Big cuts spur calls to Congress from irate constituents

Mar 2, 2013 Full story: Reuters 176

The Fed chairman has tried radical measures to put Americans back to work. Caren Bohan and Catherine Hollander argue that he's setting the stage for the next crisis.

Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#1 Mar 2, 2013
They've gone fishing..... call back next week!

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#2 Mar 2, 2013
It’s just so great to be on the winning side supporting a President that was just re-elected in a landslide with a mandate… and to watch his brilliant political chess moves come together in ways the GOP had no idea that they were crashing into, LOL.

The American people are fed up with the republicans obstructionism and they are letting their voices be heard. The right will get all the blame and Obama will get everything he wants… life is so grand, LOL!
kjo3j2jljj6kl9kd

Hanoi, Vietnam

#3 Mar 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
It’s just so great to be on the winning side supporting a President that was just re-elected in a landslide with a mandate… and to watch his brilliant political chess moves come together in ways the GOP had no idea that they were crashing into, LOL.
The American people are fed up with the republicans obstructionism and they are letting their voices be heard. The right will get all the blame and Obama will get everything he wants… life is so grand, LOL!
wow- U is very loyalttee to BO!!;) keep up yo Cheerlitership;-00
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
They've gone fishing..... call back next week!
The Repubs put themselves into a bad position. They don't listen to their constituents. They push candidates on the voters not the best. There seems to be another agenda once entrenched in power. And it is hard to like them. They have a chance at this point in history, to make a stand. If they help to continue to give away the store, they are not going to win anyway in 2014. There's no point to vote for them. Just like the Dems shut out God in their convention. And that is their intent and beliefs. No response back needed on that issue. The Repubs shut out any real fixes to the economy and in our domestic and foreign polcies at their convention. They even shut out a candidate completely, probably costing them the election with a moderate to left leaning one not getting his blessing.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#5 Mar 2, 2013
The main obstacle the Republican party confronts is themselves.
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

#6 Mar 2, 2013
Patty Cake and Lance are losing their Obama phones.
Aria

Lampasas, TX

#7 Mar 2, 2013
I called my congressman to say Thank You! He promised to never vote for a tax increase and he kept that promise under extreme pressure.
drinK the Hive

Anonymous Proxy

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Yea - Chicago Public Transportation 2014...

http://i.imgur.com/FmElgnV.gif
Osama Obama Hates USA

Fayetteville, PA

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Obamass seems to love creating problems then lies during the battle to solve them.I think he could care less about this country because he has everything he will ever need.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Republicans are listening to the American people. Its the Liberal idiots who didnt want this,they are afraid their Welfare checks will be cut. Obama says if you vote for my tax increases , i will make spending cuts. Of course he tried to weasel his way out, like usual and wanted another tax increase. Too Bad so sad!

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
It's just so great to watch you make an ass of yourself every post. LOL

The dems are getting hammered by the consituients as well, dingleberry. Nobama is about to get hammered even more.

"Two prominent Democratic pollsters — Patrick Caddell and Doug Schoen — are criticizing President Barack Obama as harshly as any Republican.

Your messiah has been caught lying and blaming one time toooooo much!! LMAO
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#12 Mar 2, 2013
see the light wrote:
Republicans are listening to the American people. Its the Liberal idiots who didnt want this,they are afraid their Welfare checks will be cut. Obama says if you vote for my tax increases , i will make spending cuts. Of course he tried to weasel his way out, like usual and wanted another tax increase. Too Bad so sad!
Republicans listen to the American people? You mean
the top two percent? Their natural constituency?
Believe me, they are deaf to everyone else. They
are the party of "no."

