R. Styles
ARMANDO PALACIO

Mesa, AZ

#22 Dec 7, 2006
Kristina wrote:
I have an oil painting by R. Styles as well. It's 3x4' painting w/ a big city in a far distances with a yellow/orange back around, in the front is rocks and an ocean/sea/lake between the rocks and city with a full moon. I have had this for 6 years and been trying to find out who & where this artist is from. I love my painting.
[ARMANDO]I THINK I HAVE THE SAME PAINTING. DOES IT HAVE THE REFLECTION OF THE CITY IN THE WATER? I WANT TO SELL MINE FOR 50,[email protected] IL.COM
R Anderson

Fresno, CA

#23 Dec 8, 2006
S HARDIE wrote:
I own a R.Styles painting as well, I have tried many times to find out who he is cant. I would like to purchase more of his work as well but do not know where to purchase it from.
I also have an R. Styles original...it's a 37 x 37 oil on canvas in a balck frame. It's in great conditon, and is of a city scape from accross the water with a huge golden sun shining through either a haze or fog. It's a beutiful painting. I'm looking to sell it though because I have so many paintings now and no room. If anyone is interested you can contact me at: [email protected]
I can furnish you with pictures as well if you are interested.
kayla

Concord, MA

#24 Jan 1, 2007
my family has the painting of the city thats in gold and orange and black dark colors. my dad told me to research the painter R.Styles becus he wants to kno if this painting could be worth money. but i showed him that most ppl dont kno who hes is so he is now uninterested. but this has happened to spark my interests and now i would really love to kno who this painter is. not to sell the painting, just becus now im curious. so please anyone with Any info just email me at [email protected] thank you and i really hope to get some info, any info would help. thanks
Wm West

United States

#25 Jan 14, 2007
i have an R. Styles painting with a field of flowers in different colors with a couple off to the right side of painting. i purchased some at a used furniture store for 10 dollars. Any ideas who this is
PJ Rowland

Pikeville, KY

#26 Mar 17, 2007
I was at my cousins house tonight and she has the R Styles city scape painting with the large moon background and water/rocks in the foreground. I loved it and asked about it. She got it from her grandmother who said it was the Cincinnati, OH skyline. I'm still trying to find out more about the artist.
Janelle Broadwell

Kearney, NE

#27 Mar 27, 2007
S HARDIE wrote:
I own a R.Styles painting as well, I have tried many times to find out who he is cant. I would like to purchase more of his work as well but do not know where to purchase it from.
I have a huge 3*3 foot R. Styles painting of an amazing pirate ship, traditonal R. Styles, with dark colors and splashes of orange an yellow. an amazing, original piece.
test

New York, NY

#28 Mar 29, 2007
test
c michaels

Tualatin, OR

#29 May 27, 2007
i have the orange/brown cityscape also and have always thought it was one of the "starving artist" paintings from the 70's as mentioned above. i have it hanging in my downstairs bathroom and never get tired of looking at it. lately the signature looks more and more like Ralph Steadman's style. did mr. Steadman do some starving artist work in the 70's??? would be nice to think so, but i'm sure he was already established by then.
I Morin

AOL

#30 Jun 6, 2007
I have the same painting described by several lucky ones: a cityscape in beautiful colors with a raising sun in orange and red tones. Regardless of the price I love my paint that I acquired when it catched my eyes in a used office furniture store. It really looks beautiful in my little home office with walls matching the yellow tones in the paint. Many of my customers asked about the paint and that is the reason of my interest. I know now that many out there enjoy the peaceful scape contrasting with the aggressive strong colors in it.
R Barr

Dallas, TX

#31 Jun 14, 2007
S HARDIE wrote:
I have an R. Styles painting. It is of a flamingo dancer. It's pretty big. If your interested, contact me at [email protected] I can send you pics. Thanks!
- Ron
Reverend_Benner

Salina, KS

#32 Jun 21, 2007
I found a 37in. X 37in. painting by R. Styles in an apartment building's storage room in downtown Kansas City, MO. earlier this year.
The painting is of a city scaped with one building that stands in the center of the city like a tower above the rest of the buildings around it.
The colors of the city are black, white and reds and the back ground colors are mainly orange and black tones.
In the fore ground there seems to be white and red bushes or rocks at the bottom of the painting and then about 9 inches of what seems to be a fog or haze over a body of water.
The city looks to be sitting on an island or a fog may be wrapping around the city.
Above the city is a large white moon that makes a haunting atmosphere or a blazing sun that seems to be adding a kind of haze from humidity all around the city.
One way or the other the city has a fog of sorts wrapped around it.
I have read all the other posts and we all have a pretty nice collection of Style's work but has anyone heard where to find out any more info on this R. Styles?
Contact info: [email protected]
Jenny Fortes

Leicester, MA

#33 Jun 27, 2007
hello people!
i have had a painting from R.Styles it's of a beautiful city with the Big Moon it's very unique. i want to know of this artist also and the value of this piece of a art.
my email address if anyone is interested in purchasing this painting or if you know any information contact me at [email protected]
Rich Kove

Pompano Beach, FL

#34 Jul 10, 2007
i believe the painting that a lot of you are describing is of new york city 60's and 70's
Rich Kove

Pompano Beach, FL

#35 Jul 10, 2007
i m amost possitive tha the painting being described is of new york city
jessica oklahoma

Oklahoma City, OK

#36 Jul 22, 2007
Gregory Bailey wrote:
Does anyone out there in teh art world have knowledge of this artist work? Please hit me back at [email protected]
i have a huge sunflower painting that is from r styles and it is 3 ft by 3 ft no one knows anything aboyut the painter?
jessica oklahoma

Oklahoma City, OK

#37 Jul 22, 2007
i have a r styles painting that is 3 ft by 3 ft and it is the sunflower painting. anyone interested in it?
ryan

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Aug 9, 2007
I have a painting by r. styles. its a very dark painting of a city scape with sailboats in a harbor and a full moon above the city.would love to find out more about this fellow
shzusuziq

AOL

#39 Aug 9, 2007
I also have a R. Styles large cityscape painting in the orange. I bought mine at a thrift store about 10 years ago for 8 bucks. If any one wants to send me a photo of their copy I would like to compare them.. [email protected]
Sarah

Buffalo, MN

#40 Oct 7, 2007
J Janzen Alberta Canada wrote:
I have a too am looking for info on R Styles. I have a canvas oil painting of sunflowers, burgandy, yellows, greens. Very bright and beautiful about 3'by 3'

I have the same painting with Avante Studios on the back. reorder info and all...cant find anyhing else out. Any luck your way?
Sarah

Buffalo, MN

#41 Oct 7, 2007
jessica oklahoma wrote:
i have a r styles painting that is 3 ft by 3 ft and it is the sunflower painting. anyone interested in it?
Yes do you have any info on it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ghostbusters Jul 19 Bennie 1
News Former Canadian prison guard at centre of uniqu... Jul 14 Maid for TV Movie... 2
News Artist due in court next month, forced to prove... Jul 14 Maid for TV Movie... 2
News Worthless painting could be worth millions, Sau... Jul 12 Hail 1
News 'Nice painting. Not by me:' Peter Doig denies c... Jul 12 Hail 2
News Upcoming community dinners in June (Jun '10) Jun '16 chance 4
News El Pasoan still alive on TV's "Skin Wars" Jun '16 huey goins 1
More from around the web