Art 101 Gallery leaves downtown for Medina

Dec 2, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ashland Times-Gazette

Another storefront in downtown Ashland is now empty. Art 101 Gallery, which opened in October 2007, relocated to Medina in late November, leaving vacant the recently renovated space on the west end of Main Street.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2013
a former customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 5, 2010
 

Judged:

9

4

4

Be very cautious patronizing this store the owner, Lisa Warner Bond is very dishonest.
artist

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

12

10

8

I feel I should write Lisa has called me and has said she will pay me and return my other paintings. I will update when that actually happens, but I'm glad to be in contact with her.

That being said, I still do not trust her. She does not run a professional business. She said it was my fault for not writing an invoice for the piece sold and for not being more involved with the gallery. The piece was displayed at a restaurant--how was I to know it sold?

Furthermore, I received no notification that the gallery was relocating. A simple email would have been sufficient, as I receive all the emails she sends out regarding gallery openings and such.
artist

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 20, 2010
 
new comment
artist

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 20, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

3

I feel I should update concerning my above posts. Please disregard as there was a misunderstanding and I was upset when writing--Lisa actually contacted me very quickly that day. She called me back only three hours after I called her, and we arranged for me to receive the money and my paintings. We have since discussed the misunderstanding, and I am embarrassed at the above posts, as clearly they are unprofessional on my end. Lisa has handled everything very professionally, and I hope the editors of this website will remove these posts immediately.
Bethany Porter
artist

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 5, 2011
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Lisa has only sold one painting of mine out of Gallery 101. She did not notify me that it was sold until I called to tell her I intended to pick it up. That was last year and she has not yet honored that sale by paying me my commission.
Dean

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 10, 2012
 
artist wrote:
I feel I should update concerning my above posts. Please disregard as there was a misunderstanding and I was upset when writing--Lisa actually contacted me very quickly that day. She called me back only three hours after I called her, and we arranged for me to receive the money and my paintings. We have since discussed the misunderstanding, and I am embarrassed at the above posts, as clearly they are unprofessional on my end. Lisa has handled everything very professionally, and I hope the editors of this website will remove these posts immediately.
Bethany Porter
I am wondering if you still feel the same as your above post quote. I have recently been contacted by Lisa ...yet to respond, however.
Ohio Artist

Butler, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 11, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Artists beware. Lisa has spun me in circles with promises.
As long as you're her buddy and doing her favors - all is well.
Once you ask for payment on artwork sold then the diversions begin.
Interesting that one can never speak with the "assistants" that occasionally sign the emails.

The rules change constantly, she is stalling on payments to me for paintings accepted by a client and paid for by a client.
another Ohio artist

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

2

this gallery and Lisa Bond in nothing more than a a criminal and a thief. I waited over 4 months to have my property returned from her and was given a lot of false promises. She takes advantage of artist and literally takes them for a ride. As the other poster from Cincinnati has stated she lies to people about everything, never responds to inquiry about one's work being sold, and signs emails in factitious names of individuals that do not exist. I highly advise all to stay away and report this individual to the authorities so that we can close here con game and so called place of business. Somebody like this does not belong nor deserves to represent hard working artist that are trying to make a living through their art.
another Ohio artist

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

2

Ohio Artist wrote:
Artists beware. Lisa has spun me in circles with promises.
As long as you're her buddy and doing her favors - all is well.
Once you ask for payment on artwork sold then the diversions begin.
Interesting that one can never speak with the "assistants" that occasionally sign the emails.
The rules change constantly, she is stalling on payments to me for paintings accepted by a client and paid for by a client.
this is the same exact problem I have had with these criminals too!
SPiper

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

4

I am a working artist and personally involved in Art 101 Gallery and know this post to be untrue. In fact, I have read correspondence between you and Lisa Bond and I find your complaints unjustified. Most of the artists who are members of Art 101 Gallery are cooperative and business-minded. There are a few who do not follow the membership guidelines and some who think the gallery revolves around them. You were asked to submit an inventory request form of your paintings and to make an appointment to pick up your work. You know there are two galleries and selling art and meeting with clients takes precedence over setting aside time to meet with an unhappy artist. Further, you failed to honor a layaway sale by requesting the sold piece and refusing to refund the client’s deposit. It was agreed you would come to the gallery on Saturday to get your paintings. You never submitted an inventory return list. On Saturday, two unknown women came to the gallery, without an appointment, to pick up your work without a written authorization and disrupting business by being threatening. We emailed you immediately and asked that you send written authorization and asking what time they would be returning. Lisa prepared an Inventory Return Form and had your paintings stacked outside the gallery. I personally met you on Saturday and handled the return of your inventory. To say that Lisa or any other staff member was rude and uncooperative is not true. You failed to follow simple procedures, disrupted a very busy day at the gallery, including my work and clients, and then chose to be totally unprofessional by stopping passersby and bad mouthing the gallery. I have personally been involved with artists picking up inventory and never have I witnessed any artist complain or be disruptive. They each followed protocol and scheduled a convenient time to pick up their work. I have sold a lot of art through the gallery and I have always been paid for sales and commissions. I find Lisa Bond to be honest, fair, reasonable, and a very hardworking agent of the artists represented by the gallery.
dissatisfied

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Lisa is very dishonest and tries to blame her own issues on others. I will have nothing more to do with her or her gallery and she has yet to fulfill an agreement from 2 years ago. Don't deal with the galleries or her or you will be spammed.
Victim of Art101 Thievery

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

SPiper wrote:
I am a working artist and personally involved in Art 101 Gallery and know this post to be untrue. In fact, I have read correspondence between you and Lisa Bond and I find your complaints unjustified. Most of the artists who are members of Art 101 Gallery are cooperative and business-minded. There are a few who do not follow the membership guidelines and some who think the gallery revolves around them. You were asked to submit an inventory request form of your paintings and to make an appointment to pick up your work. You know there are two galleries and selling art and meeting with clients takes precedence over setting aside time to meet with an unhappy artist. Further, you failed to honor a layaway sale by requesting the sold piece and refusing to refund the client’s deposit. It was agreed you would come to the gallery on Saturday to get your paintings. You never submitted an inventory return list. On Saturday, two unknown women came to the gallery, without an appointment, to pick up your work without a written authorization and disrupting business by being threatening. We emailed you immediately and asked that you send written authorization and asking what time they would be returning. Lisa prepared an Inventory Return Form and had your paintings stacked outside the gallery. I personally met you on Saturday and handled the return of your inventory. To say that Lisa or any other staff member was rude and uncooperative is not true. You failed to follow simple procedures, disrupted a very busy day at the gallery, including my work and clients, and then chose to be totally unprofessional by stopping passersby and bad mouthing the gallery. I have personally been involved with artists picking up inventory and never have I witnessed any artist complain or be disruptive. They each followed protocol and scheduled a convenient time to pick up their work. I have sold a lot of art through the gallery and I have always been paid for sales and commissions. I find Lisa Bond to be honest, fair, reasonable, and a very hardworking agent of the artists represented by the gallery.
Lisa, this message you wrote makes you pretty transparent & I'm glad you made it public. There is no question that you are attempting to twist words to make yourself the victim here. Most business owners would implement a process that simplifies tracking of inventory to make things easier for everyone. Instead you create these webs of lies that hurt everyone involved. You're manipulating ways will soon catch up with you & you will no longer be a face of a business, but rather the face of Ohio crime watch. Lisa not only steals from the artists naive of her criminal practices, she also steals from the clients that are anticipating a typical, honest transaction. Word to the wise: If you are dead set on purchasing artwork from Lisa Bond art101, ensure that you have everything in your possession & out of her reach prior to paying for anything or you too will get caught up in her latest scam. It would also be nice to see the record showing she actually paid the artist considering that is who the clients are truly interested in & not the self-proclaimed "interior designer/art dealer" she claims to be. The fact that she had to close up shop & run away from Ashland & start over should speak for itself! BEWARE!!!
The Real Lisa

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 17, 2013
 

Judged:

6

2

2

I think it is time the real Lisa Warner Bond stands up for everyone she has taken on a ride be it both artists and her clients/customers. The sweet innocence Lisa portrays to reel one in and snag them hard at the end (and this is all in her timing) is beyond words. Listen hard to those of us who have been taken in so many ways. Contract or no contract, Lisa will always come up in the front line and then take YOUR NAME and throw it through a wind tunnel of those who wish to call her friends and help spread untruths of how she never does any wrong. Listen up folks. Art 101 Gallery should not be run by an individual thief such as Lisa.
AnotherVictim

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

2

I, as an artist, have also fallen victim to this dishonest woman and her manipulative business. I am wondering if any artist has actually been paid for their work? Has any one taken legal matters against this crooked individual and scamming business?
Scott

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Ummm she is about to end up in court for more of her shadiness. She owes several people money from the Wooster Gallery. Hell she gave away one of my prints away for free and never paid me. Plus destroyed two of my frames without replacing them. Thats ok. she is about to get her ass handed to her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••