Mass shootings edge U.S. election as ...

Mass shootings edge U.S. election as AP's top 2012 news story

There are 11 comments on the CBS News story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Mass shootings edge U.S. election as AP's top 2012 news story. In it, CBS News reports that:

Parents leave a staging area after being reunited with their children following a shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#1 Dec 21, 2012
GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL !

The democRATS are foaming at the mouth and are jubilating with the media
over the prospect of disarming law-abiding AMERICAN citizens.
They care less about the victims.

The democRATS layed the foundation for school shootings and crimes in general.
The films coming out of liberal Hollywood teaches kids to kill.
democRAT politicians received huge kickbacks from Hollywood and the makers of violent video games, and from PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES.

What changed? Here is what changed: Powerful psych drugs were developed and became the profitable, prescription answer to a wide variety of extremely questionable if not outright fabricated mental disorder diagnosis of youth.

Little Johnny doesn't want to go to school - take this pill.
Little Achnach isn't learning - take this pill.
Little Jose feels anxious - take this pill.
Little Quantisha is sad - take this pill.
Little Leroy is restless - take this pill.
Little Miguel is rebellious - take this pill.
Little Allah doesn’t want get out of bed – Take this pill.
Little Latosha has a bad hair day – Take this pill.
Albert is smarter than the other kids – Take this pill to dumb him down.

Their minds are warped; they live in an irrational world - the Twilight Zone.
The democrats have given the murderers a justification to kill.
THE SUSPECTS ARE SICK, THEY ARE RETARDED.
They didn’t know what they were going.
The culprit is always the GUN – no the person using it.
The suspects’ brains are fried from all the unnecessary psych drugs
mandated by the COMMUNIST PUBLIC education system.

Aside from this, the three groups responsible for 92% of all gun-related murders
in the United States are:

- ILLEGAL MEXICANS
- MUSLIMS
- THE GHETTO CROWD

Have you ever hear of GUN CONTROL when illegal Mexicans or black gang bangers shoot babies during drive-by shootings?
Have you ever heard of liberals calling for GUN CONTROL when muslims go on jihad murder rampages in the USA?(Examples: The father & son muslim team, also known as the “DC Snipers” who killed dozens of people in the eastern States.
Muslim HASAN who went on a jihad rampage and killed dozens of Americans at Fort Hood TX).

Their conduct is politically correct,and therefor condoned by liberals.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Happy Birthday Jesus Christ- the Lord of all
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL ! GUN CONTROL !

The democRATS are foaming at the mouth and are jubilating with the media
over the prospect of disarming law-abiding AMERICAN citizens.

The democRATS layed the foundation for school shootings and crimes in general.
The films coming out of liberal Hollywood teaches kids to kill.
democRAT politicians received huge kickbacks from Hollywood and the makers of violent video games, and from PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES.

What changed? Here is what changed: Powerful psych drugs were developed and became the profitable, prescription answer to a wide variety of extremely questionable if not outright fabricated mental disorder diagnosis of youth.

Little Johnny doesn't want to go to school - take this pill.
Little Achnach isn't learning - take this pill.
Little Jose feels anxious - take this pill.
Little Quantisha is sad - take this pill.
Little Leroy is restless - take this pill.
Little Miguel is rebellious - take this pill.
Little Allah doesn’t want get out of bed – Take this pill.
Little Latosha has a bad hair day – Take this pill.
Albert is smarter than the other kids – Take this pill to dumb him down.

Their minds are warped; they live in an irrational world - the Twilight Zone.
The democrats have given the murderers a justification to kill.
THE SUSPECTS ARE SICK, THEY ARE RETARDED.
They didn’t know what they were going.
The culprit is always the GUN – no the person using it.
The suspects’ brains are fried from all the unnecessary psych drugs
mandated by the COMMUNIST PUBLIC education system.

Aside from this, the three groups responsible for 92% of all gun-related murders
in the United States are:

- ILLEGAL MEXICANS
- MUSLIMS
- THE GHETTO CROWD
Their conduct is politically correct and therefore condoned by liberals.

Have you ever hear of GUN CONTROL when illegal Mexicans or black gang bangers shoot babies during drive-by shootings?
Have you ever heard of liberals calling for GUN CONTROL when muslims go on jihad murder rampages in the USA?(Examples: The father & son muslim team, also known as the “DC Snipers” who killed dozens of people in the eastern States.
Muslim HASAN who went on a jihad rampage and killed dozens of Americans at Fort Hood TX).

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Happy Birthday Jesus Christ
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Benghazi and Obama's pending impeachment is the bigger story.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#4 Dec 22, 2012
Well how nice that the media has a story they can milk for a while. Unfortunately, we don't need this kind of coverage. This is why there are copycat shooters everywhere looking for attention. We make stories like this the top news of the year. Then another idiot gets an idea, all for the attention. What we should be covering is how we're going to protect our schools going forward. Airports have more security than our schools.

Since: Dec 12

Chisago City, MN

#5 Dec 22, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
Well how nice that the media has a story they can milk for a while. Unfortunately, we don't need this kind of coverage. This is why there are copycat shooters everywhere looking for attention. We make stories like this the top news of the year. Then another idiot gets an idea, all for the attention. What we should be covering is how we're going to protect our schools going forward. Airports have more security than our schools.
I keep hearing this argument about the media but Adam Lanza is not enjoying his media coverage right now he is dead.
Fred

San Jose, CA

#6 Dec 22, 2012
I agree
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#7 Dec 22, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
Well how nice that the media has a story they can milk for a while.
How discourteous you are to the 26 families who have lost members of this family if you believe covering a good ol' amerikkkkan massacre is "milking a story".
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Papillon wrote:
disarming law-abiding AMERICAN citizens.
That kind of propaganda does not pass the smell test.

Try again ...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#9 Dec 22, 2012
I'm sure those families would appreciate grieving in peace without all the so-called media attention. You really think the media cares about the families? They are milking a story. Meanwhile, other copy cats might be waiting for their chance to get the same attention. It seems to keep happening.
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
How discourteous you are to the 26 families who have lost members of this family if you believe covering a good ol' amerikkkkan massacre is "milking a story".
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Excerpts from George W. Bush's letter of
resignation from the NRA, May 14, 1995:

"I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as 'jack-booted thugs.' To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as 'wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms' wanting to 'attack law abiding citizens' is a vicious slander on good people.

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.
You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack.

Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list."

Sincerely, George Bush

Since: Dec 12

Lindstrom, MN

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Gary wrote:
Excerpts from George W. Bush's letter of
resignation from the NRA, May 14, 1995:

"I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as 'jack-booted thugs.' To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as 'wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms' wanting to 'attack law abiding citizens' is a vicious slander on good people.

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.
You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack.

Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list."

Sincerely, George Bush
Thanks for the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Religion 20 hr Mockingjay cristol 1
News Community News (Apr '14) 23 hr BerniesFriend 6
News What is a painting worth? Rockwell director coo... Fri Blind Willie McDill 1
News Artist moves studio to new one on heritage farm (Nov '08) Jul 17 sad but true 7
News CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES, New Play About Male Inf... Jul 10 SBT 1
News Johnny Depp apologizes for joking about assassi... Jul 9 he is not dangerous 8
News New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) Jul 9 Boo 1,662
More from around the web