'He saved MY life... I just want to help him in return'

Aug 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Inside Costa Rica

LIFE 'He saved MY life... I just want to help him in return' John Unger, the owner of sick dog whose picture touched the nation's hearts reveals how loyal companion stopped him from suicide.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2012
Joe Barber

Corning, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Hello, The photo of John Unger cradling his dog in the water is so profound it made me very emotional. I have an older dog who is arthritic and I give her a baby aspirin each day and it helps.

Is there anyway I can email Mr. Unger to convey my appreciation to him for such love of an animal? My email is in case anyone can contact him for me is:

jbmusicone@yahoo.com

Joe ( I am also on Facebook)
dog lover

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

I'm also brought to tears by this story. I had a 14 year old lab a few years ago who had severe hip pain. He would struggle to get up and cry so pitifully that we were forced to consider having him put to sleep. As a last resort, I tried something called DGP (Dog Gone Pain, basically an herbal remedy that actually worked, and **NO**, I have nothing to do with the company, other than having bought a couple bottles of their product.) I've never seen such a turnaround - in two weeks, he went from barely being able to stand, to running (well, trying to run) up the stairs. He passed a few months later, and we were still heartbroken, but at least the pain of his last days was lessened. I hope this helps somebody else who's heartbroken over the suffering of their best friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••