Argentina becomes first Latin America...

Argentina becomes first Latin American country to legalize same-sex...

There are 30 comments on the WTVR story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Argentina becomes first Latin American country to legalize same-sex.... In it, WTVR reports that:

Argentina legalized same-sex marriage Thursday, becoming the first country in Latin America give gays and lesbians all the legal rights that marriage brings to heterosexual couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
who knows

Hopewell, VA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
And I care why?
WinterWind

Kent, OH

#2 Jul 15, 2010
Good for Argentina...It's time to realize this won't cause the end of the world or society as we know it (although the continuous spewing of oil into our oceans may)and gays have the same rights to be miserable as the rest of the heterosexual community of married people...grow up, world...let two people in love declare it to society and share their worldly possessions legally...like "who knows" said, why should anyone care?

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#3 Jul 15, 2010
And yet, another reason NOT to waste money going to Argentina.

Seem their politicians are even more wacko than ours.(But they always have been)

Weren't they the idiots that attacked the British over the Falklands?

Yes I believe they were, and got their butts kicked all the way back home.

A nation of idiots led by political morons.
Ricardo

United States

#4 Jul 15, 2010
who knows wrote:
And I care why?
My thoughts EXACTLY.
Ruth

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Who cares?
Quagmire

Saluda, VA

#6 Jul 15, 2010
AIDS spreaders.

“Common sense aint that common.”

Since: Jan 10

Richmond, VA

#7 Jul 15, 2010
Okie Dokie, then.
hojo

Ridgecrest, CA

#8 Jul 15, 2010
Just another "nail in the coffin" of how our society, the United States, Argentina, the rest of the world, has fallen into this "political trap" of immoral degredation, a cancer that continues to spread, in direct opposition to "natural law." established thousands of years ago by God our creator!---As an 18th century theologian once said--"An immoral society justifies it's own sin." People today are "blindly and ignorantly" living their lives with, literally,----- One foot in Hell and the other foot on a banana peel!!!
Bill Of Rights

Menlo Park, CA

#9 Jul 15, 2010
Quagmire wrote:
AIDS spreaders.
Hey imbecile! Why are you such a disgusting LIAR! NOT TRUE! World wide there are far more heteros suffering from HIV than the whole gay population! Try some education next time it does wonders! AID's is a disease that knows NO bounds and crosses all segments of society! It affects all Human beings,men,women,and children! What a loser you are! The origin of HIV and AID's!
http://wisegeek.com/how-did-the-aids-epidemic...
Edio

Boston, MA

#10 Jul 15, 2010
who knows wrote:
And I care why?
Is this a riddle? OK, I give up. What's the answer?

Moving on ... Congrats to the s-s couples in Argentina who want to get married.
PowerMama

Richmond, VA

#11 Jul 15, 2010
Yeah! This is awesome news! Equal rights for all!

Since: Jun 09

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jul 15, 2010
hojo wrote:
Just another "nail in the coffin" of how our society, the United States, Argentina, the rest of the world, has fallen into this "political trap" of immoral degredation, a cancer that continues to spread, in direct opposition to "natural law." established thousands of years ago by God our creator!---As an 18th century theologian once said--"An immoral society justifies it's own sin." People today are "blindly and ignorantly" living their lives with, literally,----- One foot in Hell and the other foot on a banana peel!!!
Sorry, but the immoral degradation started with y'all and your usage of religion in order to oppress and suppress. Deplorable at best. People today are "blindly and ignorantly" living their lives, this goes well with religious fundamentalists. Blindly and ignorantly seems to be more with religious blind faith. LoL.
RCC Truth Squad

Granger, IN

#13 Jul 15, 2010
Just H3r3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the immoral degradation started with y'all and your usage of religion in order to oppress and suppress. Deplorable at best. People today are "blindly and ignorantly" living their lives, this goes well with religious fundamentalists. Blindly and ignorantly seems to be more with religious blind faith. LoL.
Where do morals come from? If there is no "natural law" and there is no faith in God, then what is the foundation of any "morality"? If we are free to do anything we want without being bound by either one...then why would it necessarily be wrong with you and your ilk from being rounded up and killed, if the ruling regime simply want it to be so? You attack that which preserves real freedom. That is real ignorance.

As we sprint away from God our civilization is quickly crumbling before our eyes....and the only thing you seem concerned about is being able to marry someone of the same sex? You will see the fruits of this continue to turn sour. There are ramifications for all things.

Marriage, by definition is the union of a man and a woman and is a contract with society and a covenant with God whose primary purpose is for creating and raising families. You can change the definition but you cannot change the real meaning of what it is. Do not confuse gay marriage with authentic marriage unless you are comfortable in the celebration of a fraud and a lie.

There are already legal means to co-habitate and ensure property rights, etc. The Gay movement is not happy with that, however. They desire that which is reserved for something else entirely. "Marriage" of same sex people is like calling a dog a cat. Pass as many laws as you like...but you dishonor the institution of marriage with such nonsense. If you cannot respect others it is counterproductive to gaining respect for yourselves.

Regardless, you are fortunate to have opposition such as the Church
of Rome in this matter. It will respect you, speak out on the dignity of all life, including yours and it would not kill you...which is not the case in much of the world. Blessings to you.

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jul 15, 2010
RCC Truth Squad wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do morals come from? If there is no "natural law" and there is no faith in God, then what is the foundation of any "morality"? If we are free to do anything we want without being bound by either one...then why would it necessarily be wrong with you and your ilk from being rounded up and killed, if the ruling regime simply want it to be so? You attack that which preserves real freedom. That is real ignorance.
As we sprint away from God our civilization is quickly crumbling before our eyes....and the only thing you seem concerned about is being able to marry someone of the same sex? You will see the fruits of this continue to turn sour. There are ramifications for all things.
Marriage, by definition is the union of a man and a woman and is a contract with society and a covenant with God whose primary purpose is for creating and raising families. You can change the definition but you cannot change the real meaning of what it is. Do not confuse gay marriage with authentic marriage unless you are comfortable in the celebration of a fraud and a lie.
There are already legal means to co-habitate and ensure property rights, etc. The Gay movement is not happy with that, however. They desire that which is reserved for something else entirely. "Marriage" of same sex people is like calling a dog a cat. Pass as many laws as you like...but you dishonor the institution of marriage with such nonsense. If you cannot respect others it is counterproductive to gaining respect for yourselves.
Regardless, you are fortunate to have opposition such as the Church
of Rome in this matter. It will respect you, speak out on the dignity of all life, including yours and it would not kill you...which is not the case in much of the world. Blessings to you.
Er... no. We aren't a theocracy, so don't try to go there. You have your religion, I have mine. I find those who need religion to define their moral values quite surprising. What about those societies that have no religion, but have moral values. If you need these moral values stemming from religion then so be it, but your inference that all of us needs religion to have moral values is quite sad. Your view and opinions is your own.
LoL. Dishonor the institution of marriage? Sorry, but you guys do it all by yourself. If you want the sanctity, ban divorce, simple. But its more than that. You seem to push your religious dogma unto those that don't want to want it.
The Church? You mean the same one that help endorse the Uganda "Kill a Gay Bill," FRC? Really. Er. no. What I find offensive are those who uses religion to oppress others. Your religion is your own. Religious Freedom, sure and I also believe Freedom of Religious Tyranny.
The only lie and fraud are those who uses religion to spread ignorance.
RCC Truth Squad

Granger, IN

#15 Jul 15, 2010
I repeat.

If there is no "natural law" based morality OR no morality imparted by God through religious faith....then what is the root of morality? It would then be a matter of shifting sand based upon whatever the ruling elite of the age says it is.

You describe religious tyranny...when you actually mean that you do not want to be exposed to freely expressed religious views. No one can make you become a Catholic if you do not want to be. Where is the religious tyranny?

The tyranny is your desire to SHUT DOWN RELIGION and the views of the RELIGIOUS. You have it all backwards. That is the problem of this age...the truth is called false, light is called darkness, darkness is called light...and the Evil One has willing fools to spread lies, scatter the flock and destroy what it good.

We will keep speaking out. The Church is here to stay. Get used to it.

