Nakedness in modern dance

Nakedness in modern dance

There are 4 comments on the China Daily story from Aug 25, 2012, titled Nakedness in modern dance. In it, China Daily reports that:

Benjamin Asriel, left, and Burr Johnson in choreographer John Jasperse's "Fort Blossom revisited." Andrea Mohin / The New York Times In experimental modern dance, nakedness is now a widespread condition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at China Daily.

prunella sonoma ballets

Sonoma, CA

#1 Aug 26, 2012
the new Rohnert Park homeless ballet is also not using clothes for their new work here " the forest for the trees". The choreographer $#&&*^(() says
this is because of some kind of philosophical socio political intent that escapes me but is kinda fun once they are washed up a bit and not too rehearsed.
sonomaaurorasoon est

Sonoma, CA

#2 Aug 29, 2012
when got auditsions? i have dancse from teacher book. practice. pixtures. boorees piruettes jumpps.
ARABESQKUE

Since: Sep 12

Silver Spring, MD

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Nudity in Dance feels a bit dated.
This is the internet age, being naked isn't edgy anymore.
It feels forced. That's just my opinion.
babydanser4sebas topol

Sonoma, CA

#4 Sep 3, 2012
hi, where is the homeless ballets at now? Can we see then them naked? Is the show rated so I can go without my guardian? Is this some gay thingy?
Thank You

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ballet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Injured - how long will it take to heal? (Jun '07) Nov 8 Dancer_Cheerleader 94
About the nude ballet posts (Oct '06) Nov 1 tom 64
dancing on your toes without pointe shoes is da... (May '07) Sep '17 gyorgi ballansheeny 37
is 14 too late to start ballet and go onto pointe? (Jun '11) Sep '17 Kitty 149
My Husband in Tights! (Feb '09) Aug '17 tom 50
Ballet Trump Does Syphlide Aug '17 roy Cohn got Him 1
New Ballet on Trump Aug '17 trumpjunck prods 1
More from around the web