Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay weddings

Mar 20, 2014 Full story: Daily Press & Argus 2,815

When Vanessa Willock wanted an Albuquerque photographer to shoot her same-sex commitment ceremony in 2006, she contacted Elane Photography.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2178 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if we could only find a judge that respects the constitution.
So they only "respect the constitution" if they rule they way you want them to?

Proving once again what a complete moron you are.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2179 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay activists are trying to change that. They attempt to educate 5 year old kids in public elementary schools even when parents are opposed to this 'education.'
They teach kids to be 'open minded.' That homosexuality is like a new kind of vegetable. You won't know if you like it unless you try it. 2:22 into this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZrZJpt-tGxIXX
More total b.s.

Unlike you anti-gay bigots, we know a child can't be taught to be gay; they either are or they're not. The only issue is whether those kids who ARE gay spend their lives tying to deny it because of what their bigoted parents or other bigoted adults tell them about homosexuality growing up.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2180 Apr 17, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
More total b.s.
Unlike you anti-gay bigots, we know a child can't be taught to be gay; they either are or they're not. The only issue is whether those kids who ARE gay spend their lives tying to deny it because of what their bigoted parents or other bigoted adults tell them about homosexuality growing up.
See, I show you the crap that goes on and you still deny it. It isn't about teaching anyone to be gay, it's telling them what to think about gays. What "their bigoted parents or other bigoted adults tell them about homosexuality" is out of anyone's control. The school can't and shouldn't be trying to fix it. They shouldn't be brainwashing these kids and if they actually have bigoted parents it would make it worse for gay kids and gay parents.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2181 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I show you the crap that goes on and you still deny it. It isn't about teaching anyone to be gay, it's telling them what to think about gays. What "their bigoted parents or other bigoted adults tell them about homosexuality" is out of anyone's control. The school can't and shouldn't be trying to fix it. They shouldn't be brainwashing these kids and if they actually have bigoted parents it would make it worse for gay kids and gay parents.
So what other bigotry should go unchallenged in our public schools? Should we stop teaching black history because white supremacists object? Should we stop teaching about Hindu culture (what little we do teach) because Christianity is too feeble to withstand the onslaught of alternative philosophies? Should we stop teaching foreign languages because so many people think the rest of the world should speak American English? Does your bigotry have no limits? Or are gays the sole cause of your cowardly hatred?
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2182 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Only bigoted parents should be brainwashing their kids?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#2183 Apr 17, 2014
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Not really. Even us heathens get married. We also get divorced, but that's another issue. The reason it is a government issue is because of property rights and division if or when the marriage goes south.
<quoted text> Ain't it a bitch. Hell, I am "forced" to accept religious nut jobs. Is it going to ruin the world balance of power if guys are legally with other mutually consenting guys? Problem is, the morons against same sex marriage did a really lousy job arguing their side. They tried to tie it with some quasi moral/religious bullsh!t somehow requiring all moral and/or religious people to accept their specific requirements. The result shows that to have been a losing argument, as it should be.
Thus, we lost. Deal with it.
Also, apparently "many Americans" simply don't consider it important enough to get their panties in an uproar. If you have a serious and possibly even sincere problem with same sex marriage, don't enter into one.
I did not say the things you are commenting on.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2184 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Schools have a responsibility to educate the children which parents CHOOSE to send there, and that includes educating them on the diverse members of our society.

If a gay kid has bigoted anti-gay parents like you, their life can't get much worse. At least the kids will know they're not alone and they're not the evil abominations their bigoted parents said they are.

Your way would have those kids so filled with self-hatred they end up committing suicide. I realize that's your ultimate goal to get rid of all gay kids, but not everyone is as cold hearted as you.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2185 Apr 17, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how our rights are determined in America.
You live in some fantasy anarchist country which has never existed and never will.
Our rights are not "determined" therefore you do not understand anything except that government is your God.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2186 Apr 17, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
See, now once again you wasted your time typing all that Ron Paul quasi-libertarian nonsense. You would simply have said "Ron Paul", and I've would have know all I needed to know about that post.
[Blah blah blah government apologetics snipped]
Just like when I see Sheepie or BS Detector I know all I need to know about what will be in the post, so why bother reading it!

There once was a time when true anarchy ruled, it was somewhere in central Asia, many centuries ago, the stories about that time remain to this day and we call it The Garden of Eden.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2187 Apr 17, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Our rights don't end. They can be restricted by the govt, but they don't end.
Our country has established specific ways to affirm or deny individual rights.
When competing rights clash, the judiciary resolves it.
Oh please, do you expect me to fall for your intentional argumentative antagonistic blah blah blah after you have just admitted you do not post honestly but only post to harass and irritate?

Keep telling yourself you have a right to enter my property and kill my dog. I am waiting for you.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2188 Apr 17, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"We the sheeples" knows everything. So he doesn't need any silly links. He aready knows what's on them.
That is what he would like us to believe isn't it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2189 Apr 17, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to swing my hands stops at the tip of your nose.
It isn't me who does not understand that, it is Comrade Sheepie. He insists he has a right to trespass onto your property, walk into your house, your bedroom, and kill your dog.

Comrade sheepie says his rights do NOT stop at the tip of your nose. And that instead of common sense and decency we must tie up the courts with his insanity that his rights are unlimited and do not stop at your nose.

You are exactly right and comrade sheepie needs to be told.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2190 Apr 17, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You can lick my sweaty nutsack for all I care.
Are you trying to turn him on? Careful now, you don't want to get him all excited.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2191 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Looks like Topix tripled up on its advertising.
You must not have ad-block. Are you using firefox? Then add ad-block, I do not see any advertisements.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2192 Apr 17, 2014
E-Mail Tracker Programs: By now everyone is familiar with snopes.Com and/or truthorfiction.Com for determining whether information received via email is just that: true/false or fact/fiction.

Advice from snopes.Com
1) Any time you see an email that says "forward this on to '10' of your friends", "sign this petition", or "you'll get bad luck" or "you'll see something funny on your screen after you send it" or whatever: it almost always has an email tracker program attached that tracks the cookies and emails of those folks you forward to. The host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of 'active' email addresses to use in SPAM emails or sell to other Spammers. Ignore them and don't participate!

2) Almost all emails that ask you to add your name and forward on to others are similar. All it is, is a way to get names and 'cookie' tracking information for telemarketers and Spammers -- to validate active email accounts for their own profitable purposes. You can do your friends a favor by sending this information to them and you will be rewarded by not getting thousands of spam emails in the future! Do yourself a favor and STOP adding your name to those types of listing regardless how inviting they might sound! It's all about getting email addresses and nothing more. You will be getting tons of junk mail later and very possibly a virus attached! Plus, we are helping the Spammers get rich! Let's not make it easy for them!

Email petitions are NOT acceptable to Congress. To be acceptable, petitions must have a "signed signature" and full address of the person signing the petition you are just helping the email trackers.

Tips for Handling Telemarketers:
(1)The three little words are:'Hold On, Please...' Saying this, while putting down your phone and walking off (instead of hanging-up immediately) would make each telemarketing call so much more time-consuming that boiler room sales would grind to a halt. Then when you eventually hear the phone company's 'beep-beep-beep' tone, you know it's time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently completed its task.
(2) Do you ever get those annoying phone calls with no one on the other end? This is a telemarketing technique where a machine makes phone calls and records the time of day when a person answers the phone. This technique is used to determine the best time of day for a live sales person to call back.

(3) Junk Mail Help: When you get 'ads' enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these 'ads' with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away. When you get those 'pre-approved' letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope. Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 44 cents postage,'IF' and when they receive them back. It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes. You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing! It still costs them 44 cents.

ALSO: Neither Fed Ex nor the FBI use email to contact people. Delete all messages from them.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2193 Apr 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our rights are not "determined" therefore you do not understand anything except that government is your God.
Who do you fantasize "determines" or otherwise establishes or codifies our "rights?"

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2194 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't want their 5 year old kids being told what to think about homosexuality.
That topic has no place in an elementary school.
Please explain why heterosexual marriage is age appropriate in elementary schools and SSM is not. Why is promoting heterosexual relationships any different than promoting any other relationship?

Since you insist that such things are not age appropriate in elementary schools perhaps they need to stop sending notes to and report cards to parents as well. After all adult relationships are too complicated for a 5 year old according to you.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2195 Apr 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That too is weird but easier to understand. It's much easier to see that gay women are influenced by their environment. They dance together, have sleep overs together, etc. I'm easier on gay women because I like women too. The Potias, not the Ellens.
You are so whacked out it's not funny.

You whine constantly about children being exposed to gay relationships then say , "well lesbians are easier to understand".

You can't seem to make up your own mind on this.

But let's get back on topic shall we?

When the law says that religion can't be used to influence a business decision doesn't that mean that using religion to justify refusal of service is a crime?(the answer is yes BTW)
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2196 Apr 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like when I see Sheepie or BS Detector I know all I need to know about what will be in the post, so why bother reading it!.
So by your proclaimed prejudice, one need not bother to read your voluminous posts because based on your writing them, one knows all one needs to know.

Are you happy that you agree with Sheeple in not approving of what I write? I certainly am! Naturally, I also take that to validate that I'm on the right track, and that you and Sheeple are really very similar.

Congratulations.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2197 Apr 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
E-Mail Tracker Programs: By now everyone is familiar with snopes.Com and/or truthorfiction.Com for determining whether information received via email is just that: true/false or fact/fiction.
In fairness (a bad habit of mine), while this post is off topic, it does contain some interesting information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weekend Planner: 24 Things To Do In Los Angeles Sep 26 A Winter 1
Production starts on Spirit Land documentary Sep 24 freeze 2 death in... 1
A Weird and Wonderful winner! Photographer beat... Sep 24 DILF 3
Celebrate New Jersey's 350th Anniversary At Sev... Sep 24 goldstone report 1
Premium Lightroom Presets Sep 17 samita023 1
Benjamin J. Marrison commentary: Infant-mortali... Sep 14 They cannot kill ... 2
Exhibit to benefit kids in need of orthotics (Sep '10) Sep 5 bryanflake1984 3

Photography People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE