Interview: Andrea Bocelli, opera singer

Interview: Andrea Bocelli, opera singer

There are 76 comments on the Scotsman.com Living story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Interview: Andrea Bocelli, opera singer. In it, Scotsman.com Living reports that:

Losing his sight at the age of 12 hasn't been a hindrance to success or adventure for Andrea Bocelli.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scotsman.com Living.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Carry

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2009
I thought this was an interesting interview. But the photo makes it look like poor Veronica is naked! I hope there was a dress there somewhere.
Gloria

UK

#2 Nov 24, 2009
It is necessary always to bear the lurking photographer in mind when dressing for these occasions.
Diana

UK

#3 Nov 24, 2009
Oh my!
Diana

UK

#4 Nov 24, 2009
Is that Queen Gloria?
columbo agnostic

Wolcott, IN

#5 Nov 24, 2009
I think she wasnt told she was naked cause he's blind. Hello!!!!
Annie East Coast USA

Alden, NY

#6 Dec 14, 2009
All that Veronica is can be seen in those caring and vulnerable eyes that tell us she is willingly to take enormous risks for love. She's strong.
Carry

Allegan, MI

#7 Dec 15, 2009
Annie East Coast USA wrote:
All that Veronica is can be seen in those caring and vulnerable eyes that tell us she is willingly to take enormous risks for love. She's strong.
How do you know so much about her? I like her too, but a lot of people see her as an opportunist.
Annie East Coast USA

Alden, NY

#8 Dec 15, 2009
Carry asks: How do you know so much about her? I like her too, but a lot of people see her as an opportunist.

Hi Carry,
Well, I look at her eyes and her mannerism when she looks at him. She is very very aware of how her choice looks to the outside world. Calling her an opportunist is the easy choice and requires no emotional risk from us. Looking deeply into her eyes and body language one can see that her affection is not about money or sex or status). She is sensual, no doubt. Again, Brava Veronica. She takes enormous emotional risks, ones that great operas, novels, epics and poems speak of. If we look past our own incomplete fantasies for money, security, recognition and acceptance we see in this 27 year old woman a 'risk all' choice. This is truly 'commitment' which she makes on a daily basis, for it is not just her time and reputation that is at stake but her heart's desires. She chooses with determination. It can't be easy.
We can all be this brave for love (which passes all understanding, not just to give, but to give and to take). She "Dares to Live."
Carry, How do you get the earlier comments (mine) into those little italics? Thanks,
Annie
Carry

Allegan, MI

#9 Dec 15, 2009
Annie East Coast USA wrote:
Carry asks: How do you know so much about her? I like her too, but a lot of people see her as an opportunist.
Hi Carry,
Well, I look at her eyes and her mannerism when she looks at him. She is very very aware of how her choice looks to the outside world. Calling her an opportunist is the easy choice and requires no emotional risk from us. Looking deeply into her eyes and body language one can see that her affection is not about money or sex or status). She is sensual, no doubt. Again, Brava Veronica. She takes enormous emotional risks, ones that great operas, novels, epics and poems speak of. If we look past our own incomplete fantasies for money, security, recognition and acceptance we see in this 27 year old woman a 'risk all' choice. This is truly 'commitment' which she makes on a daily basis, for it is not just her time and reputation that is at stake but her heart's desires. She chooses with determination. It can't be easy.
We can all be this brave for love (which passes all understanding, not just to give, but to give and to take). She "Dares to Live."
Carry, How do you get the earlier comments (mine) into those little italics? Thanks,
Annie
When I post about a previous post, I click on "reply" and I get brackets at the beginning and end of the post. They look like this:

[ QUOTE who = "Annie East Coast USA" ] at the beginning

and like this:

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to add some spaces or they would put my comments in quotes. I hope this works. Then you can delete portions of the original post that you don't want to respond to.

