Kimball Art Center's 2011 Relevant Artists revealed - The Park Record

Full story: Park Record

The Kimball Art Center's 2011 Relevant Artists are as follows: Background: "I have always loved art as a child and took it throughout college.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2012
Dickson N Sikaundi

Tanzania, United Republic of

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

I would like to study Graphical design at your school tell what it takes and i will be in Kalazoo next month time let me know all requirements fees
E-mail:dsikaundi@gmail.com
Angels and Demons

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

The occupy movement, Union Right to work, all power struggles between business and workers.

BOTH have created conflict in the workforce in this country where publicly traded companies should embrace their employees but instead CEO’s use these companies to hoard money.

For Instance, CEO Jim Thyen of Kimball International lives in a little small town of Jasper Indiana where the cost of living is as low as anywhere in the country. Thyen’s salary is over $800,000 per year…BUT…with bonuses it is over $1,800,000 every year…..BUT he also gets stock options…..

That sounds fairly high and some CEO’s certainly make more but here is the kicker. If a CEO makes $2million he passes the profits (eventually) down to his family; kids and grand kids. Jim Thyen has actually HIRED his family members and pay them a high salary as well so the FAMILY is funneling MILLIONS through the company.

ANYONE should be able to excel in what they do and make a FAIR salary for what they do. This is not what CEO’s do. They go to sleep at the while, head to the back of the bus and spend most of their time figuring out how to HOARD as much income as they can.

As Kimball International cut jobs and salaries, the Thyen family and close circle hold onto their high exorbant salaries all while cutting jobs and cutting everyone salaries. A bonus structure which protects the upper management pay and bonuses.

All this while promoting the “GUIDING PRINCIPALS” telling everyone else how to suck up and smile while taking it in the rear.

The SECURITIES and EXCHANGE COMMISSION was trying to enact laws making the reporting of executive pay easier to understand for investors.

This proposal by the Securities and Exchange Commission was fought by James Thyen and a copy is available online at (close all the spaces):

w w w .sec . gov/rules/proposed/s70306/jcth yen7566. pdf

This IS the smoking gun! James Thyen SIGNED THIS DOCUMENT! This says Thyen wants to keep his income and the families income as hidden as possible from those WHO OWN THE COMPANY IN PUBLIC!!

All this so the Thyen family (several in upper management) can CONTINUE to HOARD buttloads of money!

If you search “Kimball int incompetent” you will find tons of disappointing discussions in the fall of Kimball due to greed and incompetence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••