Layne Staley Book To Be Made Into a M...

Layne Staley Book To Be Made Into a Movie?

There are 51 comments on the Roadrunnerrecords.com story from Sep 28, 2006, titled Layne Staley Book To Be Made Into a Movie?. In it, Roadrunnerrecords.com reports that:

LAYNE STALEY Book To Be Made Into A Movie? - Sep. 28, 2006 According to a press release from ARTS Publications , Argentinean journalist/author Adriana Rubio has been contacted by writer/director Eric Moyer from ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roadrunnerrecords.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
waltzing matilda1

Lane Cove, Australia

#47 Jan 29, 2009
I have now read the book which is rubbish, was terribly written & I think half of the story was missing as aic & friends didnt contribute to it, I can understand why they didnt want to conribute to it, as well as Rubio adding a bunch of crap just to add bulk to the book, the only good thing is pictures of Layne & his artwork & poetry...Layne was & is an inspiration, his style of singing is so unique & he had many other talents as well, I grieve for him because I think its so sad he wasnt able to be rehabilitated out of his 'hole'. Hopefully his life has inspired others to get clean, but I think people tend to focus on the neagative too much, afterall every1 had bad habits, hope ur resting in peace xx
Poos y Plumber

Calgary, Canada

#48 Mar 1, 2009
Aicgoddess wrote:
I cant wait to see this movie! Got goosebumps thinking about it!!!!
you said it rita.
wallpaper

Punxsutawney, PA

#49 Mar 14, 2009
testing
Jordan

Bethel, OH

#50 May 30, 2009
I don't care if the movie sucks or is a hit, as long as they don't spend the whole movie on showing his pain, its a biography you're supposed to show the lows and highs of his life and everywhere on the internet it briefly goes over his accomplishments and focuses on his pain, if you listened to his songs you know he's tortured RIP Layne
Demi roy

Worcester, VT

#51 Oct 24, 2009
OMG!!!!! you people have to make the movie SOON!!!!! I LOVE LAYNE STALEY i'll watch it and like millons or billons will watch it!!!!!
Mookie

Lenni, PA

#52 Dec 21, 2009
YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW wrote:
1. The members of Alice in Chains are in no way affiliated with, nor do they even APPROVE of, this movie being made. Jerry Cantrell said so himself, calling it (and I quote) "Fucking horseshit." Rubio's book is poorly researched and poorly written, and most of the "facts" in it were gleaned from Layne's distraught mother. No band members or friends of Layne were consulted for the book.
2. The film makers do NOT have permission to use Alice in Chains' music in the movie. The band is against it. Jerry himself said that the movie will likely focus on the bad aspects of Layne's life, and it's a shame because he was so much more than a rocker with a drug problem.
Don't you all get it?? Rubio's sorry excuse for a biography was just a way to make quick money, exploiting the death of a controversial rockstar. The movie, if it ever even gets made, is to be based on the book---now THAT's a true tragedy. True AIC fans should do the right thing and avoid this inaccurate, fabricated piece of garbage.
I love Layne Staley almost as much as life itself. Like he did for many of you, he saved my life by inspiring me with his music to get help for my drug addiction. Though I did not know him personally, I know he would not want his tortured life to be exploited like this for cash. Let's do right by him and keep him alive through the MUSIC, the lyrics... And maybe, with the approval of his family and friends, a movie done RIGHT--with involvement from those closest to him.
Layne Thomas Staley was a true poet and musical talent with a huge heart who suffered from a heartbreaking disease. "Get Born Again" the movie is sure to portray our beloved Layne as a strung-out, scumbag junkie... I don't know about you all, but that sure as hell isn't the way I want to remember him.
-- J.
Amen. Layne Staley was a TRUE MUSICAL GENIUS who never gets the credit he deserves. People are so quick to say,"Oh, he was just a junkie" without doing any research or even listening to his music.

Layne, you are sorely missed.
Erik

Slovenia

#54 Dec 12, 2010
I would like that someone makes a really good film about Layne Staley. A few days ago I watched a film (don't remember the title) starring Joaquim Phoenix and I thought he would fill the role as Layne superbly.
Brianna

United States

#55 Jan 15, 2011
Ok, to "You all should know;" VERY well said!! Sounds like you have about as much appreciation, respect and love for Layne Staley as I do. I couldn't agree with you more! Layne Staley was and is a masterpiece! A true work of art! No one will ever come close to portaying him because he was one of a kind. No one will ever compare to him, vocally or creatively. He was his own by far! Regardless of who they cast for the role of Layne in a crappy excuse for a biopic or a real and true biography of his life, good and bad; no one will succeed in portraying the real and true Layne Staley. I do hope that one day, a film will come out that portrays who he really was, beyond his addiction and reveal his talents and feelings and troubles just as the rest of us have, because he was a real person. Not just a rockstar with a good voice and a heroin addiction. He was so much more than ANY of us really even know!

And to "Eric;" Joaquim Phoenix is a good actor. He portrayed Johnny Cash well, as well as anyone else could have. But in no way would he be a good fit to play Layne Staley!! I could think of a few people that in MY OWN opinion would be best to play him as closely as possible, but none of which are Mr. Phoenix.

Again, I do hope that eventually, someone has the sense to write a screenplay about Layne that focuses on who he was, all the good things about him, and yes, his struggles too. But not focusing on ONLY his demons and problems. We all have them. He was human like all of us. But I have absolutely no interest in seeing a biopic based on the book by Adriana Rubio, as they should have been tossed in the can before they ever hit any shelves! They're crap! Layne would roll over in his grave if he had one!

Layne Thomas Staley, may you Rest in Peace where you truly belong! You will always, ALWAYS be remembered as the beautiful and endlessly talented soul you are! You are so painfully loved! RIP 8/22/67 - 4/5/02
Events proffesional

Hanoi, Vietnam

#56 Sep 4, 2011
Poos y Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
you said it rita.
Events proffesional http://maynongcu.info
Events proffesional

Hanoi, Vietnam

#57 Sep 4, 2011
Graphic design for the overall event as preparation for the placement of coverage for an event overview, from the stage, sound, lighting, appliances for the event are the most detailed, the event will be held ..
graphic shows many details of the items held an event brand advertising. Show specifying the color brand, the event, is a best direct marketing to people to attend.
View more on
http://maynongcu.info
Logan

Poway, CA

#58 Sep 4, 2011
kevin wrote:
Put the movie out then don't mess up what this man's music and legacy stands for to this date. Also, I can only see person playing him on talent and look alike and that's Ryan Phillipe...Good day Alice In Chains forever
I think Ben Foster should play him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buenos Aires, Argentina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Buenos Aires, Obama aims to boost Argentina'... Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 15
News Bribery scandal darkens South American unity co... (May '10) Feb '16 same goes up here 2
News Heavy Smoke Blankets Buenos Aires (Apr '08) Feb '16 UNESCO Biosphere eh 3
News Argentina revokes arrest warrant for Justin Bieber (Jul '15) Jul '15 Well you know 1
Cristina Fernandéz de Kirchner está bajo la pre... (May '15) May '15 JoseBM 1
Ship from Canada catches drug shipments (Apr '15) Apr '15 Anonymous 1
Jesus/Yeshua is the only way to eternal life an... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Donna Lee 1
More from around the web