Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

Feb 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Truth Speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were Hispanic oh thank Heaven I am not, and thought I would be confused with a lowlife illegal alien, I would want the government to round up the roaches and deport them. Oh, wait, American-born Hispanics love illegal aliens and support their so-called rights, over those of their fellow Americans. Sounds like treason to me, but I'm not a lawyer, just an American sick of the Mexican scum in this country and the even lower scum that advocates for them.
No, you are not a lawyer. Not even close.

But, you sound like the German Nazis before WWII blaming everything on the Jews.

Same rhetoric. Same hatred. Same intolerance.
Same dehumanization.

Sieg Heil, buddy!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals are enemies?
You mean all those hard working people who harvest the
crops, get paid very little for it or are simply cheated
out of their wages by greedy farmers, and whose cheap labor
is responsible for the relatively low price of food we
have had in the US for so many years?
Go pick yer own strawberries, ya crumb!
So your ok with illegals being treated like slaves so you can get cheap food???

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>But we already have a great list of available labor....Welfare lists...EBT foodstamp rolls....Section 8 Housing lists...all highly available workers....
True, which is why I support no immigration until our welfare roles are empty and the 20+ million unemployed are working.

We could cut off unemployment insurance after 30 days and tie all welfare assistance to work requirements.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since on economy what do you think would help our economy be better and have a strong middleclass again with good living wages?
Our middle class was built on our manufacturing dominance allowing us to export to all the 3rd world countries who weren't making their own products. Now that they ARE making their own products with cheaper labor, they now export to US.

Our 1950's & 60's middle class is never coming back. More likely we're looking at a return to the norm of the pre-industrial revolution- a 10% upper class with the remaining 90% subsisting just above abject poverty. Of course they just called it "living" back then because most of them never new anything different. The majority of the population was rural and grew a portion of their own food and made most of their own clothes.

It's gonna suck for the 90%, but that's where we're headed and there's nothing we can do about it. It's global economics now.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Our middle class was built on our manufacturing dominance allowing us to export to all the 3rd world countries who weren't making their own products. Now that they ARE making their own products with cheaper labor, they now export to US.
Our 1950's & 60's middle class is never coming back. More likely we're looking at a return to the norm of the pre-industrial revolution- a 10% upper class with the remaining 90% subsisting just above abject poverty. Of course they just called it "living" back then because most of them never new anything different. The majority of the population was rural and grew a portion of their own food and made most of their own clothes.
It's gonna suck for the 90%, but that's where we're headed and there's nothing we can do about it. It's global economics now.
Gonna have alot of violence and even maybe a good revolution...Every time in history when the rich get to rich and the poor get too poor the poor rise up and take what they want. Hope that doesnt happen but sure it will. I have heard many many people say they should ride up to this mansion or that and take back this or that.. The poor are ready to strike. Gonna be ugly.

I mean I own 5 gas stations and in 3 have jiffy lubes.. I am not rich but well off. I will end up being attacked because of what the rich have done.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

I wish they'd all be deported but Obama has invited all of Mexico here to get American citizens rights. They mean votes for the Dems.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
My my, what a nasty, foul mouthed troll you are.
You want to gas desperate human beings, and I'm the nasty one? I was much too kind before. Hang by your thumbs.
John

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Do you think our politicans really care what the legal American taxpayer/voters think anymore? They are ignoring the voters, spending taxpayer dollars and they have no reason to care or change. Apathetic and Uninformed American share in the blame to why things are happening.

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You want to gas desperate human beings, and I'm the nasty one? I was much too kind before. Hang by your thumbs.
Drop dead, nasty troll.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not brown people. Illegals. There is almost more illegal workers here form Canada and they are whire then brown. This is not a race issue...
Prove it.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>America's biggest problem is a "Who" problem. Cretins like you are the cause. Evolution is the cure.
Prove me wrong then asshole.

What color are the majority of the prison population? BROWN.
What color are those who commit the majority of gun violence? BROWN.
What color are the majority of welfare recipients? BROWN.
What color are those hemorrhaging over the border? BROWN.
What color are those allowed to vote despite being illegal? BROWN.
What color are those who have destroyed all the cities they have moved into? BROWN.
What color is the person purposely destroying America? BROWN.

Shall I continue?

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna have alot of violence and even maybe a good revolution...Every time in history when the rich get to rich and the poor get too poor the poor rise up and take what they want. Hope that doesnt happen but sure it will. I have heard many many people say they should ride up to this mansion or that and take back this or that.. The poor are ready to strike. Gonna be ugly.
I mean I own 5 gas stations and in 3 have jiffy lubes.. I am not rich but well off. I will end up being attacked because of what the rich have done.
The I'd suggest you live like a poor person so as not to put a target on your back.

Just curious, do you pay all your employees the minimum $50k a year you claim everyone needs to make a decent living where you are, or do you pay them typical slave wages?

This is where we find out how much of a hypocrit you are.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Average wage for autoworkers is about $29 per hour, plus
pension, health care, life insurance, etc,.
Try again, dog meat.
Yeah, it is NOW, after the UAW forced the automakers into bankruptcy with their previous $75/hr wages and gold plated pension & healthcare plans.

Bankruptcy saved the automakers by allowing them to void the existing contracts and start paying reasonable wages. The only bad thing was it didn't affect current retirees.

My father-in-law worked for Ford during the "good times" and his wife still doesn't have to pay a penny for her healthcare- no premiums, no deductibles, no co-pays- AND she still gets his full pension check which was 75% of his annual paycheck, even though he's been dead for over a decade.

Now multiply that times the more than 1 MILLION active & retired auto workers at the time.

Gee, I wonder why they went bankrupt?!

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Fed Up Vet wrote:
OK. Letís put whatever immigration legislation congress comes up with to a nationwide referendum on the 2014 ballot before itís officially voted on. Let the voters decide, not the politicians.
Why? That's what we elect our representatives to do. Why pay them $174k per year (plus bennies) if we have to do their job?

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut welfare benefits and we'll have plenty of labor.
Not to mention cutting off unemployment welfare after 30 days as well. Hunger is an amazing motivator to go get a job.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

See the Light wrote:
I wish they'd all be deported but Obama has invited all of Mexico here to get American citizens rights. They mean votes for the Dems.
And the GOPasaurs will have no choice but to go along.

Isn't it great!

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong then asshole.
What color are the majority of the prison population? BROWN.
What color are those who commit the majority of gun violence? BROWN.
What color are the majority of welfare recipients? BROWN.
What color are those hemorrhaging over the border? BROWN.
What color are those allowed to vote despite being illegal? BROWN.
What color are those who have destroyed all the cities they have moved into? BROWN.
What color is the person purposely destroying America? BROWN.
Shall I continue?
You're a bigot, we get it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
True, which is why I support no immigration until our welfare roles are empty and the 20+ million unemployed are working.
We could cut off unemployment insurance after 30 days and tie all welfare assistance to work requirements.
..That's the ticket.....
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a bigot, we get it.
Call me racist all you want, but unless you can prove any of what I said is incorrect all you are is just another liberal without a clue.

It isn't racist if it's the truth.
America1

Chula Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 100% correct on closing our military bases and using the military to secure our borders, and on ending all work visas, but you're oh so wrong on using the military to round up illegals.
The Posse Commitatus Act specifically prohibits the use of US military forces for civilian law enforcement, and for good reason. Do you really want armed Marines doing house-to-house searches looking for illegals? That's WAY too reminiscent of the Gestapo searching for Jews.......
A system of report and collect a reward might be a good option. If a citizen or other legal person suspects someone of being here illegally, report them. If the report pans out collect a reward. They do it for CPS organizations, I know b/c I work there.

Also, your cited law does not apply to illegals as they are not citizens or civilians legally residing in the states.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Photography Discussions

Search the Photography Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Art Star Legend Bruce Lurie Gallery Hosts Moira... Jul 20 Guest 1
Putting Taiwan into focus (Nov '13) Jul 19 TW_sugar_daddio 21
Flairsen Photography Tricks Jul 15 darksudip 1
'Kitty Zombie' TV Pilot Filming in Joliet Monday Jul 11 BK2A 1
Couples come from far afield for first gay wedd... Jul 8 Rainbow Kid 19
An outpouring of love - and Tweets Jul 3 moslem Roundup 4
Punk Rock Saved My Life Festival: 9 local - and... Jun '14 Pigtail from The Grove 1
•••
•••