Double auditorium Kingdom Hall nears completion

May 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake Elsinore Valley News

TEMECULA The building of the 10,000 sq. ft. double auditorium Kingdom Hall is well under way.

Comments
41 - 54 of 54 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Caligula

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

CMWYW wrote:
<quoted text> All they have to do is be at home when we call. Better still become a Jehovah's Witness and just experience the love that we show everyone. I know that if my roof gets blown off or something similar happens. The regional building committee will come around my house and fix it promptly without me having to ask in most cases. It is better that we go to where there is needed help. There are hospitals and emergency medical facilities set up for the injured our brothers that are doctors help out at these places. It is best that we go and seek those who need help instead of 100s of thousands turn up to a kingdom hall all searching for help that we are not equipped to give.
Are you going to argue about whether we give help or not? Because we do. If you want to argue about whether we give enough help or not of course as an opposer of Gods people then you will automatically say that we don't. Either way we give help to our brothers and sisters as well as non-believers according to our means in the particular area and usually it is quite effective and is appreciated by everyone.
Are you kidding me???

just become a Jdub to get all the help you need whenever you need it?

Why does it have to be within your means at a specific area? You all have donated BILLIONS to the WTS. They could pony up some funds to help you all out with helping the people who need it anywhere.

Im not going to argue with you that Jdubs never individually help out, because they do at times. There is NO effort to establish any sort of consistent and long-term help for the needy.

And really, has your roof ever been blown off and the Jdubs have rebuilt it for you at no cost to you? Really? Be honest. Is there a local fund set up for that?

NEVER in my years as a Jdub did anyone EVER get their roof or any other personal property rebuilt for them on the WTS dime. If there was ever any help needed they were told to go to their insurance company or the local Catholic services, NO KIDDING!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Caligula wrote:
Are you kidding me???
just become a Jdub to get all the help you need whenever you need it?
Unbelievable huh! Doesn't matter if you are in an African of an Asian country and are a JW. The circuit overseer finds out that homes need to be rebuilt and organizes a team to help you out.
Caligula wrote:
Why does it have to be within your means at a specific area? You all have donated BILLIONS to the WTS. They could pony up some funds to help you all out with helping the people who need it anywhere.
That is exactly what i meant. They will make sure our brothers and sisters are sorted out and relative to their means will help out any non-believers they can.
Caligula wrote:
Im not going to argue with you that Jdubs never individually help out, because they do at times. There is NO effort to establish any sort of consistent and long-term help for the needy.
What? Then you don't understand the power of the Good News. People need a hope in this pitiful system of things that is panting towards it's end. We are providing a spiritual need that is worth more than physical needs. When disasters happen and physical needs are not being met we step into action.
Caligula wrote:

And really, has your roof ever been blown off and the Jdubs have rebuilt it for you at no cost to you? Really? Be honest. Is there a local fund set up for that?
There is a fund that is especially for such disasters it comes from the worldwide work fund. Here in the UK you do not get many disasters but when they do happen our brothers are provided with assistance. At the last years circuit assembly there was a brother who related a personal experience where his roof got blown off in a freak tornado near Bournemouth and the building committee rebuilt his roof. I could relate large amounts of similar experiences from around the world.

Although almost 3,500 Witness families suffered material losses as a result of Isidore, it turned out that none of Jehovah’s Witnesses were missing or dead. Still, with 331 homes of Witnesses damaged or destroyed, a reconstruction program was needed. Witnesses with construction experience visited each home and Kingdom Hall to evaluate the damage. To date, some 258 homes have been repaired and 172 replacement houses built. Also, the 19 damaged Kingdom Halls are in the process of being rebuilt.

An elder of a congregation in the state of Yucatán was moved to say:“I have read in our publications about the relief work carried out in other countries. However, living it is something else. My faith as well as that of many brothers has been strengthened by seeing with what swiftness and concern Jehovah’s organization and our dear brothers have come to our aid.” g03 8/8 14;
Caligula wrote:

NEVER in my years as a Jdub did anyone EVER get their roof or any other personal property rebuilt for them on the WTS dime. If there was ever any help needed they were told to go to their insurance company or the local Catholic services, NO KIDDING!
Maybe you never heard about it but none the less it was going on.

Of course insurance would always be the way to go! That is very sensible. As well as use government aid. Most people pay taxes and insurance. Along with these thing the witnesses help.

Sometimes those who desperately need help are in remote places, and their situation is not widely known. That was true of 35 families of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Guatemala. Their villages had been invaded by warring factions. When they were finally able to return in 1989, they needed help to rebuild. To supplement assistance made available by the government to repatriates, the Watch Tower Society’s branch office formed an emergency committee to assist these Witness families, and some 500 other Witnesses from 50 congregations volunteered to help with the rebuilding.-jv 310
remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Any proof of volunteers building kingdom halls in Mexico?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

remnant143999 wrote:
Any proof of volunteers building kingdom halls in Mexico?
If you had a Awake 03 8/8 14

You could see a couple of pictures:-

[Pictures on page 13]
MEXICO—Right: A relief committee provides drinking water for storm survivors
Below: Building a replacement house

As for direct proof that Witnesses helped out maybe you could phone up the Government or local authorities in Yucutan to see if they have any record or memory of the Witnesses helping out.

Personally you have no reason to believe it to be made up and I would encourage your own personal research if you doubt it. It would be good to have a Government official have someone ring up and make them research how helpful Jehovah's witnesses were around that terrible time.

Isidore Strikes Mexico

Isidore was born as a tropical storm north of Venezuela. On September 22, 2002, Isidore hit Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula as a category 3 hurricane. With winds of 120 miles per hour [190 kph] and heavy rains, it caused some of the most severe damage in the history of the Mexican states of Yucatán and Campeche as well as some damage in the state of Quintana Roo. In Yucatán alone, some 95,000 homes were seriously damaged, affecting about 500,000 people.

So effective a role did Jehovah’s Witnesses play in relief efforts in Yucatán that a newspaper headline in northern Mexico declared:“Jehovah’s Witnesses Come to the Rescue.” A relief committee was formed in advance of the storm’s arrival. Emergency arrangements were made to house several hundred local Witnesses. Nearby congregations provided emergency funds. Clothing, medicine, and over 22 tons of food were dispensed to storm survivors, including many non-Witnesses. Local elders were assigned to visit and encourage victims of Isidore.

After the storm hit, local relief committees were formed to help seek out missing Witnesses. Several had been isolated in the bush and other places for up to three days without food or drinking water. In some areas the water had risen so high that it covered light poles! Thus, motorboats were obtained and used in searching for victims, feeding them, and transporting them to safer areas.

Local authorities lent boats and other equipment to the Witnesses, who offered to give aid in areas where few people dared to go. At first, an army official objected to letting the Witnesses make such a dangerous search. However, when he saw their intrepid spirit, he said:“I am convinced that you would go in with helicopters, if necessary, to rescue your people. Our vehicles are available to take your people wherever you wish.”

One store owner was curious as to why some Witnesses were buying bottled water in such large quantities. They explained that it was for their spiritual brothers and others who needed it. The man decided to give them all the bottled water he had—free of charge. The following day he donated more water—a considerable amount. At another store, a customer asked the Witnesses why they were buying so much food. When he heard that it was for the flood victims, he gave them a donation to buy more.
g03 8/8 14

Thank you for making me research this one of hundreds of examples of my brothers and sisters charitable spirit.
Jehovah is God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Jehovah's witnesses are told in the Bible to ignor questions or debates from people who want to fight to prove their point. These people are called animals, you know what kind if you know your Bible.

These are people who have no regard for the truth of God's word or his earthly people, Jehovah's witnesses.
All first century Christians were Jehovah's witnesses, as Jesus was. Revelation 1:5
Prime

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

I love reading about the progress and increase of the true religion Jehova's Witnesses.
Prime

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Crystal Meth Debbie wrote:
I love reading about the progress and increase of the true religion Jehova's Witnesses.
You poor thingy NR! No matter what name you use you can't be me ROTFLMAO!
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

hey prime do you know which one is impersonating you on the how do i get out of being a catholic one??? rofl.. keep tabs if someone posts something that defames you... turn it in... take care..
Prime

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

unlisted wrote:
hey prime do you know which one is impersonating you on the how do i get out of being a catholic one??? rofl.. keep tabs if someone posts something that defames you... turn it in... take care..
Thank's it's Nevada aka Manchester Rose!
remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

I would like to have a jw pen pal somewhere in Juarez, Mexico. Can anybody give me a contact?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Jehovah is God wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses are told in the Bible to ignor questions or debates from people who want to fight to prove their point. These people are called animals, you know what kind if you know your Bible.
These are people who have no regard for the truth of God's word or his earthly people, Jehovah's witnesses.
All first century Christians were Jehovah's witnesses, as Jesus was. Revelation 1:5
No, you are told to run for the hills when confronted with a christian that knows their bible. You are too funny!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

1 Peter 3:

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
Jace

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

SOSEXPOSESCHARLATANS wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I AGREE WITH YOU GARETH,
WHAT A WONDERFULL WITNESS OF GOD!
Gareth PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS in africa:
Gareth:Hi,WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM?
Distended Belly:I have no stregnth to flip through a magazine.
Gareth:Ok,good day.
This would actually be funny ifnitbwere not for the fact that it is true
3. Year old orphan found and an organization with billions and 7 million books on the ground have no program to even help
I love telling nonjw groups I speak to this fact
And I always say. Would you like to confirm it??
Then ask the next jw to give you the name of one orphanage home ANYWHERE on the face of the earth they are located in 200 plus lands
Jace

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

CMWYW wrote:
<quoted text> Even if that were true it would be a smart thing to gain interest on large amounts of capital. Smart people do it all the time. We already know our brothers are smart and careful with the funds for the worldwide work without people telling us so.
What was the name of that charity the wt setup for those orphans again??? I forgot the name of it

Can you help me out????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Architectural Design Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pickering hires four professionals Jul 30 Jam 1
adding up second storey and fireplace Apr '14 alexis 1
Board says WACS upgrades could exceed $3 million (Feb '14) Mar '14 they 6
Reports from Cuba: The Havana That the Castros ... Mar '14 Don Donnatello Va... 1
FSU students share visions for a reborn City Hall (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jtn non 7
small waterfront property looking for developme... (Nov '13) Nov '13 robbie 1
County moves forward on law enforcement complex (Nov '13) Nov '13 special project 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Architectural Design People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••