Interesting thoughts, Annie. I'm curious--How long have you been a Bocelli fan? Were you around when he was still married to Enrica? I think there is a big difference of thought by those who were fans at that time, and those who have come along later when Veronica was already with him.
Annie East Coast USA

Alden, NY

#10 Dec 16, 2009
Carry wrote:
<quoted text>
When I post about a previous post, I click on "reply" and I get brackets at the beginning and end of the post. They look like this:
[ QUOTE who = "Annie East Coast USA" ] at the beginning
and like this:
[/ QUOTE ]
I had to add some spaces or they would put my comments in quotes. I hope this works. Then you can delete portions of the original post that you don't want to respond to.
Interesting thoughts, Annie. I'm curious--How long have you been a Bocelli fan? Were you around when he was still married to Enrica? I think there is a big difference of thought by those who were fans at that time, and those who have come along later when Veronica was already with him.
Hi C, Thanks for the lesson on the little quotes.
When I first heard Andrea's voice I knew immediately that I wanted to know everything about the person whose voice could be so moving. I have only recently discovered him and can't imagine how I've missed out on the early years. It is obvious that Enrica was very dedicated; it had to be impossible for her to be wife, mother, cheerleader, road trip presence and have anything left for herself. From the pics after the children were toddlers she looked completely drained. Her choice was one of survival. I understand personally the temperament of 'the gifted and charismatic' spouse who never really 'gets it'- the need for balance in a relationship. Coming in 'second', even 'third' is a reality. The term 'I love you' from this kind of individual doesn't mean 'I respect you and will honor your needs and remember that you are there.' That's a big part of the dilemma.
C, I plan to go back through early cd, dvds, albums to get a more complete understanding of those early years. It is great to read comments from fans/friends of the early years.
Ciao, Annie
Jennifer

Lancaster, CA

#11 Jul 12, 2010
Can someone please send me or link me the interview?
Jennifer

Lancaster, CA

#12 Jul 12, 2010
neverming i read it already>
Uhmm ok She is ot naked i saw te picture and she is wearing a blue long strapless dress so you guys dnt stay with that wonder bcuz i knoe it bothers me to!
Pretty Feet

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jul 12, 2010
Jennifer wrote:
neverming i read it already>
Uhmm ok She is ot naked i saw te picture and she is wearing a blue long strapless dress so you guys dnt stay with that wonder bcuz i knoe it bothers me to!
No shes not naked, this is just another way for these ladies to put the girl down. typical.
joe the wadds holmes

United States

#14 Jul 12, 2010
Pretty Feet wrote:
<quoted text>
No shes not naked, this is just another way for these ladies to put the girl down. typical.
Is it true she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose?
Pretty Feet

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jul 12, 2010
joe the wadds holmes wrote:
<quoted text> Is it true she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose?
dont know, dont care.
lol
Julie

Fenton, MO

#16 Jul 30, 2010
I like his voice but don't think much of his girlfrind. He used to be cute but not so much now, more an old blind man anymore.
Pat

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Aug 2, 2010
Julie wrote:
I like his voice but don't think much of his girlfrind. He used to be cute but not so much now, more an old blind man anymore.
he hasn't been "cute" for a very long time now.
i saw him in 2002, looked fine (from far away, as best as i could tell) But when i bought one of those books they sell, in one of the pictures of himself, he had ALL White Hair! must have been that way for some time, would be my guess. so yes, he looked handsome back when he was in his late 30's, looked ok in his 40's but now in his 50's he is looking exactly what any man would look like.
and although i still like his music, there hasnt been any CD of late that I would want to buy. his christmas one, was terrible. so i will continue to listen to his older music and only buy a new CD if i know for sure its worth buying..
sigmund freud

United States

#18 Aug 3, 2010
Pretty Feet wrote:
<quoted text>
dont know, dont care.
lol
Well, missy you should care her extreme sucking action might bring that poor blind mans eye sight back. Of course if she sucks too hard he could be crippled.Its a fine line!!!!
Pretty Feet

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Aug 3, 2010
sigmund freud wrote:
<quoted text> Well, missy you should care her extreme sucking action might bring that poor blind mans eye sight back. Of course if she sucks too hard he could be crippled.Its a fine line!!!!
either way he Wins!
lol
sigmund freud

United States

#20 Aug 3, 2010
Pretty Feet wrote:
<quoted text>
either way he Wins!
lol
Yeah sometimes he just lays there twitching and going huminna, huminna,huminna like jackie gleason use to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crazy Cukkad Family review Father dies donkey c... (Jan '15) 2 hr VIPIN 22
News Crown Uptown brings a Hedwig home to Kansasa 20 hr Frank 4
News Top Ten Reasons Why Promotional Products Distri... (Aug '08) Aug 22 Joethegreat 8
News SolidEnergy Says It Can Double Battery Power of... Aug 20 Solarman 1
News Indian Group of Seven Aug 19 michael moniz 1
News Updated: 4 hours agoComments (0)Looking Back Aug 19 michael moniz 1
News Romance novellas by women in Nigeria challenge ... Aug 19 jinxi 1
More from around the web