"The Music of Queen: A Rock & Symphonic Spectacular" is coming to the NPAC.

May 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times Bulletin

This Saturday you will have the opportunity to experience an unlikely combination of two music genres.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated May 13, 2013
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Reviews? What did you think?

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I didn't see it but, once a friend who knows I love music bought me a cd by George Winston called 'George Winston plays the music of the doors'...so he's a piano playing dude, so you think at first 'hey, this might be cool, I like piano and I like the doors...it might be like peanut butter and chocolate' but then you play it, then it bores you and then yeah, you take it out of the cd player and never play it again...b/c it just wasn't the doors...then, you play 'waiting for the sun' by the doors and the world is alright again...
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

the awesome hey wrote:
I didn't see it but, once a friend who knows I love music bought me a cd by George Winston called 'George Winston plays the music of the doors'...so he's a piano playing dude, so you think at first 'hey, this might be cool, I like piano and I like the doors...it might be like peanut butter and chocolate' but then you play it, then it bores you and then yeah, you take it out of the cd player and never play it again...b/c it just wasn't the doors...then, you play 'waiting for the sun' by the doors and the world is alright again...
It was entertaining, for something to see live (without leaving Van Wert especially), but I understand what you're saying, Hey! If I had a CD of it, I would probably never play it either! You might as well play the music of the real-deal if you're going to listen to a CD. I have seen other concerts with the rock band combined with full orchestration before and I do rather like it! The contrast is kinda cool.

Not something I would go see over and over again, but they were good!

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I agree... hell, I might have even have gone if a) I knew about it and b) if I didn't have to work...but then again what's queen without Freddie's voice? besides, I have the coolest queen collection ever...

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

btw, did they do any of the beautiful, meaningful songs by queen? or was it all the cheesy radio played stuff like 'fat bottomed girls' and 'we are the champions'?
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

the awesome hey wrote:
btw, did they do any of the beautiful, meaningful songs by queen? or was it all the cheesy radio played stuff like 'fat bottomed girls' and 'we are the champions'?
They did both those, but they also did a lot of songs I was not familiar with frankly. So maybe it was some of the ones you're thinking of. I'm not really a Queen aficionado. These people could definitely sing. Not shabby in the voice department, but of course it's a tall order to sing anything remotely like Freddie Mercury! I understand his range/scale was unreal. He was a tremendous singer!
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

the awesome hey wrote:
I agree... hell, I might have even have gone if a) I knew about it and b) if I didn't have to work...but then again what's queen without Freddie's voice? besides, I have the coolest queen collection ever...
This prompted me to do some reading about Freddie Mercury. Did you know he left the bulk of his estate to a woman who he said was the "love of his life"? Dang! Just when you think you know a person...

lol

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

this should righteously blow your mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
dig it...

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
This prompted me to do some reading about Freddie Mercury. Did you know he left the bulk of his estate to a woman who he said was the "love of his life"? Dang! Just when you think you know a person...
lol
mary austen... he wrote 'love of my life' for her... she was a best friend, married someone else...
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

the awesome hey wrote:
<quoted text>mary austen... he wrote 'love of my life' for her... she was a best friend, married someone else...
Yup! But apparently lived with him off and on, even in later years. Complicated relationship!

Here's a recent interview with her! I found it kind of interesting!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-230...
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

the awesome hey wrote:
this should righteously blow your mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
dig it...
Nice! I can see him doing this! Quite the musical genius, to say the least!
ColbertNation

Delphos, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

I don't know if you saw, but in another thread I mentioned Sacha Baron Cohen is playing Freddy Mercury in an upcoming biopic.

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

yeah they've been talking about making that for awhile...curious to see when it comes out...
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

ColbertNation wrote:
I don't know if you saw, but in another thread I mentioned Sacha Baron Cohen is playing Freddy Mercury in an upcoming biopic.
No, I didn't see your post. But he certainly does look a lot like Freddie!
just sayin

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Didn't anyone else GO? I wanted to hear what people thought!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Arts Discussions

Search the Arts Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Who Wore Tux Welcomed at NCLR Gala 3 hr Belle Sexton 7
Monday Night Murder Mystery: Cursed in the Act:... 10 hr Jumper The wise 1
As SPAC prepares for Russian ballet, local Ukra... 12 hr Glory-Ukraine_org 1
Cool River Gallery steps into nature (Jul '08) 19 hr Steve 13
NGO founder visits Badgett Playhouse 20 hr Amy 3
Calendar Sat Mark not of the Beast 1
Santa Cruz County Stories, Willie Juncosa: Life... (Oct '10) Sat Joe Gurciullo 3
•••
•••