"When the lights go out for good, my ...

"When the lights go out for good, my people will still be here. We...

There are 1 comment on the MetaFilter story from Oct 25, 2012, titled "When the lights go out for good, my people will still be here. We.... In it, MetaFilter reports that:

In the Shadow of Wounded Knee. Along the southwestern border of South Dakota is one of the most poverty-stricken places in the United States-the Pine Ridge Reservation, home of the Oglala Lakota people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MetaFilter.

adolphus bailey mounds ok

Kellyville, OK

#1 Oct 28, 2012
The statement is true and there are many people who care about the Lakotas, a lot of us are descendants of other tribes. Only Congress can change things, one way is stop the foreign aid. This tax money the American workers have paid in taxes and our government sends it to foreign countries so they will be friends with us and at the same time these citizens are shooting and bombing our young troops who are there to protect these people. SWITCH this foreign aid money home to places like Pine Ridge to help our people. At least they are not out shooting or bombing our troops. The Lakotas have been punished enough, Custer deserved it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photographer and firefighter joins passions to ... 3 hr Anne 3
Mountains Beyond the Clouds May 27 Alan Jones 1
News East Tennessee organizations welcome visitors f... May 27 the dreamer 1
News More May 22 Bill Shorten 1
News Halton District School Board elementary art sho... May 9 photos and video 1
News Halton Hills native's photo exhibit in Toronto ... May 8 GTA photos 1
News Art of Halton elementary students on display fo... May 7 Meanwhile Milton ... 1
More from around the web