Zeenat wishes she had kept in touch w...

Zeenat wishes she had kept in touch with Vijay Arora

There are 521 comments on the India eNews story from Feb 6, 2007, titled Zeenat wishes she had kept in touch with Vijay Arora. In it, India eNews reports that:

From correspondents in Maharashtra, India, 09:33 AM IST Zeenat Aman remembers her 'Yaadon Ki Baaraat' co-star Vijay Arora, who passed away recently, as quiet and focused.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at India eNews.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Khan YK-098

Varanasi, India

#1 Feb 6, 2007
Not only Late Vijay Arora, but Raj Kiran, Arun Govil, Prem Kishan and even Rishi Kapoor were mentioned as replacement of Rajesh Khanna. But due to lack of depth touches in expressing the critical situations and not holding the natural god gifted talent of perfect characterization effortlessly upto the highest extent of Rajesh Khanna, till date no replacement of Rajesh Khanna is found.
Salma

Varanasi, India

#2 Feb 6, 2007
Khan YK-098 wrote:
Not only Late Vijay Arora, but Raj Kiran, Arun Govil, Prem Kishan and even Rishi Kapoor were mentioned as replacement of Rajesh Khanna. But due to lack of depth touches in expressing the critical situations and not holding the natural god gifted talent of perfect characterization effortlessly upto the highest extent of Rajesh Khanna, till date no replacement of Rajesh Khanna is found.
No replacement of Rajesh Khanna will be found in decades to come. He is totally extraordinary in all manner, whether it is performance ability or glamour or screen presence, etc.
anaad22

Singapore, Singapore

#3 Feb 7, 2007
what about Aamir Khan ? he is very good.
Salma

Varanasi, India

#4 Feb 7, 2007
anaad22 wrote:
what about Aamir Khan ? he is very good.
Yes he is very good actor in comparison to his contemporaries. But he do not have that screen persona and charismatic glamour like Rajesh Khanna, which can make MAD to his viewers.
alad

Medan, Indonesia

#5 Jul 20, 2007
I like to watch Vijay Arora in Yadoon Ki Barat. Handsome man and different with another actor. So sorry to hear his career in bollywood.
SHARMILA

United States

#6 Sep 21, 2007
I really I wonder why Vijay Arora and Zeenat Aman never acted again..? because they did make a cute pair , I guess lady luck smiled on Zeenat Aman and not on Vijay Arora . Zeenat went on to act with big male stars, while Vijay Arora’s career kept dwindling to on existent status.
Though he he was HANDSOME and FTI graduate ,JAYA BHACHAN , DANNY etc were graduates too.
MEE12

Carshalton, UK

#7 May 2, 2008
It's sad to hear about Vijay Arora. He didnt get the chance to hit the big time as Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh dominated the 70's. It was always adifficult for a newcome to make his mark during that time!!!
MEE12

Carshalton, UK

#9 May 7, 2008
Rajesh Khanna didnt last too long on the screen. He is younger than Dharmji and same age as Amitabh. Rajesh came in the late 60's, and was in the 70's and mid 80's, but Dharmendra & Amitabh have stayed longer on the silver screen. Rajesh hardly comes in films, and if he did his roles are very small and not powerful as Dharmendra in Apne and Amitabh in Sarkar. A legend is someone who has dominated the industry like Dharm & Amitabh!!!
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#10 May 7, 2008
MEE12 wrote:
Rajesh Khanna didnt last too long on the screen. He is younger than Dharmji and same age as Amitabh. Rajesh came in the late 60's, and was in the 70's and mid 80's, but Dharmendra & Amitabh have stayed longer on the silver screen. Rajesh hardly comes in films, and if he did his roles are very small and not powerful as Dharmendra in Apne and Amitabh in Sarkar. A legend is someone who has dominated the industry like Dharm & Amitabh!!!
Mr. MEE (?????????

A true Legend is not described with the length of working period. It is not compulsory for everybody to continue till 60 plus age. However, just 2007 onwards Rajesh Khanna also officially announced his second innings and his forthcoming films are yet to come. Till then it is foolishness to compare him with present Amitabh and Dharam (60 and 70 plus of age). Yes, so far as their young and middle aged periods are concerned, Rajesh Khanna was far far ahead and superior than Amitabh, Dharam and also others of his contemporaries in term of quality of films, performance, characterization, songs and other aspects. Most significant fact is that RAjesh Khanna never cheapened himself for masses unlike Amitabh and others. He always gives class to the masses.
RAjesh Khanna appeared on the silver screen most gracefully from 1968-1991 (three decades) with powerful central characterizations; before joining politics for five years 1991-1996 and even during this period he performed in classics like Khudai (1994), Aa Aab Laut Chalein (1999), etc., whereas Amitabh and Dharam performed in films like Coolie, Mard, Nakur Bibi ka, Ram Balram type cheap entertaining films during 80s and 90s. So Sir, please improve your general knowledge and then try to post here.

Further DADA SAHEB PHALKE GOLDEN ACTOR AWARDEE is itself a SUPERCLASS stature, which automatically distincts Rajesh Khanna with others.
radzi

Jitra, Malaysia

#11 May 7, 2008
Welcome to the forum MEE12. Hope you stay defending your points in here longer than Amit. Please don't shy away after this one hit & run like many had done earlier.

Try to stay at least as long as Ashu Mumbai before he gave up arguing on us.

Good luck.
radzi

Malaysia

#12 May 11, 2008
Are you still around MEE12?

Or..you are gone before arguments start?
MEE12

Carshalton, UK

#13 May 12, 2008
You need to remember in the same 80's Rajesh Khanna did Aaj Ka MLA and Amitabh did Inquilaab, everyone know Inquilaab did better business at the box office!!! Again Nauker Biwi Kaa and Ram Balram...everyone will agree on this forum that those movies where great entertainers.....Aa Aab Laut Chalein, a Akshay Khanna film...I didnt really see much of Rajesh Khanna in that movie was he an extra. Come on dont put yourself down too much...who went to watch Khudai? A unknown cast apart from Gulshan and Madhavi. Arun Bakshi the hero of the movie? Seriously guys who watched Khudai...come on you can do better that that Abhijit?
Abhijit

Mumbai, India

#14 May 12, 2008
MEE12 wrote:
You need to remember in the same 80's Rajesh Khanna did Aaj Ka MLA and Amitabh did Inquilaab, everyone know Inquilaab did better business at the box office!!! Again Nauker Biwi Kaa and Ram Balram...everyone will agree on this forum that those movies where great entertainers.....Aa Aab Laut Chalein, a Akshay Khanna film...I didnt really see much of Rajesh Khanna in that movie was he an extra. Come on dont put yourself down too much...who went to watch Khudai? A unknown cast apart from Gulshan and Madhavi. Arun Bakshi the hero of the movie? Seriously guys who watched Khudai...come on you can do better that that Abhijit?
Mr. MEE,
AAj Ka MLA was banned after 3 weeks of its release but Kaka won BEST ACTOR AWARD FROM ALL INDIA CRITICS ASSOCIATION, KOLKATA and Inquilaab was a big big flop.

Khudai was direct telecasting via satellite; not released for theatre. Rajesh Khanna won BEST ACTOR AWARD AT RUSSIAN FILM FESTIVAL FOR THIS CLASSIC.

Mr. Idiot: In Aa Aab Laut Chalein, Rajesh Khanna played Central Character as father of Akshay Khanna and gave a most re-fined and polished performance.

Do not compare these films with Ram Balram and Naukar biwi type cheaptest ones.

RAjesh Khanna is the one and only recepient of PRIDE OF THE FILM INDUSTRY, YUGANTAR GAURAV AWARDEE AND NOW THE TOP MOST HONOUR HOLDER AS GOLDEN ACTOR AWARDEE OF DADA SAHEB PHALKE AWARD. Do not compare with the big big begger Bachchan.
sanjay

New Delhi, India

#15 May 13, 2008
Abhijith,

Aaj ka MLA was not banned. It was Red Rose that was taken off the theatres after protests by women organisations.
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#16 May 13, 2008
sanjay wrote:
Abhijith,
Aaj ka MLA was not banned. It was Red Rose that was taken off the theatres after protests by women organisations.
NO SIR, AAJ KA MLA WAS ALSO BANNED BECAUSE IT WAS INDIRECT PORTRAYING ABOUT GYANI JAIL SINGH.
Anne - New York

New York, NY

#17 May 13, 2008
I think all things considered, Rajesh Khanna was a better actor than Amitabh Bachan. When Bachan came on board, he was just a lanky actor who did not make much of an impression until he became the so called "angry young man." I will give Rajesh Khanna an A+ for bowing out so gracefully from films, while Amitabh Bachan gets a big fat zero for still carrying on in idiot films like "Boom" which I turned off after ten minutes! There are stars like Nana Palekar and Naseerudin Shah and Anupam Kher who can carry on the more matured roles with aplomb. Time for Amitabh Bachan to bow out - I can't stand "sha wah sha wah" and will not watch another movie with him - like I can't stand Lata's songs these days - boy was she something in her younger days - no one can beat her. However, there are times when enough is enough!
MEE12

Romford, UK

#18 May 13, 2008
sanjay wrote:
Abhijith,
Red Rose & Aaj Ka MLA - both Rajesh Khanna films, which were banned..what does that tell you????

Amitabh's Inquilaab did better than Rajesh Khanna's Aaj Ka MLA head to head. At the same time Jeetendra did Yeh Desh, which came 2nd out of the 3 movies made. Dont compare Ram Balram to Aa Aab Laut Chalein...there's no comparison, and im sure everyone will agree with me!!!

