Experiencing Havana before the U.S. m...

Experiencing Havana before the U.S. masses

There are 3 comments on the SFGate story from Mar 25, 2012, titled Experiencing Havana before the U.S. masses. In it, SFGate reports that:

Carla Din and Doug Mosher, Oakland We went because: We wanted to experience Cuba before it opened up to the masses from the north.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Liger

Hollywood, FL

#1 Mar 26, 2012
I agree that this is the best time to go before things change for the worse when most of Miami-dade pour into Cuba.

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 26, 2012
I was told that the police there when it comes to enforcing traffic laws is more efficient than Miami-dade's.

I was 2 yrs old when we left so I wouldn't know anything about Cuba but living in a badly run, no political,police standard third world called Miami-dade I have an idea.
Doc Proper

Andover, NJ

#3 Mar 27, 2012
HISTORY AND SIGNIFICANCE

The United States worked with Y. pestis as a potential biowarfare agent in the 1950's and 1960's before the old offensive biowarfare program was terminated by President Richard Nixon in 1969, and other countries are suspected of weaponizing this organism. The former Soviet Union had more than 10 institutes and thousands of scientists who worked with plague. During World War II, Unit 731 of the Japanese Army reportedly released plague-infected fleas from aircraft over Chinese cities. This method was cumbersome and unpredictable. The U.S. and Soviet Union developed the more reliable and effective method of aerosolizing the organism. The interest in the terrorist potential of plague was brought to light in 1995 when Larry Wayne Harris was arrested in Ohio for the illicit procurement of a Y. pestis culture through the mail. The contagious nature of pneumonic plague makes it particularly dangerous as a biological weapon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ArtRx LA Apr 29 Sheri Ann 1
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white Apr 20 7958hkflh 1
News Acclaimed pianist Bruce Levingston explores art... Apr 19 LUCY MARIE JANE 1
News Public invited to Second Annual Day of Creativity Apr 17 Mario 2
News Upcoming community dinners in June (Jun '10) Apr 13 Let them eat cake 3
News The Queen of Colours coming to the Sault Apr 13 tworowwampum 1
News ArtBeat: What To See Apr 12 Mary Ann 1
More from around the web