modern dance in orange county

Posted in the Modern Dance Forum

katherine

Laguna Niguel, CA

#1 May 25, 2006
hi, i live in southern orange county and i am looking for good modern and contemporary ballet classes to take near by. any suggestions?
Christine

San Diego, CA

#2 May 28, 2006
That was always my beef with OC. It seems that modern dance in orange county thrives in the colleges and universities. I got my fill of it in college there, but whenever I asked around for classes outside of school no one could give me a good suggestion. I personally took ballet classes at Anaheim Ballet. If you like modern/jazz combos, try Mike Esparanza's class at Jimmy Defore's (it's entitled "jazz", but he definitely uses modern dance vocabulary). Other than that, if you ever like driving to San Diego I could possibly give you better advice :P.
tobi

Torrance, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2009
backhausdance has open company class every friday at the CA conservatory of dance in mission viejo. $12/class. can't beat it.
sara

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2009
hi, moved here leaving a professional dance career in NYC a year ago. feel i have landed in the desert. is there ANY professional level contemporary-modern dance here? where can i take a good ballet or modern class? i'm in southern orange county.
Lauren

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2010
Best place for ballet in Orange County is Anaheim Ballet. They just started a modern class as well which is on Thursdays at 7 pm.
sara wrote:
hi, moved here leaving a professional dance career in NYC a year ago. feel i have landed in the desert. is there ANY professional level contemporary-modern dance here? where can i take a good ballet or modern class? i'm in southern orange county.
Tawny
#6 Aug 16, 2012
Check out Backhausdance at www.backhausdance.org . The company is currently celebrating its 10th season with performances at Laguna Dance Festival and the Carpenter Center in Long Beach. The company holds an annual summer intensive as well as weekly open classes (ballet and modern).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modern Dance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth behind Taylor Swift's racist video Sep '14 I sold a kidney 4
Flower Parade (Sep '13) Jul '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 12
Modern dance competition the standout winners! May '14 Siobhan Marie 1
Modern dance routine by "Maddie" May '14 Brittany Marie 1
Time to Close the Book on the Tupac and Biggie ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
TDIM - Madonna went to No.1 on the US singles c... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Jack 3
Colby Christina Set to Perform the Lead Role in... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ARTS INSTRUCTOR 1

Modern Dance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE