Need advice, 17years old and starting Ballet!

Posted in the Ballet Forum

June Aras

Delta, Canada

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Hi, I was hoping that I could get advice. First off, I am 17yrs old and have always loved to dance, i love how it looks and how it makes you feel. I currently ride horses 4 days a week and love the sport but i feel I am doing more work around the stable then actually riding the horse. I love the horses but i noticed my flame for horseback riding is slowly being put out. I don't wish to give up completely on horseback riding due to the fact that I have been comitted for 7 years and designed my life around it. Here is the thing, after not being able to dance due to the cost of a studio and no time on my part I finally found a place five minutes from where i live that only costs 15bucks for a drop-in rate (no committment) I have gone to three sessions of the ballet classes once a week for a hour. Even though I have waken up the next day barley functional I have become even more fond of ballet the more i do it and wish i couold do more.

The ballet teacher is an amazing teacher and super helpful to me and my body type.
I am at the point in my life where i have no idea what to do!!!!
I want to continue the drop in sessions but ii suddenly want to learn more and work harder but it kind of feels too little, too late.
Also, my parents have invested so much into my riding that I would feel like a spoiled brat if i asked them to keep me ridingand let me do ballet (horseback riding is a very time consuming, expensive sport)

I am super stumped and I really want help exploring my options, thank you so much
XXXX-June
June Aras

Delta, Canada

#2 Feb 9, 2013
forgot to mention, I am not looking to become professional. I just want to have fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ballet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much of a difference is there between Russi... (Jun '08) Apr 25 dancer 16
Injured - how long will it take to heal? (Jun '07) Apr 25 Kathy 71
News Program 7 - Caprice, Four Temperaments, and Swi... Apr 16 kelly 1
News Winemaker setting up on Main Apr 14 guest 1
Dance Degrees & Professional Jobs Survey Apr 13 Susaluda 1
News 'Dance Moms' duo to appear at studio (Jun '13) Apr 7 Old prodsncer16 48
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white Mar '15 6849gkfj 1
More from around the web