospice care has Santa photo shoot tha... Jan 2 LuzAranda 2
News Does Sheila Jackson Lee Know The Person She's A... Dec 29 eugenics-n-gentri... 1
News 'This is what we lost': Alberta artist honours ... Nov '17 Super Chug 1
News Echoes of a Lost West End Nov '17 POPS 1
News On Valentine's Day, couple celebrates romance b... (Feb '14) Nov '17 ROFLcopter 17
News PHOTOS: 25 Photographs from The Denver Post Pho... Oct '17 surfeagle 1
News Some of earliest US landscape photos coming to ... Sep '17 Rosa 3
More from around the web