El Paso's West, East sides have the most concealed handgun license holders

Dec 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

Interest in getting concealed handgun licenses has been steadily increasing in El Paso during the past two years, and after the recent shootings that killed dozens of people at a movie theater in Colorado and an elementary school in Connecticut, obtaining a license makes sense to some residents.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2012

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Sheeple drinking the koolaid of the gun industry getting rich off their fear. That's the summary of this topic.
POS

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
Sheeple drinking the koolaid of the gun industry getting rich off their fear. That's the summary of this topic.
Could the same get said about the Auto Industry, because people don't want to walk so far? Also with the Medical Industry, frear of getting sick, or not well? I understand your point. It's a supply and demand industry, no force is involved to purchase a gun, unlike medical insurance, the goverment will force you to have it or you will get taxed. A gun, you olny need to buy once. The insurance you will get forced to buy forever. Affordable insurance?

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 30, 2012
POS wrote:
<quoted text>Could the same get said about the Auto Industry, because people don't want to walk so far? Also with the Medical Industry, frear of getting sick, or not well? I understand your point. It's a supply and demand industry, no force is involved to purchase a gun, unlike medical insurance, the goverment will force you to have it or you will get taxed. A gun, you olny need to buy once. The insurance you will get forced to buy forever. Affordable insurance?
Those could be said only if you're a moron. There's no proof that being an untrained, paper-target-shooting hoser with a gun overall raises your safety, and some evidence against. Cops are bad enough with the training. A bunch of middle aged fat boys with guns getting in the middle of a gun rampage is not going to end well outside of their john wayne fantasies.
POS

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 30, 2012
Kool Arrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Those could be said only if you're a moron. There's no proof that being an untrained, paper-target-shooting hoser with a gun overall raises your safety, and some evidence against. Cops are bad enough with the training. A bunch of middle aged fat boys with guns getting in the middle of a gun rampage is not going to end well outside of their john wayne fantasies.
Wow, I didn't expect such a weak reply, with name calling. Just because El Paso has so many overweight people, we should not allow then to drive also? They might be to busy eating their dubble chease burger W/diet coke, instead of paying attention to driving. Again, this sould be said with many aspects of life, not just guns. Go out on the road and watch how people drive, not just in E/P everywhere. Proper training, pass a few simple driving manuvers and a test with all the answers in the book. Then give them a 2 ton weapon. Only the law obiding people will follow the laws.
Taker

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 30, 2012
POS wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I didn't expect such a weak reply, with name calling. Just because El Paso has so many overweight people, we should not allow then to drive also? They might be to busy eating their dubble chease burger W/diet coke, instead of paying attention to driving. Again, this sould be said with many aspects of life, not just guns. Go out on the road and watch how people drive, not just in E/P everywhere. Proper training, pass a few simple driving manuvers and a test with all the answers in the book. Then give them a 2 ton weapon. Only the law obiding people will follow the laws.
your mama in a thong is good enough to reason to be packing.
POS

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Packing what? your ass full of you boyfriend.

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 30, 2012
POS wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I didn't expect such a weak reply, with name calling.
Buddy, that's all it deserves. I'm not new to this topic, and I know what gun nuts are going to say. Same thing every time.
Proper training, pass a few simple driving manuvers and a test with all the answers in the book. Then give them a 2 ton weapon. Only the law obiding people will follow the laws.
Except cars are meant as transportation first, their use as a weapon is accidental and unwanted. Gun nuttery doesn't take anyone anywhere except to the morgue. Second of all, who decides what kind of weapons we are allowed to carry, and why? Why can't I conceal a grenade? Why can't I carry a fully stocked rocket launcher in my car? The answer is because there is no grenade and rocket launcher lobby, but there is a gun lobby with a strong industry behind it wanting to get rich off fear.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Dec 31, 2012
Most holders only carry rarely. It's too much trouble and restricts your freedoms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bachchan's popularity defies all norms (Aug '06) 31 min VIPIN 1,321
Cuba Gooding Movie Holding Open Casting Calls I... (Oct '12) 2 hr Jesie 2
Fan trip to Delhi to catch Kaka film 6 hr Pawan 15
New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) 16 hr CPO357 1,579
Raleigh Web Design Agency Launches New Website ... 16 hr 20-20 laser eye s... 4
The makeover that's divided a nation Sun Constantinos 4
Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star Aug 29 Mom of two 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Arts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••