First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Gregory Bailey

United States

#1 Feb 6, 2006
Does anyone out there in teh art world have knowledge of this artist work? Please hit me back at gdb360@yahoo.com
joe proto

Washington, DC

#2 May 22, 2006
I have a oil painting of sail boats in harbor.R Styles, signed the painting.Any info on this painter?
Jeremy Vandergriff

Hartwell, GA

#3 May 30, 2006
Gregory Bailey wrote:
Does anyone out there in teh art world have knowledge of this artist work? Please hit me back at gdb360@yahoo.com
I have a painting of a city rising out of blackness with a big golden sun...it's pretty amazing. It says R Styles in the lower right hand corner.
jeremy peters michigan

Coldwater, MI

#4 Jul 6, 2006
i have a copy of the same picture except for black the city scape in mine looks like rust, with orange and brown intermingled, the person that gave it to me said they knew the artist, but im not sure if it is true or not
Chris_G_Rocheste r_NY

Newark, NY

#5 Jul 8, 2006
jeremy peters michigan wrote:
i have a copy of the same picture except for black the city scape in mine looks like rust, with orange and brown intermingled, the person that gave it to me said they knew the artist, but im not sure if it is true or not
I have the same painting. I was thinking about selling it at a garage sale tomorrow, but now it has peaked my interest. I think my parents bought the painting in the early 70s. Lots of orange, I always thought it looked the city was burning.
Laura A Kansas

United States

#6 Jul 23, 2006
My parents also have a painting by R. Styles. Recently acquired it from my grandfather. The painting is of a sailboat in front of what looks to be a castle. Very dark colors, but I find it beautiful. Need to find out more about this "R. Styles".
R Styles

Hampton, VA

#7 Jul 24, 2006
Im not R Styles, but I have the same city/gold sun painting. Got it at a thrift store in Tampa, FL a few years ago.
scott c

United States

#8 Aug 1, 2006
I have a huge oil painting signed by R. Styles. It is bright orange and yellow of a sunset in a big field with one tree and old homestead in center painted in shadoow black. It is bright and beautiful.
LGoforth

United States

#9 Aug 14, 2006
scott c wrote:
I have a huge oil painting signed by R. Styles. It is bright orange and yellow of a sunset in a big field with one tree and old homestead in center painted in shadoow black. It is bright and beautiful.
I have this same painting...I purchased mine at J. C. Penney many years ago (in the 70s) in the furniture department. Don't have any information on the artist.
r morey

United States

#10 Aug 16, 2006
Laura A Kansas wrote:
My parents also have a painting by R. Styles. Recently acquired it from my grandfather. The painting is of a sailboat in front of what looks to be a castle. Very dark colors, but I find it beautiful. Need to find out more about this "R. Styles".
i also have a oil by r styles new york and can't find anything on this artist i like his work
r morey

United States

#11 Aug 16, 2006
I too ahve an oil that I brought in the 70's I can't find anything now and I love his style
plesae help locate this artist
Art Collector

Coshocton, OH

#12 Aug 17, 2006
Is $1500 to much for a R. Styles' original painting?
Petra

Blanchard, ID

#13 Sep 13, 2006
Jeremy Vandergriff wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a painting of a city rising out of blackness with a big golden sun...it's pretty amazing. It says R Styles in the lower right hand corner.
I have the same painting
Kristina

La Mesa, CA

#15 Sep 21, 2006
I have an oil painting by R. Styles as well. It's 3x4' painting w/ a big city in a far distances with a yellow/orange back around, in the front is rocks and an ocean/sea/lake between the rocks and city with a full moon. I have had this for 6 years and been trying to find out who & where this artist is from. I love my painting.
Iota222

Clearwater, FL

#16 Oct 3, 2006
R Styles wrote:
Im not R Styles, but I have the same city/gold sun painting. Got it at a thrift store in Tampa, FL a few years ago.
Thrift store? what are you a malt liquor drinking fool?
S HARDIE

Amarillo, TX

#17 Oct 10, 2006
I own a R.Styles painting as well, I have tried many times to find out who he is cant. I would like to purchase more of his work as well but do not know where to purchase it from.
J Janzen Alberta Canada

Medicine Hat, Canada

#18 Oct 22, 2006
I have a too am looking for info on R Styles. I have a canvas oil painting of sunflowers, burgandy, yellows, greens. Very bright and beautiful about 3'by 3'
J Janzen Alberta Canada

Medicine Hat, Canada

#19 Oct 22, 2006
Iota222 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thrift store? what are you a malt liquor drinking fool?
Found my painting of the sunflowers at a thrift store. it's beautiful. No malt involved. Has anyone found out about this guy?
Cindy

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Nov 5, 2006
I have the same city scape. Went on ebay tonight 11/5 and found the exact same one without frame for $49. I paid $12 for mine today at a flea market. I see that the signature is a bit different. They were probably mass produced and sold at the "starving Artist" shows from the 70's. They traveled around to the hotels and sold large paintings for a very low price.(my sister bought one of the large seacapes back then) R. Styles may not even exist. I think alot of these paintings were done by students. Many were airbrushed backgrounds and then the foreground handpainted. This is why my signature may not look the same as the one on ebay and why there are so many of the same painting. Hope this info helps.
Kamila

United States

#21 Nov 19, 2006
I also have a beautiful oil paiting with a signature of R.Styles in the right hand corner. It is a view of a city at night in dark orange, black and gold with a big sun/moon? above it presented from across the bay or a river. The frame looks seventies. It is 36/37in. I love this painting. Who could possibly look at it and know something about the artist. Any ideas?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detroit arts community mourns loss of Gilda Sno... Sep 14 reality is a crutch 1
New U.S. stamp features a little bit of Utica Aug '14 No tech 4
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 2014 Septembe... Aug '14 isabelle riggs 2
Speed Painter, Robert Channing, Impresses Howar... Aug '14 Habanero Harv 3
Recent work by New York artist Walter Robinson ... Jul '14 goedkope uggs kopen 1
Cyclorama moving to Atlanta History Center Jul '14 General Robert E Lee 8
24 Live Another Day: 5 things we want to see in... Jul '14 Karen 1

Painting People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE