Homeless Sanctuary Crusaders Plan To 'Set Record Straight' at City Council Meeting

Jul 22, 2014 Full story: Patch.com 33

Hoping to "bring sanctuary" to the transients of Santa Cruz, the grassroots group , Santa Cruz Sanctuary Village , is being blasted this week by opponents of its plans to erect a homeless encampment.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ANON

Oakland, CA

#1 Jul 22, 2014
oh this was that
ANON

Oakland, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2014
nice fights in the comments.
Donny B

San Leandro, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2014
This is Buzz's curriculum shitae.......DANGEROUS TEACHER IN SCOTTS VALLEY: Click on the following link to read abusive posts by "Buzz", but be prepared, they are very lewd:

Archive for abuse posts/incest allegations by Buzz:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/santa-cruz-ca...

THIS A WARNING FOR ALL PARENTS, THERE IS A POSSIBLY ABUSIVE TEACHER/PREDATOR IN THE COMMUNITY: Please read this post for important safety information about an individual who says he is a teacher in Scotts Valley. Topix user "Buzz" posts about incest, and incest is no joking matter, it is a sign of abuse in the family. He has been posting these abusive comments by the hundreds as he stalks other topix users. Lately Buzz has also been posting as "John Colby" which is the name of one of the homeless advocates he stalks.....Please distribute this information widely!

Buzz says he has been teaching for 40 years and he is Scotts Valley based. Buzz is his nickname and it refers to the large appetite he had when he was a kid. He claims to have a master's degree and he says he went to UCSC. Buzz is most likely in his early to mid 60s, and he has said he weighs over 225 pounds, and he is over 6'2", but he may have changed his appearance recently.

Buzz says he is retired on pension, Social Security, and investments. He says he owns a home valued at $800,000 and has $500k saved + the equity in that home. He has a wife of 39 years and two successful adult children, large extended family and friends. He has also said, "the letters I receive from UC-Berkeley are addressed to "Dr. Buzz"" which implies he has a doctorate, though he contradicts that when says he has a master's degree.

Buzz's wife graduated from UCSC in 1977.....

"Buzz: My wife, UCSC '77, got her teaching credential at San Jose State the year after graduated from UCSC. It took me also one year postgraduate work for my first credential."

Here is an example of one of his abusive posts:
"What do you call your diddling your big fat sister, John? Your neighbors have complained quite a bit about it, so there is probably something to it. I can easily see why over 30 of your neighbors had signed a position calling for your eviction. You are sure one sick, perverted puppy, John."

or

Tired of being savaged under your Joe Landon sock puppet meme in the Sentinel. You need a break so....
Go give 'Jabba" a jab, John/
Go to her, John C!
She is your Sister!
love her
love her
love her
love her
love her
Slurp
Slurp
Slurp
Slurp
Slurp
Its Her meat curtain!
Give her a hoof massage tonight!
She Is Your Sister!
Go To Her, John C!

“INSANE but lovable”

Since: Jul 14

POS Van

#4 Jul 23, 2014
i always accuse others of my own failings. Everything I say about Buzz, DBS, Donny B, etc are true......about ME, that is.

e.g. 28 neighbors climed I was a child molester and I was evicted for stalking + 20 other reasons!
Pamela

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Jul 23, 2014
John Colby wrote:
i always accuse others of my own failings. Everything I say about Buzz, DBS, Donny B, etc are true......about ME, that is.
e.g. 28 neighbors climed I was a child molester and I was evicted for stalking + 20 other reasons!
I don't care much for the guy either, but using his name with a registered account is not very intelligent.
Disagree

Oakland, CA

#6 Jul 23, 2014
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care much for the guy either, but using his name with a registered account is not very intelligent.
Why? He uses other poster's names frequently. See post above. Not Donny B but loser John Colby. He's done that to most of his critics. I like that someone whacked him with his own stick and a registered one at that!
PS as if you don't know Pamela is one of his colon/sock puppets.
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#7 Jul 23, 2014
To see John Colby's curriculum shitae, do a Google search on "john e. colby" and visit his LinkedIn page. It's very illuminating.

-----

John's eviction details and more.

http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2013/06/santa...

-----

John making demands (be sure to click on the embedded links).

http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2013/08/smoki...

http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2013/07/john-...

-----

A sample of John in "rant mode".

https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2012/07/22/re...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

-----

See John's two posts in the comment section.

http://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/2013/03/19...

-----

John Colby endangered several of his so-called "clients" (Steve Lazow and Andrea Morgan) by posting their personal information and pictures on the Internet during the period June through 2 August 2012. In both instances, John posted particularly detailed information about their physical infirmities, health issues, and included several pictures of them on the Internet. In the case of Ms Morgan, twenty-three days after John's post in Indybay, Ms Morgan was robbed.

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/06/11/...

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/02/...

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/26/...

So, how much did the publishing of Ms. Morgan's health issues, vulnerabilities, and pictures contribute to her becoming a victim of the robbery? How much did the publishing of Ms Morgan's pictures aid the robber in identifying this fragile human being as being a good target for a robbery? John's very quick to remind everyone that he has a PhD in Computer Science and yet even a freshman taking computer science classes knows the dangers of posting personal information on the Internet. As a PhD, John Colby's actions, in that regard, were careless and negligent to the extreme.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTKPdmfF4X8S...

John's also careless about posting his own personal information and that of his sister, Pat. Pictures, home address, phone numbers, the list goes on and on. One one occasion, he even posted his credit card number.

-----

One of John's achievements.

https://www.facebook.com/login.php...

-----

Check out the June 12 edition of Robert Norse's FRSC show with John and Pat Colby providing comic and idiotic relief at:

http://radiolibre.org/brb/brb140612.mp3

Throughout the show:

--- Robert messes with the heads of John and Pat Colby.

--- Pat/Jabba is kissing Robert's arse throughout the interview (non-stop "I agree with you, Robert")

--- John the Loon comes across as ignorant (Ummmmm.... Ummmmm.... I don't know.) and is constantly being fed words from his puppet master, Pat/Jabba (I guess we know who wears the pants in that family and it isn't John).

Why would Robert bring the Colbys on the show to talk about a subject that they do not sound very competent in discussing? I can think of two reasons. First, after listening to the Colby toadies, it makes Robert sound all that much more intelligent by comparison. Secondly, it probably was a vanity thing. I'm sure Robert just loved the way John and Pat slobbered over and yielded to his points of view.

-----
Agree

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 23, 2014
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? He uses other poster's names frequently. See post above. Not Donny B but loser John Colby. He's done that to most of his critics. I like that someone whacked him with his own stick and a registered one at that!
PS as if you don't know Pamela is one of his colon/sock puppets.
So if you do the same things he does, how does that make you any different? Posting using other users's names, fake convos w/ people replying to their own posts using different names, etc. Who would want to do as he does and be like him with all the lame spam posts instead of presenting a proper argument? You can't win by imitation when it only makes you look as sorry as who you imitate.
Disagree

Oakland, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2014
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you do the same things he does, how does that make you any different? Posting using other users's names, fake convos w/ people replying to their own posts using different names, etc. Who would want to do as he does and be like him with all the lame spam posts instead of presenting a proper argument? You can't win by imitation when it only makes you look as sorry as who you imitate.
John Colby does not engage in dialogue. Making him look impotent and foolish and watch him stalk his critics-- who keep growing, shows him to be comic relief. He has damaged every cause in which he has participated. To have a PhD and been on welfare for 22+ years is not something to celebrate. Also some if us have gotten tired of his raving and have decided to fight back.

If you continue to follow and comment on these threads, you as lame as those you condemn.
Agree

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jul 23, 2014
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
John Colby does not engage in dialogue. Making him look impotent and foolish and watch him stalk his critics-- who keep growing, shows him to be comic relief. He has damaged every cause in which he has participated. To have a PhD and been on welfare for 22+ years is not something to celebrate. Also some if us have gotten tired of his raving and have decided to fight back.
If you continue to follow and comment on these threads, you as lame as those you condemn.
He can totally ruin himself without others using his name to post and spamming up this forum with gargle-this and do-henry that. You're doing it wrong. Call him out on his lies instead of adopting the same childish tactics he chooses to use. Dude is certifiably nuts, but unless you are too you don't even have that excuse to do what he does. Why go there?

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#11 Jul 23, 2014
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
He can totally ruin himself without others using his name to post and spamming up this forum with gargle-this and do-henry that. You're doing it wrong. Call him out on his lies instead of adopting the same childish tactics he chooses to use. Dude is certifiably nuts, but unless you are too you don't even have that excuse to do what he does. Why go there?
Maybe you need to play in a different pig pen? Whack-A-Loon is a preferred game played here.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#12 Jul 23, 2014
Those two can't find their a-$$ with both hands, how could they possibly "set the record straight" on anything?
Agree

San Francisco, CA

#13 Jul 23, 2014
The Original Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to play in a different pig pen? Whack-A-Loon is a preferred game played here.
You forgot how it works. Loon pops up, gets whacked down. The real one getting put in his place not you two staging fake profiles and playing with each other. You're trying too hard to turn this into the Donny B and Buzz show instead of the topix the rest of us know and love, where we can read posts featuring characters like Becky, Brent, John and Robert get turned into roadkill by their own lies, hypocracies and contradictions, not just you using Johns name to post and making the same gross jokes about clams, do henrys, and gargling followed by Donny asking for the eye bleach over and over again.
Agree

San Francisco, CA

#14 Jul 23, 2014
Disagree wrote:
It's not personal dude nobody is condemning you it's your style that has to change. We're on the same team and I don't want to see it lose because you're not playing the game right.
TBSC Loons

San Jose, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2014
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot how it works. Loon pops up, gets whacked down. The real one getting put in his place not you two staging fake profiles and playing with each other. You're trying too hard to turn this into the Donny B and Buzz show instead of the topix the rest of us know and love, where we can read posts featuring characters like Becky, Brent, John and Robert get turned into roadkill by their own lies, hypocracies and contradictions, not just you using Johns name to post and making the same gross jokes about clams, do henrys, and gargling followed by Donny asking for the eye bleach over and over again.
It sounds like Agree would rather stalk Becky Johnson than John Colby......

But of course they are both well known and respected homeless advocates.....
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#16 Jul 23, 2014
TBSC Loons wrote:
<quoted text>
Well known? Yes... for their inability to apply logic; their penchant for supporting their wild claims with distortions, innuendo, hyperbole, fabrications, and lies; and their ability to alienate the masses and totally destroy any project/program they are associated with.

Respected? Not by anyone that has an IQ above 24.
NONA

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jul 23, 2014
TBSC Loons wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dubious claim as despite BJ's efforts she is still well short of Scary Santa's infamy. John Colby isn't a homeless advocate but merely a selfish, vindictive person who uses the homeless as pawns to lash out at those in authority positions that he feels have wronged him. Talking his "clients" into believing they have a common enemy to gain their trust while he has his own motives isn't helping the homeless.
TBSC Hive Loons

Rodeo, CA

#18 Jul 23, 2014
NONA wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dubious claim as despite BJ's efforts she is still well short of Scary Santa's infamy. John Colby isn't a homeless advocate but merely a selfish, vindictive person who uses the homeless as pawns to lash out at those in authority positions that he feels have wronged him. Talking his "clients" into believing they have a common enemy to gain their trust while he has his own motives isn't helping the homeless.
More lies.

John Colby has gotten homeless people housing.....what have you done?
TBSC Hive Loons

Rodeo, CA

#19 Jul 23, 2014
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
Well known? Yes... for their inability to apply logic; their penchant for supporting their wild claims with distortions, innuendo, hyperbole, fabrications, and lies; and their ability to alienate the masses and totally destroy any project/program they are associated with.
Oh look. The bot stopped posting the same cut and paste lies over and over again.

Is this cut and paste also?
TBSC Hive Loons

Rodeo, CA

#20 Jul 23, 2014
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
Also....

We have two different cut and paste spam posts from "Donny B" on this thread....post #3 and #7......

Donny B is responsible for 60% of the spam posts on topix.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz, Argentina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cyberbullying to sexting: Santa Cruz class an '... Dec '14 DBS 29
Volunteers help restore Evergreen Cemetery in S... Sep '14 AnnoN 1
Santa Cruz's Sean Venus sees artisanal spirits ... Aug '14 GodSmacked 2
Project Homeless Connect returns to Santa Cruz ... (May '14) May '14 DBS 1
Santa Cruz Police: Man steals Warriors jerseys,... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ANON 2
Eight arrested in Santa Cruz County prostitutio... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ANON 1
Public safety task force armed with solutions f... (Nov '13) Nov '13 The Original Buzz 16
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:40 am PST