Cool River Gallery steps into nature

Jul 3, 2008 Full story: Wheat Ridge Transcript 13

With over 20 years of photography experience, Bill Hitz has touched the lives of many people with his unique perspective of Colorado's wildlife and landscapes.

Full Story
barb vogel

Littleton, CO

#1 Jul 11, 2008
Hi Bill! I spoke to a young women about having a meeting this Sat at 1:30 to go over the Sudan photos. I was in the mountains and not sure I could make that date. I can NOT make it so I left a phone message to you, but wanted to follow up with an e.mail. I leave Sunday for 4 days will you please have your director call me Thurs of next week in the morning to set a new date. I really want to get things going so we are not too rushe for the next showing. Thanks ! Barb
Christina schlachter

Louisville, CO

#2 Dec 13, 2008
If anyone knows where Bill Hitz (Colorado photographer not Florida) is, please let us know. He owes us $5000 and $4000 in photography.
Boulder Insider

Boulder, CO

#3 Dec 15, 2008
Christina schlachter wrote:
If anyone knows where Bill Hitz (Colorado photographer not Florida) is, please let us know. He owes us $5000 and $4000 in photography.
This guy owes us money too !$10,000 and a half dozen framed photos from two years ago ! Not Cool.
Don Schoewe

Karlstad, MN

#4 Mar 7, 2009
Dear Bill, Don Fondow, now President of the Minnesota North of the Missouri Synod, sent me the article on you in the Antigo Paper. Great to see your work and you in the outdoors. Remember fishing on the Wolf with you one day and losing a big brown. Nick, our oldest son, was living at Steamboat Springs for several years so I was letting him and the other siblings know about you. Congratulations! Maybe you don't remember! Don Schoewe
Jason Miller NSWAustralia

Longmont, CO

#5 Mar 31, 2009
To All I Have known Bill for over 30 years.Your dealings with Bill it is not the way I know him and because of the down turn in the American Banks and many Americans out of work we are all suffering. Bill is a great photogapher and had a dream just like many Americans and things do change we are all suffering so please be thankful you still have a home. I do know that all the photos have ben delivered to the above name and the Gallery is closed and futher note to your complaint we will always stand by Bill and understand that a chapter 7 has ben entered in the courts somthings just can not be avoided. You want to complain tell it to your goverment who spent your money.
The world is changing people have lost Millions and Billions. Give it a rest and get on with you life Mate! Your investment into a Gallery that failed was no falt Bill's part it was just wrong timing. The world as we know it is not like it was you would of lost your money in the stocks anyway. We lost 190,000 in the stocks but you know what dust your self off and belive that you can make it happen for you, The Secert is look to the future not the past.......... Jason
Jason Miller NSWAustralia

Longmont, CO

#6 Mar 31, 2009
Christina schlachter wrote:
To All I Have known Bill for over 30 years.Your dealings with Bill it is not the way I know him and because of the down turn in the American Banks and many Americans out of work we are all suffering. Bill is a great photogapher and had a dream just like many Americans and things do change we are all suffering so please be thankful you still have a home. I do know that all the photos have ben delivered to the above name and the Gallery is closed and futher note to your complaint we will always stand by Bill and understand that a chapter 7 has ben entered in the courts somthings just can not be avoided. You want to complain tell it to your goverment who spent your money.
The world is changing people have lost Millions and Billions. Give it a rest and get on with you life Mate! Your investment into a Gallery that failed was no falt Bill's part it was just wrong timing. The world as we know it is not like it was you would of lost your money in the stocks anyway. We lost 190,000 in the stocks but you know what dust your self off and belive that you can make it happen for you, The Secert is look to the future not the past.......... Jason
mara boydstun

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 6, 2010
My daughter modeled for Bill and has been in two of his calenders. He told her she was model of the year and would get 1500 dollars,plus 500.00 to westmister mall, poster signings, which were being sold online, along with the calenders, sponsers that he said were paying.She even went down to denver did a photo shoot with him, saw his gaollery where she was to be at the opening getting paid. She to this day, has not been paid a dime. I relize life can turn on a dime, but if your opening a new gallery, i think he could have at least paid her. So NO I will not be angry with the gov. Just Bill who lied constantly to me,instead of just being honest. My daughter should have gotten paid, before he had to do chapter 7 becuase he got way in over his head. We are talking about an 18 yr old at the time. It just makes me sick to think about. If anyone finds him or needs people who will tell the same story of getting ripped off, by someone who KNEW exactly what they were doing, and to Jason, he didn't just lie about the gallery, he lied, and cheated my daughter out of money that she earned and was entitled too. 18 yrs old at the time she started with him. So if anyone finds Bill and you need me to tell my story to whoever, I will check this often.
Fred

Okmulgee, OK

#8 Nov 14, 2010
Bill Hitz Colorado can be found on Facebook, I met him once last year on Mt. Evans, Nice Guy !!
Gina

Commerce City, CO

#9 Jan 21, 2011
Bill Hitz is a complete SCAMMMM. Did a photoshoot with him, he promised to give me copies of the photos then he fell off the face of the earth. True professional (rolling my eyes) Total and absolute creeep!
Dee

Lafayette, CO

#10 Jun 25, 2011
I ran into him today up on Mt. Evans. He has published a book of wildlife which is sold in the Mt. Evans giftshop. I'm sure they know how to get in touch with him. He did tell me that the book would be in the Barnes & Noble in mid July. Book was published in Canada.
Not to make excuses for him, but if he filled for bankruptcy protection, I doubt if you can attach a claim to any of his income.
Mark

Austin, TX

#11 Dec 1, 2011
We purchased a photo from him earlier this year and never received it. Luckily we paid with cc and were able to get a credit. I spoke with him several times about it and always had an excuse. He is a great photographer and has created some of the best wildlife shots I have ever seen. Unfortunately he is a lier and poor business person. I will not do business with him again and would not recommend anyone to do business with him.
Joey

United States

#12 Jul 5, 2013
Bill did a photo shoot on our property a couple months ago with pretty young model and promises to give us copies of the photos. He seemed like a standup guy that will fulfill his promise. I will be able to inform you all of his success on getting us these photos soon. I would hate to find out that the great person I met and wildlife photographer would stand someone up.
Steve

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 28, 2014
Joey wrote:
Bill did a photo shoot on our property a couple months ago with pretty young model and promises to give us copies of the photos. He seemed like a standup guy that will fulfill his promise. I will be able to inform you all of his success on getting us these photos soon. I would hate to find out that the great person I met and wildlife photographer would stand someone up.
what did you find out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On Valentine's Day, couple celebrates romance b... (Feb '14) 19 hr Michael 8
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) Thu Willothewisp 755
The Skin Cancer Selfie Thu Big Bad John 2
Fine Art America's Best Photo Artist Thu Big Bad John 5
Worth a Look Oct 24 WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Chicago's Downtown Oct 24 DonfromCanadainth... 21
Community Digest: Halloween party, birthday bas... Oct 23 Always Good 2

Photography People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE