Young black men find new way to look at themselves and others in photography workshop

Jun 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Winter's chill still hangs in the air when eight young men grab their jackets in late March and troop through Downtown with their mentor, a neo-soul photographer who sports "cool" in his dark aviator glasses and colorful gray scarf wrapped just so around his neck.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2013

“I love being a Black Man”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 7, 2013
Good.
Post Heist

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jun 7, 2013
If you see a black man with a camera it most likely belongs to Mike Anthony.
Hill Sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 7, 2013
They're called mug shots.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#5 Jun 11, 2013
Mike Anthony wrote:
They should take pics of themselves behind bars cause that's where they will end up with the rest of their family and friends.
Not really. Turns out it's dumb tea baggers like you who are filling up our jails at a rate far surpassing those of any minority. Crime has plummeted among blacks and other minorities, but among whites in poverty it's climbing. Must really piss off you dumbasses. You're getting whipped by them in the streets when you run your mouths, crushed by them in politics and power, destroyed by a society fed up with your ignorance and now you can't even come on Topix anonymously and not look like the fools that you are. Must be disturbing. I'd suggest going to college and improving yourself, but I'm sure you've heard about the impossibility of shining a turd.

“I am an awesome person”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 11, 2013
As usual inferior whites commenting here trying to make themselves feel good. They have an ugly and unsatisfying experience.
lil c

United States

#10 Jul 4, 2013
what s up get at me
lil c

United States

#11 Jul 4, 2013
what s up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fidel is Fidel: Exhibition by artist Roberto Ch... Aug 26 WE JUST DONT CARE 14
Things To Do 8/14-8/20 Aug 14 Golly Gee 1
25 Reasons Why 303 Magazine Loves Colorado Aug 1 Petal Power 1
List of Photo Sharing Websites Aug 1 fotosonrisa 1
Cool River Gallery steps into nature (Jul '08) Jul '14 Steve 13
Art Star Legend Bruce Lurie Gallery Hosts Moira... Jul '14 Guest 1
Putting Taiwan into focus (Nov '13) Jul '14 TW_sugar_daddio 21
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••