DanceWright Project review

Sep 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SFGate

Leda Pennell of the DanceWright Project performs in the premiere of Jamie Ray Wright's "Beauty." Photo: Weidong Yang / SF The fall dance season opened on a less than auspicious note Friday evening at Dance Mission Theater where the DanceWright Project produced an evening of works that only a friend of the participants could love.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Sonomastatedance r2b

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

Well, I thought it was supposed to be the equal to the Russian River Homeless Dance Theatre. At RRHD they pick up homelss people in a bus and take them to the theatre and give them limiting instructions and then the curtain goes up and the lights start flashing & the music booming and they begin running around and hollering and taking off their clothes and REALLY dancing in fear and divine confusion. Afterwards it is tough to get them out, they loved it so much. They get a shower and some food and the bus drops them off to stagger around while live streamed in an adjoining town not too close. The evenings are long but truly Dionisian. This show was only superficially similar. No discernible technique, meaning, beginning, end or middle.
ValDihnSSU

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

RU NUTZ? this not be discussed. why then have at grove? for security, discretions and secrecy. U R causing embarassment of attentions. Read your invitation "not to be disseminated" also plz now do not refer no more. BE QUIET.
santarosadancer2 b

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

we went 2 the show at SsF mission because teacher was given tickets by performered. I am student and will B ballerina!!! there was no homelss peoples or bums only outside street. the show was long & kinda like a school show where nobody knows what goin on & scared 2 ask. what R the bums got 2 do with ballet dancing??? I want 2B nuttcracker princess in 2 yrs. we had burittos!!
Billy Staarz

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

can i get into this stuff and write a report?
Petaluma Patti

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Hi, Y'all.
I don't know what you mean about this at all.

The show was as beatiful as it could be and my mom say that all dancers id fruuts any way.

Just love the tootoos and the toe shoes and the smell an peter tchackovsky.

The bathroom had some stuff going on.

There was no good stuff at the fountain and diner at chinese on mission blvd sux.
Cymbidium Cotati

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

My mother works at Feyaoa Winery in the tasting room. I take dancing classes at Cotati. I love the mirrors and the music and changing clothes.
Visiting Petaluma Califor

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Where can we go to see the homeless people's ballet? we are here for two weeks each year and have never heard of this before. do they rellay round up homeless people and then dump them in the theatre and watch them as they react to the lights and music and so how do you get them to not just run off or, as my husband says Run Amok? we stay in the north sr area, round barn, so we could go almost anywhere. please let us know and provide too some data on tickets and safety. this sounds so cool. we trust the homeless are not too discomfitted by the experience.
Viola One2

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Mygranny bought one of the walk in tubs and had it filled with vegetable oil so she could soften her skin, the vain old rascal. Now she is worried to0 let the stuff go down the drain and cant get out because the door wont open without the oild running out, too. We have to go to santa fe and she will be alone there . How long can she stay in vegetable oil? what a5re the true health risks here? do we need to get someone to drop in to clean up and feed her? Thank you.
Vi
viola2

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

I think this is all crazy and you california people need something.
newport ballettina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Howdy,
We saw your ballets company and loved all the nthe great tootoos and all that stuff and no sweat. how do tou dew itt? Thanks, dears
Mel Wong Jr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

I dont know what everyone istalking about. This was okay for a school recital with happy scared inebriants performin giselle on popgo stix.
winnipegger239

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Wowee!
meanmymomdanse

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

dear folks, I saw the show and loved the little snowflakes everyyear until I get too old and have to drag my brats there then. kultur wynns
Moira Shorne463ll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

THIS IS TEW MUCHO. THERE WAS NO SNOWFLAKES in gazell BUT THE TUTUS ARE SPELLED WITH A R.
fredx45a

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Hello Davey!
How are you?

This was the show with no show or intentions. No more nutzcraquerz. Nix on chakowskyi. Dumb is the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Ballet Forum right now

Search the Ballet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sarasota couple, defectors, return to Cuba with... 13 hr Zane 2
'The Red Shoes' among classic movies in NYC the... (Nov '09) Jul 10 beulah 18
is 14 too late to start ballet and go onto pointe? (Jun '11) Jul 9 LaTrina LaToona Songburd 88
Maria Tallchief passes away (Sep '13) Jul 8 blondecowgirl 3
Monique Evans crowned Miss Texas Jul 7 paddyomalley 1
Review: Ballet Concerto performs 'breezy' Summe... Jun 27 Neumeier 1
Mick Jagger's Famewhore Girlfriend, Ballerina M... Jun 23 Accessories Char 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••