Gallery exhibit depicts old Havana th...

Gallery exhibit depicts old Havana through modern eyes

There are 10 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 2, 2014, titled Gallery exhibit depicts old Havana through modern eyes. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Artist and photographer Cathryn Griffith collected old postcards from Havana , Cuba , and then went to the places shown in those postcards to photograph what they look like today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Micmacs

Franklin, NJ

#1 Mar 3, 2014
How sad...old Havana destroyed by the castro dictatorship, sad, sad indeed!

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#2 Mar 3, 2014
Micmacs wrote:
How sad...old Havana destroyed by the castro dictatorship, sad, sad indeed!
Old Habana is completly destroyed!
Indio

Miami, FL

#3 Mar 4, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Habana is completly destroyed!
Lol me allegro
WE JUST DONT CARE

Sioux Lookout, Canada

#4 Mar 5, 2014
Just for the above posters!

Who haven't been to Havana since they were kicked out, during the revolution.

Old Habana, is being restored to its former glory, by World Heritage Site, workers, now, as we talk about it.

These noisy posters, don't have access, to what is really going on in Cuba.

Their jaws just flap when anyone tells them ANYTHING.

Regardless of whether it is the truth, OR NOT!

They are simply uninformed as to the reality of Cuba's POLITICAL, or the ACTUAL CHANGES, that are taking place there.
Commie Buster

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#5 Mar 5, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
Just for the above posters!
Who haven't been to Havana since they were kicked out, during the revolution.
Old Habana, is being restored to its former glory, by World Heritage Site, workers, now, as we talk about it.
These noisy posters, don't have access, to what is really going on in Cuba.
Their jaws just flap when anyone tells them ANYTHING.
Regardless of whether it is the truth, OR NOT!
They are simply uninformed as to the reality of Cuba's POLITICAL, or the ACTUAL CHANGES, that are taking place there.
As usual you use half truths to expose your bullshit.Less than 5% of havana has been restored

"Old Habana, is being restored to its former glory,"
Even a Castro azs like such as yourself admits the the former glory of Habana...a city that has been destroyed by the Castro dictatorship
Chemehuevi

Franklin, NJ

#6 Mar 5, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
Old Habana, is being restored to its former glory, by World Heritage Site, workers, now, as .
THIS IS ONE OF YOUR QUOTES.

"FORMER GLORY".

WHY WAS IT LOST?

WHY IS IT FORMER?

WHY WAS IT LOST DURING CASTRO?

Simple, not only has HAVANA LOST IT FORMER GLORY....THE WHOLE ISLAND HAS!!!!!!

IT IS FROM A CANCER::::KNOWN AS CASTRO & SOCIALISM/COMMUNISM, MOHAMED!
Commie Buster

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Mar 5, 2014
Chemehuevi wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS ONE OF YOUR QUOTES.
"FORMER GLORY".
WHY WAS IT LOST?
WHY IS IT FORMER?
WHY WAS IT LOST DURING CASTRO?
Simple, not only has HAVANA LOST IT FORMER GLORY....THE WHOLE ISLAND HAS!!!!!!
IT IS FROM A CANCER::::KNOWN AS CASTRO & SOCIALISM/COMMUNISM, MOHAMED!
The muslim rat has been exposed!!
WE JUST DONT CARE

Sioux Lookout, Canada

#9 Mar 5, 2014
Commie Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you use half truths to expose your bullshit.Less than 5% of havana has been restored
"Old Habana, is being restored to its former glory,"
Even a Castro azs like such as yourself admits the the former glory of Habana...a city that has been destroyed by the Castro dictatorship
Habana has been destroyed by the inability to obtain proper building materials FROM THE USA,
Because of their 50-plus year embargo on Cuba - NOT BY ANYTHING THE CASTROS' have done, goof!

The old city has definitely been subject to massive reconstruction to near its former glory.

If you went there you could see for yourself, but unfortunately, due to your OWN COUNTRY'S Restrictions, since you live on the American Island of Puerto Rico, it's out of bounds to you.

TOO BAD Bud!

You lose, ONCE AGAIN!
Tomahawk

Franklin, NJ

#10 Mar 5, 2014
Commie Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslim rat has been exposed!!
Exactly

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#11 Mar 5, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Habana has been destroyed by the inability to obtain proper building materials FROM THE USA,
Because of their 50-plus year embargo on Cuba - NOT BY ANYTHING THE CASTROS' have done, goof!
The old city has definitely been subject to massive reconstruction to near its former glory.
If you went there you could see for yourself, but unfortunately, due to your OWN COUNTRY'S Restrictions, since you live on the American Island of Puerto Rico, it's out of bounds to you.
TOO BAD Bud!
You lose, ONCE AGAIN!
"Habana has been destroyed by the inability to obtain proper building materials FROM THE USA,"
Really? That has been your most stupid statement ever.Are you trying to say thst the USA was the only country selling construction materials?
Why didn't Castro bought those materials from Canada,Mexico ,South America or Europe??
Castro system has been and still is a failure and thats a fact;Castro is a prehistoric leftover of the Cold War,a man that has been destroying and repressing his country for 55 years now.
Nobody follow Castro any more ,with the exception of a few asznifers like yourself!
People are laughing at tour stupidities!
Please take your meds and get back to your cell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Postcard Swimwear: Design the swimsuit of your ... Sat Dutch 13
News Cuba Notes after a visit Jul 24 L I G E R 2
News Father, daughter graduate at York College (May '09) Jul 23 the other brother 8
News Western artist finds niche in all things horse Jul 16 jody 1
News Guests asked to put smartphones, tablets, camer... Jul 15 WhereWedding 1
News Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) Jul 3 Thomas 1,050
News 'Dog and pony show:' Jefferson Co. PVA faces do... Jun '15 Ace 1
More from around the web