Private Lessons
Emma

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 7, 2012
Hi
I take ballet five days a week with four different teachers. Three out of the four teachers seem very confident with my skill level and often compliment me on what I am doing, but the fourth teacher seems to really dislike me. She is either ignoring me or picking on me. For pointe, she put me back at the bar even though none of my other teachers say that they would like to. She is always commenting on my skill level and how I am behind all of the other girls in my class. The other day she said that in a few weeks she would like to consider doing private lessons with me because she thinks that my technique and muscle development is behind the other girls in my class. How should I react to this? How can I deal with a teacher who seems to hate me?
Ava

Edinburgh, UK

#2 Oct 13, 2012
Ask an adult to speak on ur behalf if doesn't improve dump her
Emma wrote:
Hi
I take ballet five days a week with four different teachers. Three out of the four teachers seem very confident with my skill level and often compliment me on what I am doing, but the fourth teacher seems to really dislike me. She is either ignoring me or picking on me. For pointe, she put me back at the bar even though none of my other teachers say that they would like to. She is always commenting on my skill level and how I am behind all of the other girls in my class. The other day she said that in a few weeks she would like to consider doing private lessons with me because she thinks that my technique and muscle development is behind the other girls in my class. How should I react to this? How can I deal with a teacher who seems to hate me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ballet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Injured - how long will it take to heal? (Jun '07) Aug 19 oinck 91
New Ballet on Trump Aug 19 trumpjunck prods 1
News Fiesta Latina heats things upJune 19th, 2017 Jun '17 I love the southwest 1
Marley Flooring 4 sale (Apr '07) Jun '17 SunDust Studio 96
Very Short Ballet Video. What do you think? May '17 Trumpistany Arts ... 3
Ballets Need To Honor Trump May '17 Trumpistan Arts C... 1
is 14 too late to start ballet and go onto pointe? (Jun '11) Apr '17 Dancer1079973 148
More from around the web