Two-Toe Tom Update and Entertainment ...

Two-Toe Tom Update and Entertainment by Carmel Assembly of God

There are 20 comments on the Washington County News story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Two-Toe Tom Update and Entertainment by Carmel Assembly of God. In it, Washington County News reports that:

Bonifay Kiwanis Club received an update about the Two-Toe Tom Festival from Esto Town Council member Darlene Madden and was entertained by the Carmel Assembly of God choir during their April 3 meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington County News.

hope

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#1 Apr 7, 2013
hope its the youth band case their choir will but you to sleep!
know

Fort Rucker, AL

#2 Apr 8, 2013
I know right, could be a local mega type church, great preaching, but it's all old money so you get old worship music!
saved and broke and happy

Bonifay, FL

#3 Apr 8, 2013
know wrote:
I know right, could be a local mega type church, great preaching, but it's all old money so you get old worship music!
Who ya kidding? There's not much money up here but we like to worship, new or old music either one. Worships for the Lord, not to entertain you. Your supposed to worship too.
know

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#4 Apr 12, 2013
ok lets see i guess you think worship should be slow and sad instead of upbeat an hppy!
Davis Upshaw

Bossier City, LA

#5 Apr 12, 2013
hope wrote:
hope its the youth band case their choir will but you to sleep!
As someone who has a child that sings in that choir, I find your comment extremely rude and downright offensive.

I don't see you up the pouring your heart out trying to praise the Lord with your voice uplifted in song.

Or are you actually expecting all these local people who chose to worship the Lord in song to be the next big hit on American Idol?

Who are you to question their commitment to God? Who are you to say they aren't good enough of their form of praise isn't worthy?

If you are going to sleep, it's because the Devil has put you to sleep so you can't hear the outpouring of blessings that I get when I listen to the Choir sing.

And to come on here and try to spread the Devils word and to try to tear down God's choir, then you are obviously some sort of Satanist seeking to destroy praise for God.

Maybe you need to WAKE UP and listen to the message that the Choir is bringing to you. Maybe you need to listen to the words and feel their power.

But I'm sure you fall asleep in church too (if you even wake up on Sunday morning to go to church). I'm sorry that Gods words and praise for our Lord is so boring to you.

But I guess you need to get your rest in now, because it's going to be very hard to sleep when you are burning.
Rev Theo

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 12, 2013
Davis Upshaw wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone who has a child that sings in that choir, I find your comment extremely rude and downright offensive.
I don't see you up the pouring your heart out trying to praise the Lord with your voice uplifted in song.
Or are you actually expecting all these local people who chose to worship the Lord in song to be the next big hit on American Idol?
Who are you to question their commitment to God? Who are you to say they aren't good enough of their form of praise isn't worthy?
If you are going to sleep, it's because the Devil has put you to sleep so you can't hear the outpouring of blessings that I get when I listen to the Choir sing.
And to come on here and try to spread the Devils word and to try to tear down God's choir, then you are obviously some sort of Satanist seeking to destroy praise for God.
Maybe you need to WAKE UP and listen to the message that the Choir is bringing to you. Maybe you need to listen to the words and feel their power.
But I'm sure you fall asleep in church too (if you even wake up on Sunday morning to go to church). I'm sorry that Gods words and praise for our Lord is so boring to you.
But I guess you need to get your rest in now, because it's going to be very hard to sleep when you are burning.
Thank you for standing up for the spreading of Gods Word.
Thank you for sticking up for Christians trying to worship the Lord.
I know this not too many people in todays world are willing to stick up for their beliefs. People now are worse about denying their religion than they were when the Romans were feeding them to the lions. The original poster is a lion, seeking to devour and destroy those Christians who take a stand and sing out praises to the Lord.
Satan is everywhere in America - destroying, devouring, defiling. He is driving wedges between people, between churches, and between even families. The original poster is a wedge of the Devil, a tool of Satan. He blasphemes those who seek the praise the Lord.
I'm a preacher and my calling is to bring the word of God. But the choir also has a mission. They also bring the word of God, they just do it in song. To mock them is to mock the Trinity. To castigate them is to castigate God.
I pray for your soul, but I can see from your comments, my prayers will do no good. You are destined to burn in Hades for trying to tear down Gods chosen people.
And then you come on here and try to spread your sickness, your disease, your disbelief, you Satanism. You try to infect the minds of other with your insults and sarcasm. You try to sway the uncommmitted and offend the committed.
Your contemptuous rudeness and gross insensitivity will be your downfall. Away Demon - go out from this place of worship. In the spirit of the Christ, I cast you OUT. Go and trouble the Carmel Assembly of God Choir any longer.
You are covered in your sin. You stink before God. Repent and rebuke the leash of the Devil. Cast off his talons that he has sunken so deeply into your soul. Turn away from the darkness and turn to the light of Christ's love.
For it is only after you have learned to love Christ that you can learn to love your fellow man and then you will no longer feel the need to degrenate others with your hateful, sinful tounge.
cARMELITE

United States

#7 Apr 12, 2013
Amen.

Now that's the kind of preacher that I like to listen to. I'll bet no one sleeps thru one of your sermons. Where do you preach, I'd like to come visit.
hope

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#8 Apr 12, 2013
give me a break you hypocrites! to tell you i don't like the coir you tell me i am mocking the trinity, I was stating my opinion but you are judging, Did Father God give you that authority to judge me for using my freedom of speech to voice my opinion! but you, a preacher, guess I'll have to duck when you turn to look at me cause you got a light pole sticking outta your eye! while you judging the speck in mine! Hey if you try a church with contemporary worship maybe you're eyes will be open! that's how you grow a church!
Bonifay Voter

Panama City Beach, FL

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Sounds like "cool hand lucas" has found another blog!
Rev Theo

United States

#10 Apr 13, 2013
hope wrote:
give me a break you hypocrites! to tell you i don't like the coir you tell me i am mocking the trinity, I was stating my opinion but you are judging, Did Father God give you that authority to judge me for using my freedom of speech to voice my opinion! but you, a preacher, guess I'll have to duck when you turn to look at me cause you got a light pole sticking outta your eye! while you judging the speck in mine! Hey if you try a church with contemporary worship maybe you're eyes will be open! that's how you grow a church!
Contemporary worship churches are perverting the word of God. God specifies quite clearly in the Bible on how he should be praised and how one should act in a house of worship.

I believe in the Bible as the one and true word of God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about rock bands, strobe lights and weinie roasts in the tabernacle.

Churches that thing they have to use a MTV style of worship just to grow their numbers are false prophets. They are using candy and flashing lights and mind-numbing music to ENTERTAIN.

The Church is not their the entertain you. Not there to make you slap jive hands and do the boogie in church. It's not supposed to be a rock concert or WWE wrestling match.

The Church is there to teach and to give parishoneers a place to worship. If you want a big contemporary party, then go to the clubs on Saturday night. Just don't think it is OK for you to bring your party into Church on Sunday.

Are you some kind of mindless ape who must be constantly entertained or else you get bored (and fall asleep)? I know when I hear the word of God, either in a Sermon, a personal testimony or in the song of a Choir, I get energized. No way I could fall asleep while the words of God is flowing.

I think you need to re-evaluate just why you go to church. If it's just for the party and seeing you friends, then maybe you are going for the wrong reasons. So don't come on here trying to tall me, a pastor for the last 49 years about how your new wave hippy church is the cat's meow and what everyone should be doing.

Find yourself a true church that teaches and lives by the word of God. Stay away from those churches with the circus-like atmosphere who cater to alternative lifestyles and the biker culture. The Bible speaks out against such so-called churches who are blinding believers with frivolity, lust and religious orgies.
Rev Theo

United States

#11 Apr 13, 2013
hope wrote:
And why do you twist it so that if you say something you are just voicing your opinion, but if I say something I'm judging and being a hypocrite? Why do I not have the same rights that you are clinging to?

What happened to what I say being my opinion. Why isn't you saying rude things about the Choir also being judgemental? Did you not pass judgement on them as being boring? Did I not give my opinion of you and you so-called form of worship.

Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black, or the opinionated calling someone else judgemental for having an opinion. What about the log that is in your eye concerning the Choir. Why not pluck it out and JOIN the choir since you obviously could do so much better, so that gives you the right to criticize it.
hope

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#12 Apr 14, 2013
josh rev, you are one twisted guy, re read your post and compare it to mine I will pray for you and really pray for who ever your preaching to, wolf in sheeps clothing!! Thank you for standing up for the spreading of Gods Word.
Thank you for sticking up for Christians trying to worship the Lord.
I know this not too many people in todays world are willing to stick up for their beliefs. People now are worse about denying their religion than they were when the Romans were feeding them to the lions. The original poster is a lion, seeking to devour and destroy those Christians who take a stand and sing out praises to the Lord.
Satan is everywhere in America - destroying, devouring, defiling. He is driving wedges between people, between churches, and between even families. The original poster is a wedge of the Devil, a tool of Satan. He blasphemes those who seek the praise the Lord.
I'm a preacher and my calling is to bring the word of God. But the choir also has a mission. They also bring the word of God, they just do it in song. To mock them is to mock the Trinity. To castigate them is to castigate God.
I pray for your soul, but I can see from your comments, my prayers will do no good. You are destined to burn in Hades for trying to tear down Gods chosen people.
And then you come on here and try to spread your sickness, your disease, your disbelief, you Satanism. You try to infect the minds of other with your insults and sarcasm. You try to sway the uncommmitted and offend the committed.
Your contemptuous rudeness and gross insensitivity will be your downfall. Away Demon - go out from this place of worship. In the spirit of the Christ, I cast you OUT. Go and trouble the Carmel Assembly of God Choir any longer.
You are covered in your sin. You stink before God. Repent and rebuke the leash of the Devil. Cast off his talons that he has sunken so deeply into your soul. Turn away from the darkness and turn to the light of Christ's love.
For it is only after you have learned to love Christ that you can learn to love your fellow man and then you will no longer feel the need to degrenate others with your hateful, sinful tounge.
Rev Theo

San Antonio, TX

#13 Apr 16, 2013
hope wrote:
josh rev, you are one twisted guy, re read your post and compare it to mine I will pray for you and really pray for who ever your preaching to, wolf in sheeps clothing!!
I preach what I have preached every single day for the last 45 years. I preach the word of God, I preach hell fire and brimestone. I preach the truth. I don't sugarcoat it, I don't fancy it up, I don't play rock music to it. I just preach what the Lord tells me to preach.

Many lukewarm, so-called Christians do not like to hear what I have to say. I bring down Gods wrath on non-believers and usurpers. You won't get any warm fuzzies from my church if you just come to be entertained. I'm not a entertainer, I am Gods spokesperson, I am his sword for the wicked and his shield for the faithful. I am his right hand that saves those that can be saved or smiteth those that cannot.

I call them as I see them. I have no problem in telling a sinner that they will burn in Hades if they don't change their wicked ways. And I'm not just talking about the druggers and murderers and adulturers and rapist, but I'm also bringing down Gods wrath on the sleepers and the half-wits and dullards who think they must get some sort of hoochie-cootchie show when they come to church.

I don't make God's rules, God makes his own laws. I just bring his laws to the people. The people that don't like what I have to say are the people who are living in sin and who are destined to burn. I would be lying if I were to smile and tell you everything is going to be okay and wonderful when I know you are going to spend a eternity in the lake of fire.

I'm not going to turn my church into a circus or my pulpit into a reality TV show just for your amusement, just to try to keep you awake long enough to hear Gods word. I will bring Gods message and present it to you in the way it needs to be presented. You won't catch me in the pulpit with rhinestone capes and bouffant hairdos. You won't catch me playing the electric guitar and dancing on the altar. There will be no monkeys or motorcycles in my church.

If the word of God doesn't keep you awake, if a choir offering up praise in song doesn't keep you from being bored, then I can't help you my friend. I have come to grips with the fact that I can't reach every one, I cannot save the world. But I will do what I can until God brings this soldier of his home off the battlefield.

People are like mules, you can bring one to God's word, but you can't make the stubborn ones drink it in.
hope

Fort Rucker, AL

#14 Apr 17, 2013
So Niceville hacked my name to post his satanic rant! You will be surprised when My Lord and Savior starts separating the sheep from the goats! I know where I'm going and I have never treated or called a fellow brother Christian the things you guys are saying, do you think Father God would be proud of you?? Love is Kind! Where is your love, I deserve all this bashing because I said I thought the Carmel choir would put you to sleep! You guys are really off course! Print this post and hang it on your bulletin board at your church. In front of God and all your members so they can be proud of how you handled and commented yourself!
All I can is I am not perfect like y'all think you are but I am forgiven! Oh and I pray that God forgives you as well for you know not what you do! I have never heard that kind of hate come from true Christians! Peace out!
Rev Theo

San Antonio, TX

#15 Apr 17, 2013
hope wrote:
You will be surprised when My Lord and Savior starts separating the sheep from the goats! I know where I'm going!
Well, all I can say is that if you feel comfortable with your behavior and your actions, then nothing I can say or show you in the Bible is going to open your eyes at all.

Just be sure to let the Lord know how you were so disrespectful to one of HIS choirs who were doing the best they could to praise him. Tell him just how bored you were to have to sit thru their songs of worship. And be sure to tell him how you came onto the public internet and tried to smear their name and tear them all down for doing their best.

I'll just bet he'll give you a seat right there beside him and the largest mansion in heaven.

I too know where I'm going and I am not at all ashamed of calling out a sinner and a defiler. You attempted to defile the choir with your hateful words. Yet you do it from the back pew, not up in the choir yourself. How easy it is for someone to sit back and mock someone else when they don't have the guts to come up and try to do it themselves.

All I can say is that the choir, all choirs, try to do their best. They are up there praising and worshiping God while you are sitting back criticizing and being bored.

Good luck on your trip to heaven, unfortunately I think you're going to find it's going to be a 'round trip' instead of a 'one way'.

There are so many hypocritical criticizing people who smugly THINK they are saved and will be in heaven, but who will be spending their eternity boiling in the lake of fire. It takes more than just saying the words, you have to live the life. Unless you are Catholic, when just saying a few Hail Mary's will cleanse you of your sins. Sorry, but I don't believe that way, no more than I think you can criticize someone in the way they worship and expect God to overlook your transgressions.

I have tried to reach you, but it looks like I was correct in my view that you cannot be reached. Christ cannot forgive you of any sins you do not acknowledge.

So as long as you think it's ok for you to criticize and demean someone else, then I guess that is just something you are going to have to square with the man upstairs when that time comes.

But to me, someone who mocks a person trying their best to praise the Lord; is also mocking the Lord. You obviously believe differently, so we'll just have to let St. Peter make the call when we both arrive at that pearly gate, won't we?

Just answer me one question before I turn my back on you: Just what was you purpose or intent for getting online to mock and bad mouth the choir to the hundreds or possibly thousands who might read it?

Whether you see it or not, Satan has a hand in what comes out of your mouth and what you post on the internet.
hope

Fort Rucker, AL

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Satan is your father
bonifay resident

Miami Beach, FL

#17 Apr 17, 2013
Rev. Theo,
Where is your church so I know not to visit.
Rev Theo

San Antonio, TX

#18 Apr 17, 2013
bonifay resident wrote:
Rev. Theo,
Where is your church so I know not to visit.
Well, to be perfectly honest with you, if you are like the original poster who does not see the hurt and the sin that comes from one 'so-called' Christian coming to a online forum and bashing another Christian for the way the worship the lord, then my friend we don't want you to visit.

I do not sugar coat my message. If you are a sinner, if your heart has evil in it, if the devil makes you say wicked things about others, then I can promise you that you will chafe when you sit in one of my sermons.

I've said it before and I will say it again till the day I die and head to gloryland - I was not put here on earth to entertain you or to make you feel better about your sins.

The road to heaven is not paid with good deeds, so it certianly isn't paved with bad deeds (like badmouthing another Christian in public).

If you are a real Christian, then you know it is Satan that puts the evil in the world. It is Satan who puts evil thoughts into mens hearts and minds. It is Satan who make men say evil and hurtful things against one another. To deny this is to deny that Satan exists. To deny that Satan exists is to deny that Christ exists.

And I'm sorry to break this to you my friend, if you are denying that Christ exists, you will burn for all eternity. That is what my Bible teaches, that are my Gods rules, and that is the message that I bring to my flock. If you don't like hearing Gods truth, then coming to my church would probably be mighty uncomfortable for you.
Rev Theo

Bossier City, LA

#19 Apr 17, 2013
However, when if ever you become open to Gods word and Christs teachings. Whenever you are ready to thow off the Devil's saddle, then you are most welcome to visit our church and join us in our celebration and worship and prayer.

We don't care how well you sing or if you don't have expensive clothes and jewelry. We are about worshiping Christ as King of Kings. We are about trying to live the life that Christ has set before us.

If you seek redemption for your sins, if you are ready to admit all your sins and to cast off Satan, then you are welcome to come and to learn and to serve.

Because in our Church, you serve your fellow man, you don't belittle him. If you are unwilling to serve the Lord, if all you want to do is sit back and make fun of others, then don't waste your time with my little old church in the wood.
Rev Theo

Bossier City, LA

#20 Apr 17, 2013
hope wrote:
Satan is your father
Wrong. Satan is your MASTER.

You serve him with your evil words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New exhibit to open at Munson-Williams-Proctor (Jun '14) Feb 24 Ouch 7
News Artists Say Overtown Landlords Won't Pay for Mu... Feb 18 Ariel Furmanski 1
News Major exhibit celebrating Alex Janvier opens at... Feb 17 MeanWhile 1
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
News Fat, nude body painting in NYC celebrates body ... (Jun '15) Feb 6 Fat Phart 11
News Tour of the Holy Land Part III - New Jerusalem Feb 5 Jeff Brightone 1
News Woman Scratches, Rubs Butt Over $30M Painting (Jan '12) Feb 1 Fancy Pharts 86
More from around the web