Republicans and their 350+ silent filibusters.
Minnie Pearl

Elgin, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2013
The cuts are less then 3%. The needy can do without 3%. Since the Democrats, and the Republicans will never agree on cuts, this is the only way we can deal with the insane spending. The military wastes more then 3%, and the President should pay for his own vacations for awhile.
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#15 Mar 2, 2013
I read where Mayor Bloomberg in N Y says we have all kinds of money. Where is it? If we have it why are we borrowing 48 cents of every dollar we spend? I don't think people like Bloomberg understands where the money comes from.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans listen to the American people? You mean
the top two percent? Their natural constituency?
Believe me, they are deaf to everyone else. They
are the party of "no."
Republicans and their 350+ silent filibusters.
Who cares what you lazy Welfare people want.
DanielGagnon

Mound, MN

#17 Mar 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Better to have obstructionism(I can't believe you know how to spell that) than a dictatorship.
Thank God for the House of Representatives.
We are in a downward spiral that the House is keeping from going out of control. 3 years and 10 months until our King is released from His "duties." Freedom will hopefully prevail after these Dark Ages we are living....

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#25 Mar 3, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares what you lazy Welfare people want.
That's a "pat" answer to everyone that disagrees with you ignorant and illiterate people. You can't seem to grasp that insulting everyone who doesn't think or look like you is alienating. You push and we push back. Your congress is not listening to the MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS NATION! They're continuing to be obstinate and obstructionist. They need to either be impeached or tried for treason. We cannot wait for another election to get rid of these traitors to the American people. Their pockets are being lined by their corporate sponsors and tax payers money for their "do nothing" performance in congress! They and their family members get free health care for life, paid college tutions for their children and hardly work a 40 hour week 365 days a year. If that's not getting something for nothing, I don't know what is! As long as they spoon feed haters like you, you and your ilk don't care if they destroy this country and bring it down.

History will record who the idiots were and the destruction they and your pundits have wrecked on this nation will cause it to be a long time before your party recovers (if ever) and gains control of the white house, senate or congress again.

Trust me, if you think you're pissed, you have no idea of the rage your party has caused in this nation among people of all races and classes.

Simply put, we've had more than enough of your party and their bs!
Yes we can 2014

Dearborn, MI

#26 Mar 3, 2013
WHO'S TO BLAME?

Polls so far show most Americans blame Republicans rather than Obama and his Democrats for the standoff. But that could change.

Republicans insist that any deficit-reduction replacement deal include only spending cuts. Democrats want a mix of spending cuts and tax increases.

According to a February 28 Gallup survey, 56 percent of those polled thought the cuts will damage the economy. The feeling crossed party lines, Gallup reported, with 64 percent of Republicans and 51 percent of Democrats agreeing they would inflict economic pain.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#27 Mar 3, 2013
When the payroll tax cut expired every working American got a 2% tax increase.
Surely Congress can do without the same.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28 Mar 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Capitol official: Obama wrong about janitors. Obama lies again spreading fear to many parts of America while he flies in circles and plays golf.

By KATE NOCERA | 3/1/13 7:45 PM EST
The Superintendent of Capitol tried to assure staff on Friday that employees will not receive a cut in pay as a result of sequestration, despite President Barack Obama’s claims to the contrary.
In a news conference earlier in the day, Obama warned that starting on Saturday “the folks who are cleaning the floors at the Capitol” and “the janitors, the security guards” would face a pay cut. But in a letter to supervisors and building staff, obtained by POLITICO, superintendent Carlos Elias said “the current sequestration plan does NOT include ‘Reductions in Force’ or Furloughs. The pay and benefits of employees WILL NOT be impacted as per out current plan.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/sequest...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 36 min Willothewisp 933
Spring pop music: Albums and concerts galore 1 hr dfhgfd 1
Pianos to sizzle at chamber music series 4 hr Clear Dharma 2
'Selma' to be shown for free in Selma, Ala. 14 hr Cordwainer Trout 24
In first, Turkey to mark international Holocaus... 20 hr Dander 16
Slow down! The Ting Tings Katie White gets Supe... 22 hr Star On 47 2
Geraint Jarman gets set for album launch at Cha... Fri IBU INDAH SARI 1
More from around the web