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jul 15, 2010
RCC Truth Squad wrote:
I repeat.
If there is no "natural law" based morality OR no morality imparted by God through religious faith....then what is the root of morality? It would then be a matter of shifting sand based upon whatever the ruling elite of the age says it is.
You describe religious tyranny...when you actually mean that you do not want to be exposed to freely expressed religious views. No one can make you become a Catholic if you do not want to be. Where is the religious tyranny?
The tyranny is your desire to SHUT DOWN RELIGION and the views of the RELIGIOUS. You have it all backwards. That is the problem of this age...the truth is called false, light is called darkness, darkness is called light...and the Evil One has willing fools to spread lies, scatter the flock and destroy what it good.
We will keep speaking out. The Church is here to stay. Get used to it.
If anything that is backwards is what you assume what I want. I will respect your religion and your views. But until you start infringing on my personal rights to being equal to you, then that's when I have a problem. You term of "truth" is extremely subjective to you and you alone. Whereas my truth lies with another religion. The tyranny here is the incorporation of the Religious right into the government. That's the tyranny and yes I'm tired of it so I speak out. Your view of the world/religion seems to be so black and white. But my view of the world has more colors in it. Without darkness you cannot understand light. Without evil, you cannot understand good. Yin/Yang. You keep speaking out, you have the right to. But don't expect me to just take it from you and others like you, like I have been all my life. What religion is to you is you alone. Leave me out of it please. You have the right to have your views and your right to practice that religion. So where does that end? When you infringe upon my right, then that's when we will have a problem.

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jul 15, 2010
RCC Truth Squad wrote:
It would then be a matter of shifting sand based upon whatever the ruling elite of the age says it is.
Let's see... The ruling elite are usually those in the Church filling their coffers with the use of Religion to instill fear and dogma to the masses. So yes, power relations is an important key role here. Who are the ruling elite? White men who are heterosexual and part of the Christo-Judaic belief? Those are the ones who are usually in the elite right? Ruling elite as those who use religion to claim "convert or die," like how the Christians did in the past to weed out other Pagan beliefs, when they forced their belief system unto them? Or how about how women are treated within the religion in the past with the "ruling elite"? Yea, no. Sorry, your use of morals is your own. If you need religion to guide your value system, more power to you. There are others that do not need or have the use of religion to have a value system, because they either believe differently or in my case, can see the world as it really is instead of the black and white view that you have explicitly made clear in your previous posts.

“II Samuel 1:26”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18 Jul 15, 2010
RCC Truth Squad wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do morals come from?
Matthew 22:36-40
WinterWind

Kent, OH

#19 Jul 15, 2010
Quagmire wrote:
AIDS spreaders.
Unlike you, Quagmire, who seems to be an expert at spreading manure...Making blanket statements like that only exposes your bigotry, lack of compassion and intelligence. Check your sources and you'll see that AIDS isn't exclusive to the gay community. You must not be a very spiritual person, to condemn a group of people so quickly. I feel sorry for you and people like you who actually buy into those myths.
hojo

Ridgecrest, CA

#20 Jul 15, 2010
Just H3r3 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church oppressing and suppressing people????The Church doesn't force anyone to follow its teachings, it's religious and spiritual beliefs, or pray and worship in its sanctuaries. I chose to follow the biblical teachings of Jesus Christ, by a proven, reliable and gifted faith that God brings to All of His people,who chose to grow in the faith in Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The only "blindness and ignorance" that is evident in today's world, are from those that reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and place judgment upon those Christians who believe that there is a "Heaven and a Hell and that mans own "sinful nature" is leading him down the road of eternal damnation, if he chooses reject God's offer of salvation, and the path "righteousness" that our Creator has offered to us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buenos Aires, Argentina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Che Guevara's Daughter Wins Argentine Citizenship (Aug '07) Sep '16 WE JUST DONT CARE 1,042
Cheap Kitchen Units Birmingham (Jul '16) Jul '16 rana5 1
News Cali and Barranquilla Recognized as Top 10 "Maj... (May '13) Jul '16 ayman666 2
News In Buenos Aires, Obama aims to boost Argentina'... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 15
News Bribery scandal darkens South American unity co... (May '10) Feb '16 same goes up here 2
News Heavy Smoke Blankets Buenos Aires (Apr '08) Feb '16 UNESCO Biosphere eh 3
News Argentina revokes arrest warrant for Justin Bieber (Jul '15) Jul '15 Well you know 1
More from around the web