anilu

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Hey! I'm new here..I'm 14 and I'm from Montrrey,Mexico..
My question is..haw can I clean my poines?
They's Capezio Pvlowa..
and I have another ones
Blocj Sonata
anilu

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

sorry what I wrote cae out wrong..
here's again..

Hey! I'm new here..I'm 14 and I'm from Montrrey,Mexico..
My question is..how can I clean my poines?
They's Capezio Pavlowa..
and I have another ones
Bloch Sonata
Lilly

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

well I don't think That is possible but it should would be cool!! Does anyone clean their pointe shoes in some way?! MY shoes get so gray looking so fast! heh
Merry

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Mebbie you could paint them!!^_^
Lilly

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

that would be pretty cool!!!... but I don't think that is good for them because the moisture breaks pointe shoes down and when you dance in them the paint would probably crack and peel off and than they would look EVEN more ugly, haha
Merry

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

Oh....*is sheepish* Guess that would happen, huh. But you could....*thinks hard* DYE them!! Yep!! That's what you should do!! Dye 'em black so the dirt don't show up!!*gringrin* You'd look cool with black shoes ay!!
Lilly

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

lol, yeh...
Merry

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2006

Would that work? O.O *is very surprised* CAN you dye pointe shoes?
Lilly

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2006

I dunno, actually you would probably ruin them doing that too, but I have see different colored point shoes!! they probably dye that satin before making the shoe though...I really don't know haha!
Merry

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2006

Oh yeah...that'd make more sense. Cos you DO see coloured pointe shows in ballets and stuff. So they must do it somehow!!........ Would puting your shoes in alcohol and then walking around in them ruin them too?
Lilly

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2006

Well I dunno about drowning them in alcohol but some people put alcohol on their shoes to soften them up. Some people use it around their bunnions. Alcohol is much better than water, i've heard because it doesn't leave a messy stained mark like water does.
Merry

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2006

Oh!! I did wonder!! I read this book, and the girl put her shoes in alcohol and walked in them till they were dry!! Never said why she was doing it...I guessed they thought I should know!! But I know now!!*grins at Lily* Dunno where she got enough to put her shoes in, though...*grins again* Do you do that to your shoes?
Faith

Springfield, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

Hey girls! I'm going to start pointe work in a few weeks and I was wondering.. could you decorate them with a marker?? Even if it's not on the box so you don't ruin them?
lillpill

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

I suppose :p
Sarah

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

um idk faith srry... but back to the original topic thing.. when we did little mermaid all the pros had 2 dye their shoes this blue green color so i guss u could dye them.... but im not totaly sure
Emma

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

*nod nod* Weird, huh???? 0.o
francecsa

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

i realy really wanna no haw ols u have to be to do pointes! im 11 and i started ballet at the adge of 3! im a good danceer i get A's and B's 4 my ballet i really injoy it but haw old do u have to be to do ponite work??
Samantha

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2006

The youngest you could be is 11 yrs old to start pointe. But I started at 10. Huge mistake!! I'm now always having a jabbing pain in my ankles because I've started pointe at a very young age.
Lilly

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2006

I don't think their is an age limit, In my opinion It depends on how developed ones feet are.
Samantha

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2006

True, but even though you start pointe at 9 yrs old, you won't be allowed to do your vocational ballet exams as you're too young.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ballet Discussions

Search the Ballet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
My Husband in Tights! (Feb '09) Jul 29 Auntie Pynquo 34
As SPAC prepares for Russian ballet, local Ukra... Jul 28 Glory-Ukraine_org 1
Am I too old to begin Ballet? (Dec '08) Jul 28 Nevergiveup 38
Marley Flooring 4 sale (Apr '07) Jul 27 dave coll 81
Ingrown toenails (Oct '09) Jul 23 Dolores Brown 2
La Mirada Theatre to Screen Matthew Bourne's Sw... Jul 19 Cintib 1
'The Red Shoes' among classic movies in NYC the... (Nov '09) Jul 15 Rodham 19
•••
•••