How could a hunter shoot a red-tailed hawk?

Full story: Press of Atlantic City

To the "sportsman" who shot the adult red-tailed hawk at Swan Bay Wildlife Management Area on Dec.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2014
Minougris

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#1 Jan 2, 2009
Thank God for people like you giving aid to poor defenseless creatures. I hope you catch this person who hurt the hawk and bring him to justice.

I have to say, I have never seen a state riddled with so many notices of abused and tortured animals. Makes me sick.
hunter 21

Scottsville, KY

#2 May 10, 2009
to minougris,shooting a hawk aint cruel. if it attacks my dog i'm gonna shoot it.
Javier

Badalona, Spain

#3 Aug 23, 2010
Simply because it's a baluable piece por a hunter...don't call them "sportman" kill couln't be never a sport
http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/member.php...
Joe

Edison, NJ

#4 Sep 5, 2010
Red Tailed Hawks are part of NJ. Many scenic NJ photos at -

www.NewJerseyScenic.com
Hawk Hunter

Severna Park, MD

#5 Dec 31, 2010
You PETA jacks need to grow up. Hawks are dangerous and they are PREDATORS. They will kill your cats, dogs, chickens, rabbits, and anything they can get ahold of. This guy did me and all others who are pet owners a huge favor. It is not illegal to kill most Hawks. They are not endangered for the most part and they are certainly not useful for anything but killin, and scavenging. Way to go Hunter.
jess

Wilmington, DE

#6 Apr 6, 2012
Actually hawks are federally protected, its illegal to kill them. They are an integral and vital part of a natural foodchain that elliminates rodents and disease spreading vermin. Hawks are not dangerous and if you took proper care of your dog you wont have to worry about them being hawk prey. For a hunter you are an idiot and don't get the natural checks and balances of the prey/predator relationship. Without birds like hawks the state would have to spend tons more money to elliminate vermin populations that hawks keep in check and dump tons more chemicals into an already damaged ecosystem.
Hawk Hunter wrote:
You PETA jacks need to grow up. Hawks are dangerous and they are PREDATORS. They will kill your cats, dogs, chickens, rabbits, and anything they can get ahold of. This guy did me and all others who are pet owners a huge favor. It is not illegal to kill most Hawks. They are not endangered for the most part and they are certainly not useful for anything but killin, and scavenging. Way to go Hunter.
Farmer John

Ocala, FL

#8 Jul 19, 2012
When they kill your live stock then it's time to defend your lively hood.

Since: Jan 12

Western Hemisphere

#9 Jul 19, 2012
People get so hung up on these things. Hunting has always been in our American culture. There are serious issues to address rather than undermining American freedoms.
Mary Jones

Miami, FL

#10 Aug 16, 2012
Hunting is different than shooting something just to kill it for target practice.
Ryan

Wheatland, IA

#11 Nov 28, 2012
Hawks are not good for anything but killing the pheasant population and rabbit too. I deff think they all should be able to get shot if there was a season id hunt them all day.
Jan

Flippin, AR

#12 Dec 13, 2012
It is difficult to watch a hawk swoop in and kill the beautiful songbirds at our feeders. They don't even eat them, just kill them.
DBooneKiltAbarhe re

Corbin, KY

#13 Feb 10, 2014
All Raptor birds are federally protected and a person could pay a lot money for violating the law, in fact you could get more time in prison for killing an endangered animal than a human being for manslaughter. Crazy world we live in. But here in KY it's illegal as in all of the USA to kill federally protected animals, and believe it or not, not all Kentuckians are stupid, snuff dipping, Mt Dew drinking, cigarette smoking, barefoot poachers. Just some of us are. Not me.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#14 Feb 11, 2014
I hate PETA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Photography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide Aug 29 7987jkghj 1
Fidel is Fidel: Exhibition by artist Roberto Ch... Aug 26 WE JUST DONT CARE 14
Things To Do 8/14-8/20 Aug 14 Golly Gee 1
25 Reasons Why 303 Magazine Loves Colorado Aug '14 Petal Power 1
List of Photo Sharing Websites Aug '14 fotosonrisa 1
Cool River Gallery steps into nature (Jul '08) Jul '14 Steve 13
Art Star Legend Bruce Lurie Gallery Hosts Moira... Jul '14 Guest 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••