Lata mourns Rajesh Khanna's death

Jul 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newkerala.com

Mumbai, July 18: Legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar on Wednesday mourned the death of Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2012
Sandeep 1234

Markham, Canada

#1 Jul 27, 2012
July 27, 2012.
My Dear Lata Mangeshkarji,
I am devastated, shattered and ruined after coming to know the unfortunate demise and death of Mr. Rajesh Khanna populalry known as " Kaka " at the Age of 69.5 Years.
I know, you have sung many popular duets for him and his leading ladies viz. Sharmila Tagore, Mumtaz, Zeenat Aman, Hema Malini, Asha Parekh etc. along-with the Late Legendary Singer Kishore Kumar.
Mr. Rajesh Khanna shall always remain in our heart and he shall remain immortal in our minds and in our hearts. No Doubt, Mr. Rajesh Khanna, was a phenomenon and a real Super-Star. His Legacy cannot be matched by anyone. He was and shall reamin a Unique Icon Symbol.
May Almighty God bless, Late Mr. Rajesh Khanna's eternal soul.
Thanks Lataji, for reading my small article and comments.
Regards,
Sandeep R. Sehgal.
Nag shankar

Guntur, India

#3 Jul 27, 2012
When kakaji was ill and hospitalised, lataji spoke up to the khanna for one last time enquired about his health. In the end , Rajesh said since you have spoken to me I will be fine. When lataji said namaste to end the telephonic conversation, rajesh said jai mata di instead of namaste. May be, phiosophic end of converstation between two greats. Perhaps, rajesh knew there would be no further conversation between the two greats. As sandeep has said rajesh will continue to live in our inner hearts through the great songs of lataji and kishore kumar songs. Kakaji alway be happy in the above heaven.
rajeshkhannafan

Singapore, Singapore

#4 Jul 27, 2012
Singapore, Singapore

1 min ago

You know what? With the advent of electronic media none of our videos/films will ever ever die . so even 200 yrs from now it will be possible to google rajesh khanna and see everything like today.
At that time i am sure that kaka will score over all else from our time because of his values and eternal love that he propagated in his films and his immortal songs..people may even be studying his songs like we do shakespeare,tansen,thyagaraja today.

what does Amitabh have to offer to eternity? Red eyes, anger , hatred and violent frustrated fantasies ..that resonated with a frustrated generation of the license permit raj of the 70s. Today's kids dont want that..they do not relate to that. why? Because for most kids , a better life is possible .The UGLY truth then of AB's films is that even TODAY they are dated and look like C grade assembly line exploitative action pictures with highly strung emotions to bring out the beast in us.
So in the long march of time Kaka will be the face of the 20th and 21st centuries...no one else.
I wish i could have been there on 18 july 2500 to say I told u so. maybe people will read this humble prophecy then !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cinema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bachchan's popularity defies all norms (Aug '06) 13 hr Atiq 1,264
The Richest Actors in the World Are Not Who You... 14 hr sandy 3
Fan trip to Delhi to catch Kaka film Thu Tester 14
Rajesh Khanna's Live-in-Partner Anita Advani De... (Jul '12) Aug 25 dev333 24
Record breaker Kumar Sanu talks about music (Aug '07) Aug 23 Anonymous 210
Rohit Shetty would like to make 'Bad Boys' with... Aug 19 golu basod patlawad 2
Big B is the only King in Bollywood, says Akshay (Aug '08) Aug 16 prakum 29
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••