Oil Painting / R. Styles
karen

Danbury, CT

#28 Jul 7, 2007
I have a beach scene oil painting which I acquired in 1976 that is signed in the lower right hand side K. Harriso (what it appears to be)- anybody know about this artist?
Annie

Plymouth, MA

#29 Jul 21, 2007
Has anyone identified R. Styles? Have an oil (3'x3') of either "sailing" or "fishing" ships, black (w/touches of red, green, and brown) on a white background.
Have thought, many times, of turning this into a "blank" canvas to let the children create whatever they want. Would this be a "bad idea?" I have NO concept of ART or its value (I just "like what I like!").
Appreciate any thoughts...
Annie
Sarah

Buffalo, MN

#32 Oct 9, 2007
I too have a painting stampled Avante Studios, Inc. by R Styles. I have no idea of the artist or its value.
dale sturtz

AOL

#34 Nov 15, 2007
Shuron wrote:
I have a very large oil painting by artist Lee Richards (at the bottom left corner). Top right corner stamped "Avante Studios, Inc". A hand written number on the bottom right wood bracket "952". The picture is of a large Black Panther with a tree behind him that has raised silver tone paint as the tree bark. Any info on the Artist or value apprciated.
i dont know much about his works ,but do you want to sell panther picture. [email protected] i believe i gave you the wrong one before starting at my screen name eladsze thats me.
john jaxfl

AOL

#35 Nov 15, 2007
i know of some one who has #852 picture of a raised flower by lee richards also , no known value either. my girlfrind had an uncle that was killed in the twin towers,and i thought of her to buy the picture from you if you dont want to much, and if you were wanting to sell it. thank you.my email is [email protected]
dexter

South Shields, UK

#36 Dec 2, 2007
I have an oil painting of a vase of flowers,size approx 24"x18",signed Robin,bottom centre,any Ideas of artist,
many thanks
dex
Alice

AOL

#37 Dec 4, 2007
I also have a painting signed R. Wood has trees, a small shed and creek w/mountian scene. Looking to see if this picture is worth anything. I bought it in Austrailia. It is now located in Kirkland, WA. Anyone know anything about this picture?
Sandra wrote:
I bought a large oil painting.
It is a picture of trees a small shed
and water behing .
Very light and bright it is signed R. Wood
on back was bought at an art gallery
is this a good painting?
Emily

Oakland, CA

#38 Dec 16, 2007
Anyone ever heard of an artist named Tzsn... or it could be Tzrn.... the paintings are a solid color background with thick black acrylic paint on top (the black paint sort of comes up off the canvas.)
Candy

Dearborn Heights, MI

#39 Dec 22, 2007
Kamila wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I also have a beautiful approx 37x37 oil paiting signed R.Styles right hand corner. Represents the view of a city at night (I am not sure which one) from across the bay or river, it is black, gold and dark orange. Have you found any pieces of information about this artist? Would you like to exchange the photos of the paitings ?
It sounds like we have the same painting or something similar did you ever find out about the artist or where the paintings originated from.
Candy

Dearborn Heights, MI

#40 Dec 22, 2007
I also have a painting 36"x48" oil on canvas looks like an abstract city scape using greens, browns, black,orangs yellow and white signed on the bottom right corner ARMANDO in caps just trying to find information on the artest date in which it was painted and if it has any value.
Diane

Mullica Hill, NJ

#41 Dec 25, 2007
I too, have the gold and black city painting by R. Styles. It was handed down to me by my Great Aunt from Philadelphia. The price tag indicates $31.49 at Sears and I think she purchased around 1970.
talena

United States

#42 Dec 30, 2007
I have a large painting of three pirate type ships, in black, red, and orangish yellow color not sure, wood frame with a gold frame, it is a great picture hand painted oil, the back is paper. it has a tag on the back which was supposed to be taken off by manager at the store it has the catalog number of 2510 and a code of 2510 it is signed in the right hand corner by nicholeid anyone has any information please email me at [email protected] thank you
Jade

Bloomington, IN

#43 Jun 18, 2008
I have a large 3 piece oil painting signed in lower right corner by Lee Richards The painting is of lillies and there is an Avante Studios stamp on the back. I would like to know how much this is worth.If anyone can give me an idea or suggestion please email me at [email protected] Thanks:)
Nova Covington-Halter

Broomfield, CO

#44 Aug 3, 2008
BRETT wrote:
HI I HAVE A LARGE OIL PAINTING OD MANY ABSTRACT SAILING VESSELS,SAILS DOWN AND BIRDS.THERES A TAG ON BACK NUMBERED 3913 SOLD BY AVANTE STUDIOS INC . SAN GABERIEL CA. PAINTING IS BEING OFFERED FOR 10,000.00 PLUS INSURED SHIPPING [email protected] FOR INQUIRIES AND INFO THANK YOU
Did you sell your painting? I also have a large oil painting of Sunflowers from Avante Studios (#3604). How did you go about finding out what your painting was worth? Please reply below.
Thanks,
Nova Covington-Halter
[email protected]
Rockman

Buffalo, NY

#45 Sep 19, 2008
I just bought a nice R. Styles painting that I was going to paint over. It's 37" x 37" and sounds very much like Wm West's in Valley Cottage, NY. Im in Orchard Park, NY. It's a very bright yellow with flowers in the forfront (pink, white and green) and a small pair of people holding hands walking towards the sunset and surf. I bought it for 5$ because it was on canvass and hand a nice frame. STill does any one know of this R. Styles????

Rockman
L Cash

Salt Lake City, UT

#46 Sep 28, 2008
Nova Covington-Halter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you sell your painting? I also have a large oil painting of Sunflowers from Avante Studios (#3604). How did you go about finding out what your painting was worth? Please reply below.
Thanks,
Nova Covington-Halter
[email protected]
Brett or Nova,

I also have this boat picture and was wondering the value or where I could find more info. on this R. Styles.
Please reply to:
[email protected]

I also have the painting of the boats
Randy

Victoria, TX

#48 Oct 18, 2008
I have a hand oil painting with tree and birds. It's painted in black,green,and yellow. The name can't tell, maybe yasu or jasu. I was wondering information on it. thank you.
Randy

Victoria, TX

#49 Oct 18, 2008
I have a painting with tree and birds. It's a oil painting by hand. painted in black,green,and yellow. Name on painting maybe jasu, or yasu can't indentify name on picture, Would like information on it? I'm from Jonesboro,AR.
Trena of BC Canada

Kamloops, Canada

#50 Oct 27, 2008
Have a oil painting with R Styles sig in the lower left hand corner its a forest done in the fall with trees reflecting black, yellows, reds, lots of depth to this painting.
Bought it 20 years ago at a garage sale for 2 bucks. wonder it its worth anything.??
Cyndi Campbell Missouri

Springfield, MO

#51 Jan 29, 2009
john_jaxfl wrote:
<quoted text> I'm looking for info about a lee richards painting I have...see my discription below. Thanx! If I find anything out I'll let you know.
I also have a painting with Lee Richards on the bottom and stamped Avante Studios on the back...I would like info too about the Artist!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Portrait of Hillary Clinton set off security do... 20 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News Stephen Shore's Offbeat Sublimities Dec 5 Pardon Pard 1
News Roy Thomas Comes Full Circle (Sep '12) Dec 1 need Traffic Circle 2
News 'This is what we lost': Alberta artist honours ... Nov 20 Super Chug 1
News Community Calendar, Oct. 24-Oct. 30 (Oct '14) Nov '17 police Beat 4
News Races For Governor Put Trump's Immigration Mess... Nov '17 tomin cali 1
News Weeklong Wenjiang Festival will bring taste of ... Oct '17 Chinese takin over 2
More from around the web