Justices may decide if vendors can sn...

Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay weddings

There are 2815 comments on the Daily Press & Argus story from Mar 20, 2014, titled Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay weddings. In it, Daily Press & Argus reports that:

When Vanessa Willock wanted an Albuquerque photographer to shoot her same-sex commitment ceremony in 2006, she contacted Elane Photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Press & Argus.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2724 May 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And a gay person can't be straight, and a straight person can't be gay.
So it's no different than being right or left handed.
If that makes you feel better.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2725 May 4, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't just get to invent your own criteria for disorders,
Actually, I do.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2726 May 4, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times you assert your erroneous personal opinion as fact doesn't make it so. It's simply a lie and will remain so each time you repeat it.
No matter how many times you say that homosexuality isn't a disorder it will still be a lie.
You are always free to cling to your erroneous personal opinion though, especially if it makes you feel better.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2727 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times you say that homosexuality isn't a disorder it will still be a lie.
You are always free to cling to your erroneous personal opinion though, especially if it makes you feel better.
LOL.....you're just batshit crazy.....
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2728 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal opinion? It happens to be the opinion of every major medical, sociological, and psychological professional organization. But I'm sure you have 12+ years of post graduate work behind you so you must know better than all the experts, eh?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2729 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If that makes you feel better.
Evidently it makes YOU feel better to hold incorrect opinions despite years of research and mountains of evidence.

Gee..... I think that makes you delusional..........
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2730 May 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal opinion? It happens to be the opinion of every major medical, sociological, and psychological professional organization.
Show me, you'll be the first.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2731 May 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently it makes YOU feel better to hold incorrect opinions despite years of research and mountains of evidence.
Gee..... I think that makes you delusional..........
My opinion is expected to be "incorrect" among those with the disorder. That is natural.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2732 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me, you'll be the first.
Oh, I get it..... they are all infiltrated with gays so the science is biased. A convenient excuse to perpetuate your bigotry.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2733 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion is expected to be "incorrect" among those with the disorder. That is natural.
So you think everybody in the AMA, APA, ASA, etc. is gay???????

Your desperation is bordering on hilarity.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2734 May 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get it..... they are all infiltrated with gays so the science is biased. A convenient excuse to perpetuate your bigotry.
It's not science, it's what is perceived to be "politically correct."
Just the APA was infiltrated by gays, as far as I know and they are the only organizations that says homosexuality isn't a disorder..
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2735 May 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think everybody in the AMA, APA, ASA, etc. is gay???????
Your desperation is bordering on hilarity.
Show me a statement by the AMA that says homosexuality is normal.
Show me. Their official statement on the subject doesn't say it.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2736 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Nope. I have the medical community on my side. You have your alternate reality and prejudice.
Wondering wrote:
You can and do continue to resort to your pathological lying when facts aren't on your side.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2737 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
It's also incorrect among educated straight people that don't share your prejudice. So your straight allies are stupid bigots. Like you. Birds of a feather...

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#2738 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Actually, I do.
Not if you expect to be taken seriously.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2739 May 4, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have the medical community on my side.
Show me.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#2740 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Show me a statement by the AMA that says homosexuality is normal.
Show me. Their official statement on the subject doesn't say it.
The AMA doesn't make pronouncements about psychological issues, they focus on medical issues. They look for cures and treatments for medical maladies. If you think that the AMA sees homosexuality as a medical malady, then show us where they suggest a cure or a treatment of any kind.

But if the word "normal" means "mainstream" to you, then of course homosexuality is not normal. Neither is being left-handed, or being a musical genius, or being 7'6" tall. The AMA won't say that ANY of these things are normal, because the AMA doesn't consider any of them in need of medical attention.

Leave the definition of what is PSYCHOLOGICALLY normal to the people who study and understand these things. The following statement is from the APA's amicus brief in the recent Hawaiian case for same-sex marriage:

"Homosexuality Is a Normal Expression of Human Sexuality... Although homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder when the American Psychiatric Association published the first Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in 1952, only five years later a study sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health found no evidence to support the classification. On the basis of that study and others demonstrating that the original classification reflected social stigma rather than science, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973. In 1974, the APA adopted a policy reflecting the same conclusion. For decades, then, the consensus of mental health professionals and researchers has been that homosexuality and bisexuality are normal expressions of human sexuality; that they pose no inherent obstacle to leading a happy, healthy, and productive life; and that gay and lesbian people function well in the full array of social institutions and interpersonal relationships."

The matter is settled in all the places that it needs to be settled. There's no need to go running to more and more organizations in hopes that they'll say something different, especially when each organization will be less and less related to the subject at hand. What will you want next? Statements from the ADA? The FDA? SETI?

Your dissatisfaction would seem to come from that fact that you define the word "disorder" as "something I can diagnose myself, without meeting the people I'm diagnosing, and without any training, research or concurrence from any relevant scientific community."

But if you want to convince yourself that you are free to have your own definitions of words like "disorder" or "diagnosis", you can do that, but don't expect anyone to give your uninformed opinions any weight. You should expect to be (laughably) dismissed until you arrive with some evidence that supports what you're saying, as well as a concurrence from some related body of research and knowledge which agrees with your methods and your findings.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2741 May 4, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also incorrect among educated straight people that don't share your prejudice. So your straight allies are stupid bigots. Like you. Birds of a feather...
Didn't mean to upset you. Why do facts upset you?
My straight allies think a man being 'turned on' by another man is weird and abnormal.
When you start with that 'educated' BS you sound just like Philly Freak.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2742 May 4, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh thank goodness you responded. I didn't sleep all night worrying that you wouldn't respond with more of your sanctimonious bull shet. You seem to think your trash posts matter
Not really. But obviously you do. But keep trying to beat me. It will never happen as long as you continue to lie. And it gives me the opportunity to out you as just another powerless fraud.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2743 May 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do.
Actually, you don't... not if you want to be taken seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photo of "ghost" at scene of fatal motorcycle w... Jul 22 concern 1
News A push to help gay couples find wedding joy - w... Jul 20 lides 8
News Couture Paper Doll Photography - Ajax Lee Reima... Jul 19 TW_sugar_daddio 1
News Fiery "mushroom clouds": apparent Independence ... Jul 5 use vid in a movie 1
News French Art Colony doles out numerous art honors - Jul 3 Big Johnson 1
Bangkok: Call Waiting Jun 30 Clive Jones 1
News 100-year-old images from Toronto photographer r... May '16 GTA 1
More from around the web