Opera Columbus turns to touring shows...

Opera Columbus turns to touring shows | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 10, 2011, titled Opera Columbus turns to touring shows | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Depending on the perspective, Opera Columbus is alive, alive but not kicking or on life support.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Maria Nockin

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2011
It will be interesting to see how this works out. To my mind there is only one opera being performed all year. Gilbert and Sullivan is operetta and Graves will sing a recital with piano accompaniment. Is there only one performance of Don Giovanni? It's a starvation diet, leaving fans to content themselves with a dozen Met Movies. Where do you think the donations will go?
RojNeb

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2011
It's a sad commentary on the cultural state of our city. Wouldn't CAPA already be bringing these shows to town? Why even bother with the Opera Columbus tag? Is this going to build up the company or is it going to further reduce the remaining supporters?
Opera Fan

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jul 10, 2011
It's official. Opera Columbus is dead. Despite what the article says. This city has lost another cultural jewel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Margaret L. Lauder Releases New Novel, Glen Haven (Nov '13) Aug '16 Margaret L Lauder 6
News An evening with Reilly Nelson Jun '16 pete seeger fan 2
News Opera Project Columbus Presents Rossini's the B... May '16 Leanne 1
News Miami Music Festival Accepts Canton Symphony Or... May '16 Sherry 1
News 'Alice Flagg,' American opera by local composer... May '16 Medewiwin 1
News Stage Vets John Griffin and Nell Teare Star in ... May '16 jennyB 1
News Gay boxer's story inspires opera opening weeks ... (Jun '13) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
More from around the web