Online petition out to lure Costco to Knoxville

Jul 8, 2008 Full story: WBIR-TV 29

A petition to bring a wholesale warehouse store to Knoxville is gaining ground. Knoxville native Tommy Stokes started the grassroots effort the end of June, and he's amazed by the support to bring Costco ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#21 Feb 15, 2011
Don't need a petition. Costco is planning construction on a site located at Lovell Rd and Parkside Drive.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#22 Feb 15, 2011
Be a smart shopper. Sam's and Costco use multipack and different size boxes (weight) to throw you off when doing comparison shopping. Keep a notebook with cost per oz. from other stores and take your calculator. Most are good prices but many items can be bought equal or cheaper on a per oz. price at WalMart in smaller boxes. Be careful.

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#23 Feb 15, 2011
ThomasA wrote:
Be a smart shopper. Sam's and Costco use multipack and different size boxes (weight) to throw you off when doing comparison shopping. Keep a notebook with cost per oz. from other stores and take your calculator. Most are good prices but many items can be bought equal or cheaper on a per oz. price at WalMart in smaller boxes. Be careful.
That's very true. You are right on. You have to look at the unit price. Also, I've seen the same thing at Target, Walmart, etc for less money for things like electronics, tires, batteries and stuff like that. On the other hand, they have some really good deals on some items.
East TN

United States

#24 Oct 13, 2011
Any new news on Costco, anyone see any building going on?
Fred Davis

Johnson City, TN

#25 Oct 13, 2011
East TN wrote:
Any new news on Costco, anyone see any building going on?
All I know is that some of their department heads are moving here soon. I know of one that has bought a house.
East TN

United States

#26 Oct 13, 2011
Thank you Fred! That is great news.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#27 Oct 13, 2011
I've never heard of Costco. So is that a grocery store chain, or more like a Wal-Mart, and what differentiates it from either of those two types of other stores. For instance is it better (ie. lower prices/higher quality) then say a Super Wal-Mart?
Fred Davis

Johnson City, TN

#28 Oct 13, 2011
TN Reader wrote:
I've never heard of Costco. So is that a grocery store chain, or more like a Wal-Mart, and what differentiates it from either of those two types of other stores. For instance is it better (ie. lower prices/higher quality) then say a Super Wal-Mart?
It is a big warehouse club kind of like Sam's. It is much, much better than Sam's though. They have a LOT more stuff and the have it consistently. They also have way more name brands. It is also much less expensive, or at least it used to be. I haven't been there is a few years, so it could have changed. It is weird though, you can even order a casket there, I hear.
Fred Davis

Johnson City, TN

#29 Oct 13, 2011
I haven;t seen anything in the news lately, but I did find this from back in June.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/jun/26/cost...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graphic Design Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sushi Express Logo Design Contest:US$20,000 Oct 8 suishi 1
Art 101 Gallery leaves downtown for Medina (Jan '10) Oct 4 One of Many 16
Bahrain Works Ministry achieves 53% progress in... Aug '14 KARAM BALOCH 1
Sushi Express Logo Design Contest:US$20,000 Aug '14 suishi 1
'You're Not Alone': Dads Who Blog Redefine Mode... Aug '14 Maggie Gallaghers... 5
Robin Williams dead Aug '14 Big mike 7
Russians Fooled By Climbing Spider Monster Graphic Aug '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 2

Graphic Design People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE