Was Jesus a black man?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

CENTRAL KGN

#1 Jul 17, 2007
i believe he was...
Afrobabe

Holmdel, NJ

#2 Jul 23, 2007
He was. It says in the bible that his hair was like that of pure wool and his skin was like burnt brass. The images of white jesus are false.
sTaRwArRiOr

Clarkston, MI

#3 Sep 24, 2007
You're totally right Afrobabe,the one the world calls Jesus Christ was indeed a black man. The original hebrews were a group of black people descended from Y'srael(Jacob)whom was from the line of Shem;Shem was a black man just like his parents and his two brothers,Ham and Yapheth:Remember that pure black cannot come from pure white. He was from the tribe of Yahuda(Judah)so therefore he was a "Jew" but not the kind of jews you see around Israel today;they are either Khazars or some type of European converts and/or imposters. The black people who have lived in the Holy Land for centuries still live there today but in a much smaller population than in the past. The media won't show Americans these people nor will they reveal to them who GOD'S chosen people are. There was and is no nation of people known as "Jews" because they were and are only a portion of the Nation of Israel, which was and is comprised of 12 tribes.All the original nations were dark or what people today would call black! People don't seem to understand this and it's pretty sad but it's a part of the Bible's prophecy....
reggie

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2007
ham and shem were black men their ancesters were always being misteaken for one another in the bible japheth ancesters produce the white race although he was black, also as well as his father and so forth all the way to adam biblical proof. climatic changes and aboriginal or albino africans prduce the white race and every race in between this is scripture. jesus ancesters are from ham and sham pure black africans.
James_holifield

Detroit, MI

#5 Feb 24, 2009
I pray that our schools and these churches will start telling the truth about world history and the true images of Christ and all the other individuals in the bible.
Peace and blessing
truth

New York, NY

#6 Mar 12, 2009
Jesus is a man of mixed ethnicities. GOD made us all in his image so as many ethnicities is GOD> Jesus was a mixture of all that is GOD. He is described as having bronze skin and eyes like a flame...etc... I think it is wrong that the Roman Catholic Church and other pagan worshipers have created these pictures of JESUS and claiming that he is only one ethnic phenotype.
I have proof that the picture of "Jesus" that is common was painted by an artist who used a family member to pose for him well after Jesus had died. I am talking many centuries after Jesus died these false paintings sprung up from the Roman Catholic church.
At the end of the day it is most important that you know that Jesus is a representation of all of us. No one group can claim Christ soley because, as a true Christian, you would know Jesus died for us all. This is the falicy of people to act as they are the chosen ones and create a class system likened to colonialism.
truth

New York, NY

#7 Mar 12, 2009
The ten commandments states that no one is to create graven images of anything of heaven or earth and pray to them. The pictures are a form of paganism. People worship those pictures on their walls of a man that was an artist interpretation of Christ whom he never met due to the fact the painter of the original picture lived centuries after Christ died. If you are unaware of why you should not have pictures and statues of what someone thinks is GOD or any entitiy related to GOD then read your Bible. The ten commandments state very clearly what not to and what to do. NO GRAVEN IMAGES.
truth

New York, NY

#8 Mar 12, 2009
"You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."
This is a sin. Anyone that has any form of an idol..for example Pictures-statues-charms-online art-etc... is sinning. Catholic churches are pagan worshipers. I see them praying to statues of what someone thinks are the saints(which is false)and these people think they are going to get a blessing from a piece of wood. It is a false religion just like Buddism or any other pagan religion. The idea of praying to a piece of stone or wood or plastic is silly and unbelievable. Common sense would tell you it doesn't bring you "luck" good or bad.
If people followed this commandment then we would not have a blog arguing on what Jesus's supposed "race" is. "The road to salvation is narrow and only a few find it......."
truth

New York, NY

#9 Mar 12, 2009
I have faith that Jesus-GOD is real and we will all find out the truth when we die. The fact that all of us will stop living is proof enough for me. You cannot save yourself and create a new body for yourself.
Nubi

Lumberton, NC

#10 Aug 23, 2009
Jesus had wooly hair and his feet were brown like bronze so i think he would have been black.
truthisdivine

AOL

#11 Sep 7, 2009
Afrobabe wrote:
He was. It says in the bible that his hair was like that of pure wool and his skin was like burnt brass. The images of white jesus are false.
what nonsense..this is just poetic heresy..there's no proof, 100% with absolute authority that he was black, white, oriental or otherwise.. no one really knows for sure..and who the hell cares anyhow? what are you going to say when and if you discover that jesus ( the alleged carpenter) wasn't divine at all and isn't what you claim him to be? then your whole argument collapses. whatever will be will be..one day we will all know the truth..until then, do soemthing constructive with your life..serve humanity and G-D with humility..the meek shall inherit the earth, not the bold. or so they say.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#12 Sep 17, 2009
Afrobabe wrote:
He was. It says in the bible that his hair was like that of pure wool and his skin was like burnt brass. The images of white jesus are false.
Pure wool is generally an off white cream color, although it can be brown or black. The image of pure wool generally implies whiteness. I got curious and looked around but could find no image of burnt brass. Brass used in cooking tends to get black but when kept clean it is largely yellow and darker when tarnished.

The image of a jaundiced man with white hair is the best I can do with the image.

Any person who is routinely exposed to sunlight will get darker skin, and we see this in pictures from around the world.

There is a curious old book, a copy of which I once saw, called "God Willed the Negro" in which he argues, among other things, that the ancient Egyptians would have looked more or less like the "American Negro." His reasoning was that they occupied territory between the black Africans and the fairer skinned people to the north and would have naturally has some traits of both groups. I never knew what to make of this proposition, but I once lived in Detroit above a Black Muslim book store on Lincoln and they sold a lot of Egyptian statues with painted black faces despite the originals being more ocher than black.

As for the rest of the God Willed the Negro book, I never read the rest of it, although it may be somewhere around still, and I don't know what sort of book it really is.

I think I have run across this general idea elsewhere but it's hard to be sure.

At any rate it seems reasonable to assume that the people of the lands of the western Mediterranean would have been relatively dark complected.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#13 Sep 17, 2009
Sorry, that should be Eastern Mediterranean.
Rose

North Hollywood, CA

#14 Sep 17, 2009

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#15 Sep 17, 2009
Rose wrote:
So?
Engiman

West Palm Beach, FL

#16 Oct 1, 2009
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure wool is generally an off white cream color, although it can be brown or black. The image of pure wool generally implies whiteness. I got curious and looked around but could find no image of burnt brass. Brass used in cooking tends to get black but when kept clean it is largely yellow and darker when tarnished.
The image of a jaundiced man with white hair is the best I can do with the image.
Any person who is routinely exposed to sunlight will get darker skin, and we see this in pictures from around the world.
There is a curious old book, a copy of which I once saw, called "God Willed the Negro" in which he argues, among other things, that the ancient Egyptians would have looked more or less like the "American Negro." His reasoning was that they occupied territory between the black Africans and the fairer skinned people to the north and would have naturally has some traits of both groups. I never knew what to make of this proposition, but I once lived in Detroit above a Black Muslim book store on Lincoln and they sold a lot of Egyptian statues with painted black faces despite the originals being more ocher than black.
As for the rest of the God Willed the Negro book, I never read the rest of it, although it may be somewhere around still, and I don't know what sort of book it really is.
I think I have run across this general idea elsewhere but it's hard to be sure.
At any rate it seems reasonable to assume that the people of the lands of the western Mediterranean would have been relatively dark complected.
If you go to youtube and look the video American black people in the bible you will see how he looks
meh

Tatabánya, Hungary

#17 Nov 4, 2009
Jesus was Hebrew. Do many Hebrews look black to you? They seem light brown/brown to me, similar to Arabs.
meh

Tatabánya, Hungary

#18 Nov 4, 2009
This question seems like an attempt to glorify black men after centuries of oppression. Oppression is no reason to glorify anyone.
SIS FREEDOM

Gilford, NH

#19 Dec 16, 2009
laojim wrote:
Sorry, that should be Eastern Mediterranean.

Brother Jim,,,,I read ur post with EXTREME Interest
(regarding Jesus or, as i call Yashua's roots) and
their EGYPTIAN connection. This is a subject I
am studying seriously as I have heard this connection
previously,,,,,and it is the ONLY one that give I a truly complete answer (though, of course, we cannot prove it with so-call'evidence) I am NOT a bible scholar by any means,,,,but the words that guide us in The Book ARE there to be interpretted.. SO, I am interested in discussing this Egptian Roots more,,,,I am going to (at this moment) begin to search for this book u have mentioned...I am a writer, and as a writer,,,need SOLID GROUND to stand upon when I am speakin the Beliefs that Yashua WAS a Black Man.....I realize MANY love him and his color is of no matter,
BUT, there are many Other's who WANT to know.......I am of this
group.
Bless, Brother,,,,if u reply we may have a further discusson. Bless
mario

Gilbertsville, PA

#20 Dec 20, 2009
shalam to all i just want to say a little something about my YHWH our the YHWH of israel that is meen the sons of jacob.WELL HERE IS AN ANSWER do you think the YHWH is dark skin yes he was and is clear tell you in the bible if you read the bible and you can understan then you see but i am going to give you couple scriptures her revelations 1;13 and read daniel 10;5-6 remember if you understand is for you if you dont iam sorry is not for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fine Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Clinton: - Chocolate City' and Funk's Fu... (Jul '12) Jul 15 Funkin_is_my_game 3
News Mexican-American artist Alfredo Arreguin paints... Jul 9 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Alma Thomas' Earthly drawings and paintings on ... May '15 Will Dockery 1
News Virginia man in Confederate flag flap stands by... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Don 1
News Is Architecture "Racist"? (Oct '14) Oct '14 Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 7
News New Work by Robert Beck On View in Lambertville (Oct '14) Oct '14 Lynell 1
News Boston Museum of Fine Arts celebrating Diwali (Oct '14) Oct '14 rehan khan 1
More from around the web