Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 880 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Mar 13

Lumberton, NC

#946 Mar 15, 2013
Other than Native Americans, everybody in this country is immigrant or descended from immigrants. The only exception would be the African Americans whose ancestors were forced to come here in the not too distant past. Those who decide the rules on immigration come from immigrant families. If we (as one nation together)are going to point fingers at certain groups of people and say "go back to your country", then we might as well tell everyone to go back; tell the Irish go back to Ireland, tell the Brits go back to Britain, tell blacks go back to Africa, tell germans go back to Germany, tell Chinese go back to China, tell Arabs go back to the Mid-East, need I go on? The only people in this country that one can not point a finger at and say "go back" are the indigenous Natives. And Mexicans are in that category of indigenous peoples; once again, in the not too distant past there were no "borders" between Mexico and the U.S. http://www.pbs.org/kpbs/theborder/history/ind...
Of course, times have changed, it is the 21st century now and everyone is controlled. But lets think for a minute, why is it that every time the topic of immigration is bought up, the focus is strictly maintained on Mexico? People come from all countries as "illegals" to America. Yet the focus remains only on Mexico. You don't turn on the news and here about illegal Irish immigrants, or illegal Asian immigrants, or anything like that. Why is Mexico being targeted? And don't give me that b.s. about drugs coming out of Mexico into America; drugs come into America from everywhere because America has the biggest demand for drugs. Most of the controversy concerning Mexicans in America comes from Americas deep rooted tradition of prejudice thinking. And why do Americans say Mexicans are "taking away jobs"? Once again, that comes from prejudice thinking that blinds people from recognizing their real enemies. Don't blame Mexicans, don't say Mexicans are taking our jobs because that is incorrect. Your own government is taking your jobs, not the Mexicans. There are only two things to blame for this problem: Government and the public's acquiescence.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#947 Mar 15, 2013
GOSSAMER- WELL BECAUSE HALF OF AMERICA WANTED TO BELIEVE THAT MEXICO REALLY WANTS TO BE PART OF AMERICA AND THE OTHER HALF WAS ILLEGALS AND MEXICANS WHO WILL RELOCATE THEIR SAME MESS HERE ALL OVER AGAIN! YAY FOR THE CHOSEN RAZA(RACE)

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#948 Mar 15, 2013
MAYELA-GREAT YOU FIGURED OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM ISNT!
UGH !DIOS MIO
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#949 Mar 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, you aren't doing any research.
There you go projecting again!
treggeg

Pittsburgh, PA

#950 Mar 16, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Ö
Get Over it and deport them illegals
Juan

Pearland, TX

#951 Mar 16, 2013
Update on Juan the electrician, I'll be gone for several days while moving:

I've always wanted my own business and finally will be starting it. Juan's Electrical and Home Improvements, how does that sound ? Paperwork, all I need is a truck with a magnetic sign on the side. I have two friends that will be traveling to Florida with me and I'll probably have to hire acouple more. I cant; help but think my own company will do very well.

I may be gone for several days, I'll be moving and traveling to Florida. I'll keep everyone posted when I get settled. If you know anyone in Florida who needs work done, just send me an e-mail.
I'll be working the Vero, Stuart, St. Lucie areas. There's lots of retires in those areas who will need quality work done. My slogan will be "Quality work at a fair price".

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#953 Mar 17, 2013
Juan wrote:
I've always wanted my own business and finally will be starting it. Juan's Electrical and Home Improvements, how does that sound ? Paperwork, all I need is a truck with a magnetic sign on the side. I have two friends that will be traveling to Florida with me and I'll probably have to hire acouple more. I cant; help but think my own company will do very well.
I may be gone for several days, I'll be moving and traveling to Florida. I'll keep everyone posted when I get settled. If you know anyone in Florida who needs work done, just send me an e-mail.
I'll be working the Vero, Stuart, St. Lucie areas. There's lots of retires in those areas who will need quality work done. My slogan will be "Quality work at a fair price".
...quit with the lies already.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#954 Mar 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

Not a very believable "fact" there.
A very believable "fact" HERE!

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/13/chri...

Agree?

#955 Mar 17, 2013
Mayela wrote:
But what about the millions of Mexicans, South Americans, Chinese, Canadians, etc. seeking entry who are not criminal and not bearing infectious diseases? By what moral principle can they be excluded? Not on the grounds of majority vote, not on the grounds of protecting any Americanís rights, not on the grounds of any legitimate authority of the state.Building the Berlin wall to keep people in was horrendously immoral. But so is building a wall around a nation to keep people out. The right to freedom of travel is violated by any kind of governmental wall. http://www.forbes.com/sites/harrybinswanger/2...
Quality of Life in the US

United States of America

Population Change (1980-2008)

Each county on this map is colored based on the increase in population
between the years of 1980 and 2008.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/maps... \&lid=9&rid=1774&t id=483228\

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

United States Population Counter

http://www.superteachertools.com/classroom-to...

#956 Mar 17, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
Other than Native Americans, everybody in this country is immigrant or descended from immigrants.

The only exception would be the African Americans whose ancestors were forced to come here in the not too distant past.

Those who decide the rules on immigration come from immigrant families.

If we (as one nation together)are going to point fingers at certain groups of people and say "go back to your country", then we might as well tell everyone to go back; tell the Irish go back to Ireland, tell the Brits go back to Britain, tell blacks go back to Africa, tell germans go back to Germany, tell Chinese go back to China, tell Arabs go back to the Mid-East, need I go on?

The only people in this country that one can not point a finger at and say "go back" are the indigenous Natives.

And Mexicans are in that category of indigenous peoples; once again, in the not too distant past there were no "borders" between Mexico and the U.S. http://www.pbs.org/kpbs/theborder/history/ind...

Of course, times have changed, it is the 21st century now and everyone is controlled.

But lets think for a minute, why is it that every time the topic of immigration is bought up, the focus is strictly maintained on Mexico?

People come from all countries as "illegals" to America. Yet the focus remains only on Mexico.

You don't turn on the news and here about illegal Irish immigrants, or illegal Asian immigrants, or anything like that. Why is Mexico being targeted? And don't give me that b.s. about drugs coming out of Mexico into America; drugs come into America from everywhere because America has the biggest demand for drugs. Most of the controversy concerning Mexicans in America comes from Americas deep rooted tradition of prejudice thinking.

And why do Americans say Mexicans are "taking away jobs"? Once again, that comes from prejudice thinking that blinds people from recognizing their real enemies.

Don't blame Mexicans, don't say Mexicans are taking our jobs because that is incorrect.

Who did the Native Americans take the land from??

As for jobs!

American Workers Continue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration Raids

A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to
fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking
and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were
back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.
Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial
to the American workforce.

"Whenever there's an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal
immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly
not do," Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.

The USA Today report cites a study conducted by Steven Camarota at the
Center for Immigration Studies that found Americans holding the majority of
positions in fields that many claim are dominated by illegal aliens.

For more on this story, see USA Today.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/septem...

BUSTED: Illegal Alien Workers at Whiting-Turner Construction Project (PA)

&fe ature=related

Real Americans RUSH to get employment after a local resort gets rid of
ILLEGAL Aliens! Georgia

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

BUSTED: More "Jobs Americans Won't Do?" - Pulte Homes' Illegal Alien
Carpenters

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Legal Workers Line Up for Restaurant Jobs After Sheriff Joe Raids

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/resources/...

#957 Mar 17, 2013
"People come from all countries as "illegals" to America. Yet the focus remains only on Mexico."

I forgot to mention of the 11 Million illegal aliens in our country 6.6 "MILLION" are from MEXICO"!

Illegals by Race or Country

Mexico continued to be the leading source country of unauthorized immigration to the United States (see Table 3).

There were 6.6 million unauthorized immigrants from Mexico in 2010, representing 62 percent
of the unauthorized population.

The next leading source countries
for unauthorized immigrants in 2010 were El Salvador (620,000), Guatemala (520,000), Honduras (330,000), and the Philippines (280,000).

The ten leading countries of origin represented 86 percent of the unauthorized immigrant population in 2010.

The number of Mexican-born unauthorized
immigrants increased by 2.3 million between 2000 and 2007 and decreased by 340,000 between 2007
and 2010.

Changes in the unauthorized population were much smaller during either period for other leading
source countries.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics...
Truth Speaker

Danielson, CT

#958 Mar 17, 2013
Juan wrote:
"Quality work at a fair price."? How about, "If you need it fixed, hire the spixx."

Lumberton, NC

#959 Mar 17, 2013
"I forgot to mention of the 11 Million illegal aliens in our country 6.6 "MILLION" are from MEXICO"!"
Cricket23 that number is very close to half! Why doesn't anyone focus on the other half? If those numbers are correct then that means that 4.5 million other illegal aliens come from other countries and nobody has anything bad to say about it... I wonder why; anyone??

Lumberton, NC

#960 Mar 17, 2013
"Who did the Native Americans take the land from??"
Well Cricket23 I would say the Natives took it from no-one; who do you think the Natives took it from, and why?
drink The hive

New York, NY

#961 Mar 17, 2013
More Interestingly - The Very Same Malmstrom Base - Now Under The Authority Of The Air Force Space Command - Has Experienced A Similar Situation On November 1975 - The Result' Of This Visit(Illegal Aliens) Is Somehow Frightening!...

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5485/abduc...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#962 Mar 17, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
"I forgot to mention of the 11 Million illegal aliens in our country 6.6 "MILLION" are from MEXICO"!"
Cricket23 that number is very close to half! Why doesn't anyone focus on the other half? If those numbers are correct then that means that 4.5 million other illegal aliens come from other countries and nobody has anything bad to say about it... I wonder why; anyone??
Actually it's 60%, but another 20% are from south of Mexico. So we have at least 80% Hispanics who are illegal aliens. The other reason they are targeted is because they are the ones demanding amnesty, we need them(puke), etc. Time to round up the herd and send them packing with their anchors.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#963 Mar 17, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
"Who did the Native Americans take the land from??"
Well Cricket23 I would say the Natives took it from no-one; who do you think the Natives took it from, and why?
You don't know that. Look at Europe, and how those countries are today compared to how they were in the past.

Lumberton, NC

#964 Mar 17, 2013
So let me guess, Native Americans stole America from Europeans a long time ago right?[LOL] That is laughable. Why do I keep hearing people throw this theory up. Europeans had Europe, be proud to be from your homeland.

Lumberton, NC

#965 Mar 17, 2013
If Europeans were originally from America, then who was originally from Europe? Or did Europeans originally settle on both continents? Please elaborate, I am interested to hear you attempt to explain your fantasy theory.

Since: Aug 13

United States

#966 Mar 17, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:

The research shows the illegal mexicans are the ones commiting fraud, using fake and stolen SS cards and other IDs. I'm sure other ethnic groups may do it. But not like the millions from mexico who do this on a daily basis.The research is there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Happy Birthday, Walt Disney, Creator of Mickey ... May 14 Slips 1
News Rush Limbaugh advises bakery owners who disappr... May 14 Vote UKIP 3
News Young Halton board artists displaying their wor... Apr '15 Halton Region Museum 1
News Tornado photos provide a different look Apr '15 Poverty 1
News Palm Beach Cuban Photo Exhibit Much More Than C... Apr '15 Alexander Skarsgard 1
News Hedgecock Wins WV Images Competition Apr '15 True 2
News John Sommer juried art show begins today; award... (Apr '10) Apr '15 Art Odyssey returns 2
More from around the web