Dharmendra has his own style of acting and Amitabh has his own. Rajesh Khanna didnt have his own style he copied Dev Anand's acting.

Dharmendra & Amitabh were always one above the rest e.g. Jeetendra, Rajesh Khanna, Vinod Khanna, Shashi Kapoor and Shatrughan Sinha!!!
MEE12

Romford, UK

#19 May 13, 2008
Abhijit wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. MEE,
AAj Ka MLA was banned after 3 weeks of its release but Kaka won BEST ACTOR AWARD FROM ALL INDIA CRITICS ASSOCIATION, KOLKATA and Inquilaab was a big big flop.
Khudai was direct telecasting via satellite; not released for theatre. Rajesh Khanna won BEST ACTOR AWARD AT RUSSIAN FILM FESTIVAL FOR THIS CLASSIC.
Mr. Idiot: In Aa Aab Laut Chalein, Rajesh Khanna played Central Character as father of Akshay Khanna and gave a most re-fined and polished performance.
Do not compare these films with Ram Balram and Naukar biwi type cheaptest ones.
RAjesh Khanna is the one and only recepient of PRIDE OF THE FILM INDUSTRY, YUGANTAR GAURAV AWARDEE AND NOW THE TOP MOST HONOUR HOLDER AS GOLDEN ACTOR AWARDEE OF DADA SAHEB PHALKE AWARD. Do not compare with the big big begger Bachchan.
Red Rose & Aaj Ka MLA - both Rajesh Khanna films, which were banned..what does that tell you????

Amitabh's Inquilaab did better than Rajesh Khanna's Aaj Ka MLA head to head. At the same time Jeetendra did Yeh Desh, which came 2nd out of the 3 movies made. Dont compare Ram Balram to Aa Aab Laut Chalein...there's no comparison, and im sure everyone will agree with me!!!

Dharmendra has his own style of acting and Amitabh has his own. Rajesh Khanna didnt have his own style he copied Dev Anand's acting.

Dharmendra & Amitabh were always one above the rest e.g. Jeetendra, Rajesh Khanna, Vinod Khanna, Shashi Kapoor and Shatrughan Sinha!!!
radzi

Petaling, Malaysia

#20 May 13, 2008
Anne - New York wrote:
I think all things considered, Rajesh Khanna was a better actor than Amitabh Bachan. When Bachan came on board, he was just a lanky actor who did not make much of an impression until he became the so called "angry young man." I will give Rajesh Khanna an A+ for bowing out so gracefully from films, while Amitabh Bachan gets a big fat zero for still carrying on in idiot films like "Boom" which I turned off after ten minutes! There are stars like Nana Palekar and Naseerudin Shah and Anupam Kher who can carry on the more matured roles with aplomb. Time for Amitabh Bachan to bow out - I can't stand "sha wah sha wah" and will not watch another movie with him - like I can't stand Lata's songs these days - boy was she something in her younger days - no one can beat her. However, there are times when enough is enough!
The lanky "lembu" was unsellable during his early days, but connections helped him hang-on.

Even Mumtaz said straight-on that Amit was "unsellable".

His strategy was to get help from other stars in masala multi-starers movie and he tagged along popularity of other stars in the climbing process.

He rode on the popularity of Indian cinema into its slump in the late 80s and early '90s.

....Beyond all norms????
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#21 May 13, 2008
MEE12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analysis is meant for sub-standard audiences for whom Amitabh was born. So it is better not to discuss when you have not depth knowledge about acting skill and other aspect of film media. By copying anybody can not establish the historic title FIRST SUPERSTAR OF INDIAN CINEMA. And can not be the holder of PRIDE OF THE FILM INDUSTRY, LIVING LEGEND, YUGANTAR GAURAV ACTOR AND ULTIMATELY DADA SAHEB PHALKE GOLDEN ACTOR AWARDEE. Dev Anand or any other star/actor can never be able to perform in Anand, Amar Prem, Red Rose and Aaj Ka MLA, Janta Hawaldar, Akhir Kyon, Prem Nagar, Mehabooba, Agar Tum Na Hote, etc. simultaneously with depth and with justifiable characterization. In term of versatility Rajesh Khanna have shown tremendous range that is impossible for any Amitabh, Dharmendra etc. to even touch the lowest level of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Krispy Kreme Grand Opening Set for September 8 20 hr proplayer 4
News Williamsburg celebrates the arts in September Tue Happy 1
News Miley Cyrus bares nipple on VMAs Mon LOL 1
News Twin Papoose Design: - Make everything beautiful' (Aug '10) Aug 31 Gail 4
News 'Dheere Dheere se' starring Hrithik and Sonam i... Aug 31 refractingtelescope 1
News Mukherjee touched the hearts of millions (Aug '06) Aug 30 Roshini 219
News Relatives, friends of suspect fatally shot by D... Aug 29 Elise 1
More from around the web