Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay weddings

Mar 20, 2014 Read more: Daily Press & Argus 2,815

When Vanessa Willock wanted an Albuquerque photographer to shoot her same-sex commitment ceremony in 2006, she contacted Elane Photography.

Read more

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#2238 Apr 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you haven't figured out how our rights are determined in the first place, and who decides when rights clash.
So that is why you think you can trespass on my property, enter my home uninvited and kill my dog. You are a parasite sheepie.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2239 Apr 19, 2014
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting that Rev Alan and I agree that you harm the gay community. And it's not like he and I agree on much. Hell, he even suggests that you are I are similar!
Personally, I think it would be a good idea if reasonable and intelligent gays in this forum suggested that you are a detriment to the gay community and suggested that you knock off the bullsh!t and just put forth sane, un-bigoted posts.
You are just like Sheepie, both of you love yourselves and worship government. I do not suggest this, I come right out and state it. Is any part of that not clear?

You are completely correct about Sheepie harming the gay community. Sheepie knows this and he doesn't care, all he cares about are his hurt feelings. The gay people who are intelligent just ignore Sheepie because of his argumentative authoritarian insanity.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2240 Apr 19, 2014
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Are you suggesting that kids should be taught to not violate the rights of others who violate the court affirmed rights of others?
Fascinating.
Keep twisting my words in a vain attempt to make it appear that I am unreasonable and that I present unreasoned arguments because no one here is that stupid not to see what you are doing. Not even sheepie is that stupid. Oh sure he will congratulate you for twisting my words because he hates what I advocate, which is freedom and liberty because he loves government control and worships the KKKristians he voted for.

Children should be taught to respect the rights of others not violate them. When people violate the rights of others, unless they are the government, they forfeit their fights. If they are the government, because of all the sick stupid people who vote for them, they get re-elected.

Put that in your paranoid pipe and smoke it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2241 Apr 19, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You are, indeed, a foolish and supremely hysterical person.
You do know that some of the children have two daddies and/or two mommies, some children are being raised by their grandparents/aunts/uncles, etc. Some kids are adopted, have foster parents or biracial parents.
There is nothing wrong with any of it and it helps stop bullying among other things. It empowers the children to understand the real world and be more confident about their place in it. It's a GOOD thing.
It's a pity that you don't have the natural curiosity and adaptability of a kindergartener.
Yawn.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2242 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people want to raise their kids their way. They don't want some biased teachers in public elementary schools doing it for them. I note that you are an exception.
DebraE does advocate a one size fits all education, which means that some parents are not free to educate their children differently than how the Government wants them indoctrination in the Government "public schools". She doesn't seem to have a problem with the authoritarian ruling class telling us how to raise our children. Isn't that true DebraE?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2243 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a pity, it's a good thing. I'm wise to the brainwashing.
Do you think a "kindergartener" could spell kindergartner?
Interesting point. I was home schooled for the most part. My parents only delivered me to the Government Indoctrination Centers to take tests, pass them with flying colors and leave. English is my second language and I remember going to Miss Tate's 3rd grade class to take her tests to prove I did not need to be in that bulldykes class. I still hate that bitch to this day. Not because she was a lesbian but because she was a horrible person. She was a state-ist and I have always hated and not trusted authoritarians. She was angry that she could not brainwash me.

I told her she didn't own me and she freaked out. I feel sorry for all the other kids who had parents who were too stupid to protect their children from the government indoctrinators.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2244 Apr 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point. I was home schooled for the most part. My parents only delivered me to the Government Indoctrination Centers to take tests, pass them with flying colors and leave. English is my second language and I remember going to Miss Tate's 3rd grade class to take her tests to prove I did not need to be in that bulldykes class. I still hate that bitch to this day. Not because she was a lesbian but because she was a horrible person. She was a state-ist and I have always hated and not trusted authoritarians. She was angry that she could not brainwash me.
I told her she didn't own me and she freaked out. I feel sorry for all the other kids who had parents who were too stupid to protect their children from the government indoctrinators.
The first school I went to was a two story building in the city of Lowell, MA. It had two teachers in it, no other school employees. The first and second grade sat in the same room with one teacher, 80 - 100 kids, the third grade was upstairs with one teacher. Anyway, the 1st and 2nd grade teacher was a huge woman that would grab a kid by the shoulders and shake him/her violently if she felt the kid was misbehaving or even if they had trouble understanding what was being taught. The teacher would be fired for doing that today.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2245 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The first school I went to was a two story building in the city of Lowell, MA. It had two teachers in it, no other school employees. The first and second grade sat in the same room with one teacher, 80 - 100 kids, the third grade was upstairs with one teacher. Anyway, the 1st and 2nd grade teacher was a huge woman that would grab a kid by the shoulders and shake him/her violently if she felt the kid was misbehaving or even if they had trouble understanding what was being taught. The teacher would be fired for doing that today.
I have to question if a "teacher" can be fired for anything. We have cops killing children on our streets and in our homes and they get put behind a desk instead of being prosecuted for murder. Of course if they have sex with someone, then that is something that will be on the nightly news for weeks.
The teachers union is super strong and powerful. The amount of spending in our schools has skyrocketed and the test scores have barely budged. Moron's keep demanding more money and more money and there is no improvement in test scores. The government indoctrination centers are an unnatural environment for children.
It is NOT the job of government to "educate" our children, it is the job of parents to educate their children. I know the state-ist scumbag authoritarians will object to that because they fear that some parent might teach their kids something that the state-ist doesn't believe is right.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2246 Apr 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just like Sheepie, both of you love yourselves and worship government. I do not suggest this, I come right out and state it. Is any part of that not clear?
It's clear but completely wrong. You make stupid, baseless claims for no logical reason, much like Sheeple. Trying to turn that around on me is a waste since I know far better than about what makes me tick. I'll easily admit that I can be wrong on certain things. If that doesn't meet with your approval, much like Sheeple, I'll just have to find a way to go on without your or Sheeple's approval. And my "worshiping" government? I have no idea where you came up with that BS! Certainly from nothing I've actually written. More likely the the narcissism is yours, making such ridiculous claims and baseless assumptions.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely correct about Sheepie harming the gay community. Sheepie knows this and he doesn't care, all he cares about are his hurt feelings. The gay people who are intelligent just ignore Sheepie because of his argumentative authoritarian insanity.
I disagree. I think it would be in the gay community's best interest to jump all over his BS. That they don't makes no sense to me. Then again, it's my community being harmed.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2247 Apr 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep twisting my words in a vain attempt to make it appear that I am unreasonable and that I present unreasoned arguments because no one here is that stupid not to see what you are doing.
I wasn't aware that you were singularly anointed to speak for all people on here... which is unlikely since you run int so much deserved opposition.

I know what I'm doing. I'm shredding your BS. It's what I do.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text> Children should be taught to respect the rights of others not violate them.
And yet you clearly advocate yourself.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Put that in your paranoid pipe and smoke it.
Getting a bit testy because I'm not impressed with you or bluster? Deal with it.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2248 Apr 19, 2014
Correction: You clearly advocate violating the rights of others.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2249 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
And she should be. If the children had so much trouble understanding what she was teaching, she wasn't a good teacher. And physically assaulting a child (to make up for her inadequacy and incompetence as a teacher) is frowned upon.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2250 Apr 19, 2014
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> And she should be. If the children had so much trouble understanding what she was teaching, she wasn't a good teacher. And physically assaulting a child (to make up for her inadequacy and incompetence as a teacher) is frowned upon.
I didn't say she was incompetent or that kids generally had problems understanding the lesson.
Every classroom had a few kids that weren't as quick to catch on. Her way of addressing that was wrong.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#2251 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
I read this stuff and it makes me sit back and say, what a bunch of crap.
No one in any public school is teaching kids that gays are poison.
I didn't say that they are. They are teaching this in many HOMES. The public schools are trying to COMBAT that horrible teaching.
Wondering wrote:
Of course the two compare. What causes a kid to hate himself or even contemplate suicide?
The reason is secondary to the effects on a kid.
Not when gay kids are killing themselves at four times the rate of others. When statistics like that arise, we have a responsibility to take a closer look, and question whether there might be a special problem in this one area.

ALL forms of bullying should be combated. But when you single out attempts to end anti-gay bullying, you prove that you are not interested in combating ALL forms of bullying. There appears to be one form that want to let slide.
Wondering wrote:
When you see a TV evangelist saying whatever on his TV show you can turn it off or change the station.
Of course I can do that, because I'm an adult who is not beholden to what his parents want him to watch, or hear, or learn.
Wondering wrote:
A kid sitting in a 1st grade classroom doesn't have that option.
Please explain why he would NEED to. A 1st grade classroom is not going to be teaching him negative attitudes toward his fellow citizens.

Are you suggesting that the message "gays are people too, treat them kindly" is something that should be turned off like a TV channel? Is tolerance of diversity such a terrible thing to teach that people should be able to opt their children OUT of it, just like learning the horrible lies of evolution?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#2252 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
What causes a kid to hate himself or even contemplate suicide?
The reason is secondary to the effects on a kid.
This does not mean that we IGNORE the reasons. Kids who are being picked on at school for having glasses or braces do not have to worry about going home and getting the same treatment from their parents as well. Fat kids and pimply kids don't have to consider that their parents might throw them out onto the street because of their differences.

Statistics tell us that as many as 40% of homeless youth identify as LGBT. That's a shameful number, that can be placed squarely at the feet of those who teach that being gay is some special "abomination" above all others. They heap this unnecessary guilt onto their own children.

And you want to jump in and STOP people who want to see this change?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2253 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You're a liar.
2. Should they start with born again Christians or the people and culture of Tuvalu?
How about the KKK? That would be interesting.
Yes, kids should be taught about ALL segments of our society- the good, bad, & the ugly.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2254 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people want to raise their kids their way. They don't want some biased teachers in public elementary schools doing it for them. I note that you are an exception.
And public schools are there to make up for the stupidity too many parents teach their kids.

Our goal is to make all kids good citizens, regardless of the bigotry their parents may teach them.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2255 Apr 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
So that is why you think you can trespass on my property, enter my home uninvited and kill my dog. You are a parasite sheepie.
Who are you to say I don't have that right?
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2256 Apr 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say she was incompetent .....
No, I did. I stand by my statement.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2257 Apr 19, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
ALL forms of bullying should be combated. But when you single out attempts to end anti-gay bullying, you prove that you are not interested in combating ALL forms of bullying. There appears to be one form that want to let slide.
No one advocates letting any form of bullying slide. Schools should have a strong anti-bullying program and enforce it. Bullying of any type needs to be addressed. Schools have student handbooks, the rules should be spelled out there and enforced.

Giving 1st grade kids story books about gays isn't the answer. All that will do is create friction where there was none before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palm Beach Cuban Photo Exhibit Much More Than C... Apr 14 Alexander Skarsgard 1
News Hedgecock Wins WV Images Competition Apr 11 True 2
News John Sommer juried art show begins today; award... (Apr '10) Apr 10 Art Odyssey returns 2
News On Valentine's Day, couple celebrates romance b... (Feb '14) Apr 5 You Know Who 15
News Angels in the Architecture (and Monument Scaffo... Apr 1 Gray 1
News Home of the Day: A-frame compound over Dana Point Mar '15 Wealthy Do not Pa... 1
News Daniel Aleman is accused of improper photograph... Mar '15 Don 1
More from around the web