Bloch split sole ballet shoes

Bloch split sole ballet shoes

Posted in the Ballet Forum

howrandom

Grays, UK

#1 Mar 19, 2008
I was wonderin gif any one could goive me some advice. I'm thinking of buying some bloch split sole shoes off the internet but aren't sure what size to order. I'm a street shoe size 6. at the moment i've got So Danca full sole shoes in a 5 but they're a bit big on me. Can anyone tell me how Bloch sizes compare to street sizes?
Thanks for your help

“dance”

Since: Oct 07

in Wyoming

#2 Mar 21, 2008
howrandom wrote:
I was wonderin gif any one could goive me some advice. I'm thinking of buying some bloch split sole shoes off the internet but aren't sure what size to order. I'm a street shoe size 6. at the moment i've got So Danca full sole shoes in a 5 but they're a bit big on me. Can anyone tell me how Bloch sizes compare to street sizes?
Thanks for your help
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Please don't!!!

Get a professional fitting locally-FIRST. They have to fit your foot as though they were custom built for your foot. If you are off even the slightest and use them, you raise your chances for serious injuries. Off by a nanometer is the same as being off a kilometer.

Some injuries can be permanent and take you out of dance. Get fitted by a professional fitter that can see and touch your feet. The only thing an online person can do is just take your money and your word that you're an expert.

After you dance on the pair that is perfect for your feet the first time then you know the exact make and model of the shoe. At that point you can order on line SAFELY, not before.

BTW: Street shoe size NEVER will equate to any pointe shoe size.

Street shoe: width and length of foot

Pointe shoe: width, length, height, angle ratio of balls of the foot per metatarsals, if disappearing heel is present, strength of instep, and etc. of the foot.

Please get with a fitter first. Your safety is always number one before any fancy shoe.
Dancer

Australia

#3 Mar 22, 2008
we-ell usually they have fitting guides but i don't know how good these are...?

I have a street shoe size 8-8.5, and a bloch full sole ballet shoe size 6D if this helps??

“dance”

in Wyoming

#4 Mar 22, 2008
Dancer wrote:
we-ell usually they have fitting guides but i don't know how good these are...?
I have a street shoe size 8-8.5, and a bloch full sole ballet shoe size 6D if this helps??
Bloch is a great brand, but all their styles are not even sized the same. Synergy, Axioms, Morphs, Serenade, Suprima, and Signature Rehearsals are some examples full sole pointe shoes by Bloch and the seem to vary in size up to a size and a half. Bloch has far more styles than this.

Also, lets note that we are from different countries here and street shoe size standards are different, too.

What works fabulous for you does not work for someone else with your exact street shoe size just for the reasons I mentioned in my first post on this thread.

I've done too many fittings on my students to know that the exact street shoe size means absolutely nothing when it comes to a precise pointe shoe fit.
Dancer

Adelaide, Australia

#5 Mar 23, 2008
Ok, I know this!

You haven't yet realised that this perspn is talking about BALLET FLATS, NOT pointe shoes.

It is definately NOT as dangerous to order ballet flats from the intenet! The onlt thing you really risk is incorrect sizing, which is pretty much just a waste of your money!

I also agree NOT to order pointe shoes from the internet!

You can tell the poster is asking for ballet flats (or practise shoes, or soft shoes - all the same thing) because she says:

"I'm thinking of buying some bloch split sole shoes off the internet but aren't sure what size to order. I'm a street shoe size 6. at the moment i've got So Danca full sole shoes in a 5"

She clearly says: bloch split sole shoes - NOT bloch 3/4 shank pointe shoes, or bloch 1/2 shank pointe shoes.

She also says - i have So Danca full sole shoes. From what I know, So Danca does NOT make pointe shoes. If they do, people don't genrally call pointe shoes "full sole."

And people don't genrally call pointe shoes "split sole" either.

I know that pointe shoes and street shoes are completely different sizings, and bloch has many different sizings.

“dance”

in Wyoming

#6 Mar 24, 2008
Dancer wrote:
Ok, I know this!
You haven't yet realised that this perspn is talking about BALLET FLATS, NOT pointe shoes.
It is definately NOT as dangerous to order ballet flats from the intenet! The onlt thing you really risk is incorrect sizing, which is pretty much just a waste of your money!
I also agree NOT to order pointe shoes from the internet!
You can tell the poster is asking for ballet flats (or practise shoes, or soft shoes - all the same thing) because she says:
"I'm thinking of buying some bloch split sole shoes off the internet but aren't sure what size to order. I'm a street shoe size 6. at the moment i've got So Danca full sole shoes in a 5"
She clearly says: bloch split sole shoes - NOT bloch 3/4 shank pointe shoes, or bloch 1/2 shank pointe shoes.
She also says - i have So Danca full sole shoes. From what I know, So Danca does NOT make pointe shoes. If they do, people don't genrally call pointe shoes "full sole."
And people don't genrally call pointe shoes "split sole" either.
I know that pointe shoes and street shoes are completely different sizings, and bloch has many different sizings.
I am truly sorry! I did misunderstand.

BUT, there are quite a few companies that do make split sole pointe shoes out there!

That was a mistake on my part and I do apologize.

“dance”

in Wyoming

#7 Mar 24, 2008
http://www.dancewearsolutions.com/default.asp...

I was under the impression that this is something like what the original poster was referring.

Again I am sorry.
Dancer

Clearview, Australia

#8 Mar 25, 2008
I'm sorry too!:(

The poster probably should be more clear!

Wow! I didn't know they actually had split sole pointes!

That probably wouldn't give much support though?

“dance”

in Wyoming

#9 Mar 25, 2008
Dancer wrote:
I'm sorry too!:(
The poster probably should be more clear!
Wow! I didn't know they actually had split sole pointes!
That probably wouldn't give much support though?
Hey, no worries....LOL

But in the case of a split sole pointe shoe, it's only the sole that is split and not the shank. Those you have to decide full or 3/4 shank still.

There are those hardcore advanced dancers that don't even want shanks at all and ripp out the shank and want the split sole look, but that's a whole other issue.=)

I'm still blushing over the fact that I missed that other possibility you stated. Eeek!
k-beeleotardscom

Provo, UT

#10 Feb 28, 2011
I would think that as convenient as buying things online is, that it would be extremely unpractical for dancers to buy their ballet shoes that way. I would just go into a local shop and find something that way. Same things goes for leotards and everything else. Good luck!
A Dancer

Nottingham, UK

#12 Nov 26, 2011
Getting correctly fitted ballet shoes is of paramount importance due to the type of footwork required so if in doubt as to what size you need,it is probably best to play safe and purchase locally so that you can try them on before you buy. The only downside, as may be said when purchasing any other dancewear clothes is that you may be restricted for choice. http://www.dancewearclothes.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ballet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A hora away from professional, Misgav's troupes... Jul 18 Dme Jeannette Ordman 1
is 14 too late to start ballet and go onto pointe? (Jun '11) Jul 12 Gilmore25363 130
Win FREE new stretching equipment FOR LIFE + DA... Jul 11 EverStretch_Debbie 1
Mosquitoe Ballet at Rio de Show Jul 10 Far Out There Shows 1
Austerity Nutcrackers in Nude a Flop Jul 2 Danny Danieliani 1
Other's Videos Used In Audition Jun 27 International Dan... 1
News After just one year of training, Whittier High ... Jun '16 Mincommi Vance 2
More from around the web